Page 120 of 776 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 11640

Danny Rand crying in the club right now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I don't mind hints. But I don't wanna have the MCU use the Days of Our Lives/Young and the Restless approach of storytelling either!
    I think comics got much of it's inspiration from soaps with some of the drama type stories it told. And probably some things from them having been romance comics earlier on. But especially since around the 70s, comics have been something that did not have self contained stories. It was no longer buy three issues of the main book to get all of the story. Crossovers started. The MCU has been that from the start. So Monica won't obviously get a story about her in WandaVision. She'll get it in Captain Marvel where it makes better sense for her to be fleshed out. Billy and Tommy will become Young Avengers later on and not on this show, because it's supposed to tie into that.

And they were very open about these shows tying into other things. One thing that they are doing that is great is making it so if you see the movies only, you'll be able to know what happened in the shows. Because they know Disney+ isn't available in all areas. The high number of viewership for Disney+ so far means that won't be a problem anyway. People will watch everything Marvel now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

And tbh, in real life not everything is addressed in a neat and quick movie or mini series, so I'm ok with leaving things open-ended sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I doubt they'd ever descend that far! For one, the acting is more realistic!
    The acting is more realistic, absolutely! But the serialization is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think comics got much of it's inspiration from soaps with some of the drama type stories it told. And probably some things from them having been romance comics earlier on. But especially since around the 70s, comics have been something that did not have self contained stories. It was no longer buy three issues of the main book to get all of the story. Crossovers started. The MCU has been that from the start. So Monica won't obviously get a story about her in WandaVision. She'll get it in Captain Marvel where it makes better sense for her to be fleshed out. Billy and Tommy will become Young Avengers later on and not on this show, because it's supposed to tie into that.

And they were very open about these shows tying into other things. One thing that they are doing that is great is making it so if you see the movies only, you'll be able to know what happened in the shows. Because they know Disney+ isn't available in all areas. The high number of viewership for Disney+ so far means that won't be a problem anyway. People will watch everything Marvel now.
    Yeah, they got me hooked. And I've NEVER streamed to watch any new content ever before up until a couple of months ago! So good for Disney. But I gotta ask, as somebody who has not watched a SINGLE show produced by now-defunct Marvel Television, did any of Marvel Television's shows have THAT much exposition?! I mean I think it's getting outta hand in the Disney/Marvel Studios stuff.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-06-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think the exposition could be better handled. I think the limited run time might be partially to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, they got me hooked. And I've NEVER streamed to watch any new content ever before up until a couple of months ago! So good for Disney. But I gotta ask, as somebody who has not watched a SINGLE show produced by now-defunct Marvel Television, did any of Marvel Television's shows have THAT much exposition?! I mean I think it's getting outta hand in the Disney/Marvel Studios stuff.
    Netflix marvel was mostly just people sitting around and talking and plenty of unneccesary characters.

They were brutally long. 13 episodes was nuts
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Netflix marvel was mostly just people sitting around and talking and plenty of unneccesary characters.

At least the Netflix shows weren't 22 episodes long like network shows

Astonishing Member

And they had enough story for 6 episodes.

And the budget for 3 episodes.

Ultimate Member

Could Loki introduce any other heroes we're not expecting?

Amazing Member

Actually the Netflix heroes should be from the splinter timeline the Loki in the series left.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Actually the Netflix heroes should be from the splinter timeline the Loki in the series left.
    I hadn't thought of that. Idk if they'd appear specifically in this show, but it could lead to that down the line.

Amazing Member

The smartest thing to to would have been either to set the stories between 2008-10. Between Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, and IM2. Pre-Avengers 1. This way, the most fantastic things NYers and to a lesser extent Americans saw in that universe was Iron Man vs. Iron Monger and Whiplash and Hulk vs. Abominations. No aliens yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    That would be cool.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Wow, that's crazy. Sounds boring as hell too. One of my biggest problems with the Disney Plus shows thus far is the addition of SO many characters and plotlines at the expense of the main characters and main plotlines. I get that the MCU is connected, but this world-building shit just gets on my nerves. I feel I have to brace myself for a LOT of exposition when I watch these things. The Wonder Years and Doogie Houser, M.D. did NOT have these issues. Thanks for answering my question, dude.