Page 139 of 777 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 11648

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    In 2012 I don't think any of us ever thought there was any chance of Marvel ever doing a space comedy with a bunch of idiot no-names like the Guardians of the Galaxy, yet here we are.

They did a sit-com for Wanda, I wouldn't rule out a musical. I mean, it's not something I'd expect to see or anything, but never say never, just when you think you know how these guys are gonna play things, they switch it up on you.

....probably not, like, a whole musical movie....but maybe an episode?

As for the Iron Man 3/ Dark World thing....pretty sure IM3 comes first; it came out in theaters first, which is *usually* indicative of timeline order, and Thor had spent a unspecified but substantial amount of time tamping down the rebellions across the Realms in Dark World, while in IM3 Tony is still dealing with the very fresh trauma of the Chitauri invasion.

But both films stand on their own with no real connective tissue between them so it doesn't matter which you watch first.
    You're absolutely right. I still think it's crazy how the Guardians have become as successful as they are. And the sit-com stuff with Wanda was extremely well-received (particularly I think amongst non-superhero fandom). Besides, if Lady Gaga joins the MCU, I think it would be a given she would do some singing. I think one episode would be enough to get people buzzing though. I just think after a while, the MCU is gonna have to get more experimental. I think doing different things breeds creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'd rather have a Native American hero set in the present day.
    There have been multiple Red Wolves throughout the history of the Marvel universe. If it were up to me, I’d have a red Wolf movie set during the old west and then I’d a a Disney plus show about the Rangers set in the present day with a new Red Wolf as one of the team members.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    There have been multiple Red Wolves throughout the history of the Marvel universe. If it were up to me, I’d have a red Wolf movie set during the old west and then I’d a a Disney plus show about the Rangers set in the present day with a new Red Wolf as one of the team members.
    It's possible, I guess

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'd rather have a Native American hero set in the present day.
    You're making me nostalgic for Batman INC

Bill Great Eagle: AKA Man-of-Bats

I would love to see Marvel really push the boat out if they do a Western with a Native American Hero as the lead

Ultimate Member

Honestly I can't say I'd be super thrilled for a Marvel western. Most genres are just based on tropes.

I'd like to see more Native American representation, or basically any at all in the live-action universes, but sticking them in the past always plays like the stereotypical 'vanishing Native American' trope. Maybe I'm wrong though

Red Wolf gets transported to the modern day so you could just start the movie out with him in the modern day. You could play it as most people thinking he's crazy till they find out the truth.

Another option would be to use the more modern day indigenous characters. You could always give Warpath, Moonstar, Forge etc a solo film dealing primarily with their heritage.

For example, a Warpath solo could easily be pitched as "Golden Age Superman on an Apache reservation".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Red Wolf gets transported to the modern day so you could just start the movie out with him in the modern day. You could play it as most people thinking he's crazy till they find out the truth.

Another option would be to use the more modern day indigenous characters. You could always give Warpath, Moonstar, Forge etc a solo film dealing primarily with their heritage.

For example, a Warpath solo could easily be pitched as "Golden Age Superman on an Apache reservation".
    I guess RW being transported to modern times would be interesting. Sort of a parallel to Captain America, only even further back in time

I guess RW being transported to modern times would be interesting. Sort of a parallel to Captain America, only even further back in time
    He has a new friendship with Hawkeye you could explore. Or you could put him in the Time Variance with Loki. Force them to work together and you got a Buddy cop story. A Tale as old as time.

Ultimate Member

He has a new friendship with Hawkeye you could explore. Or you could put him in the Time Variance with Loki. Force them to work together and you got a Buddy cop story. A Tale as old as time.
    Interesting. It could work. I guess any Native American visibility is good, right?
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 04-26-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Interesting. It could work. I guess any Native American visibility is good, right?
    That depends on how Native Americans feel about it. I'm not NA so I don't presume to know what it should be. I'm Indo-Carribean so the closest characters I have for good representation are Bushmaster and Davos.

Kamala is up and coming but I rather wait for the show to come out before I judge it.

Ultimate Member

That depends on how Native Americans feel about it. I'm not NA so I don't presume to know what it should be. I'm Indo-Carribean so the closest characters I have for good representation are Bushmaster and Davos.

Kamala is up and coming but I rather wait for the show to come out before I judge it.
    Well, I shouldn't have said any. I should've any non-stereotypical or non-problematic visibility could be good. The Avengers haven't had much NA representation at all (the X-Men do much better on that front). But at least Asian representation is improving somewhat, with Kamala and Shang-Chi joining the MCU.

I'm shocked that the MCU is bringing in a Muslim-American hero. When I was growing up in the 90s, most Muslims were treated as swarthy-skinned terrorists!

Well, I shouldn't have said any. I should've any non-stereotypical or non-problematic visibility could be good. The Avengers haven't had much NA representation at all (the X-Men do much better on that front). But at least Asian representation is improving somewhat, with Kamala and Shang-Chi joining the MCU.
    I didn't mean to shame you. Sometimes you gotta be pragmatic about it. I was fine with making Danny mixed race or East Asian. But I never saw it as a quick fix because the character has other problems to address. So him staying white wasn't the issue.

I'm not into Shang-Chi and I lost interest in Kamala but maybe the MCU could change my mind.

Sony could always help out with adapting Puma.

Ultimate Member

I didn't mean to shame you. Sometimes you gotta be pragmatic about it. I was fine with making Danny mixed race or East Asian. But I never saw it as a quick fix because the character has other problems to address. So him staying white wasn't the issue.

I'm not into Shang-Chi and I lost interest in Kamala but maybe the MCU could change my mind.

Sony could always help out with adapting Puma.
    Oh no. I wasn't bothered by what you said! I just looked back at what I said and thought it was incomplete.

I don't think Iron Fist being White is necessarily a problem if they improve on Asian representation and don't portray him as a White savior. As for Kamala and Shang, they're not my favorites, but I like them just fine. I hope their live action versions are good and successful

Puma could always show up in a Spider-hero movie

Niffleheim

No. "ANY" can go wrong and sounds like effort is not required and any visibility will do. Good to GREAT Native American visibility is what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm shocked that the MCU is bringing in a Muslim-American hero. When I was growing up in the 90s, most Muslims were treated as swarthy-skinned terrorists!
    This hasn't changed.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-26-2021 at 01:02 PM.