Page 14 of 775 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really hope this happens; I've been wanting to see Clint get a show of his own for ages. Netflix was my preference but this streaming service might work just as well. Maybe even better if they're bankrolling this hard and put in the quality.
    I don't think they're going to put a show starring one of the original movie Avengers on Netflix (especially when they're already starting to cull the Netflix shows).
    It's totally gonna be inspired by Fraction's run. I can feel it in my bones. Now we can start fan-casting pizza dog!
    Again, I'm fine so long as we don't get Hawkguy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they're going to put a show starring one of the original movie Avengers on Netflix (especially when they're already starting to cull the Netflix shows). .
    Oh, certainly not. The Netflix stuff pulls a totally different audience and it's in everyone's best interests to keep those shows separate from the movies even if they inhabit the same world. Can't have a seven year old Avengers fan following Hawkeye to Netflix, even if Clint's show were to be all ages appropriate. That seven year old is gonna finish Clint's show, then head straight for Daredevil or Punisher. Disney doesn't want to cross the demographic streams.

I do think Netflix would've been a great home for Hawkeye in that it would fit his character and be a format he'd do well in, but it was never *actually* gonna happen. And once Disney decided to do their own streaming service, Marvel was never going to approve another new show for Netflix anyway (or Hulu or whoever else).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I

I kind of expected an MCU Hawkeye story would feature Kate, but I hope they don't go full-on Hawkguy here.
    I hate Hawkguy.

MCU Barton simply can't be Hawkguy. I would make no sense. Dude is a SHIELD agent.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I hate Hawkguy.

MCU Barton simply can't be Hawkguy. I would make no sense. Dude is a SHIELD agent.
    Can someone define "Hawkguy" for me? Because I'm not sure if I'm understanding the context. I think I am, but......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Can someone define "Hawkguy" for me? Because I'm not sure if I'm understanding the context. I think I am, but......
    Factions bumbling kind of a idiot Clint

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Factions bumbling kind of a idiot Clint
    Okay, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure.

~ Black Panther.

I hate Hawkguy.

It never even made that much sense for comic Hawkeye .

Mighty Member

Inhumans came out today Nov. 2, 2018 ... in another universe. I will now dedicate the rest of this post to make a troll review of the movie.

Let's start:

Honestly, it was a pretty good movie. I loved the non-euclidean geometry used in the creation of Attilan. With the budget they had, I'm surprised they didn't turn it into a glorified warehouse. The cast needs a tv show So long as Scott Buck doesn't helm it.

Lockjaw's CGI was so realistic, but I'm more surprised about how the cast interacted with what basically was CGI.

The Fantastic Four and Quicksilver cameos were a bit much. I'm surprised they managed to get a picture of the FF logo in without Fox having a fit.

Still, the post credits scene made sense. The Inhuman Royal Family went to the Fantastic Four for help with dealing with Thanos and the Snap only to find piles of ashes.

Trollpost done

Damn you Ike, damn you

Perhaps I have my facts jumbled but I thought Ike pushed for the Inhumans movie while Feige had little interest in the property. Either way would've been nice to see on the big screen.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Mighty Member

And Perlmutter, being the cheapskate he normally is, decided to give something as high concept as Inhumans no budget and under Buck.

BANNED

Would anyone be okay with this idea for the MCU future ? https://www.newsarama.com/42596-its-...tflix-abc.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Would anyone be okay with this idea for the MCU future ? https://www.newsarama.com/42596-its-...tflix-abc.html
    Eh, seems unnecessary to me.

The caste system is a legit criticism of the MCU, and it's a real pile of BS that we mostly only get easter eggs across media formats. But "making the divorce official" (nice turn of phrase, article writer!) doesn't seem like it'd be terribly beneficial. The only real draw here is that you'd have a little more freedom using characters and you could see some overlap....but would that be something anyone would want to do in the first place? Is ABC really going to try and cast their own Captain America or Luke Cage or Carol Danvers? Probably not. The movies might want to use Ghost Rider or Daredevil or someone.....but these are properties the movies already had access to and decided not to pursue (at least for the foreseeable future) so they probably aren't interested anyway.

And now with the Disney streaming service, Marvel is going to stop licensing these IP's out and will just produce the shows for the Disney app. So everything is going to be under Fiege's control, making crossovers far easier on every level. Except for the handful of characters currently under contract with other companies. And that's, what, the Defenders (plus Punisher), Cloak and Dagger, and maybe Squirrel Girl if that New Warriors show actually happens? Quake, the Rider, and maybe a couple others? And Agents of SHIELD is probably ending soon, and Luke Cage and Iron Fist already have, so depending on what contracts look like the streaming service could grab those guys fairly quickly too (maybe not the actors, but the characters, and re-casting isn't new to the MCU).

And of course, Fiege is about to have a whole mountain of IP's dumped in his lap when the Fox deal goes through.

If the MCU was officially broken up, it wouldn't be the end of the world. But I don't think anyone would really gain all that much from it either. >shrug<

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    nahhh I never saw the Defenders as needing the Avengers and Marvel has 1000+ characters. You could always find a stand-in or just use someone else.

BANNED

I thought you all may like to see this...https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11...hday-greeting/

Also Kevin Fiege made an appearance in the special as well.