Page 140 of 776 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 11637

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh no. I wasn't bothered by what you said! I just looked back at what I said and thought it was incomplete.

I don't think Iron Fist being White is necessarily a problem if they improve on Asian representation and don't portray him as a White savior. As for Kamala and Shang, they're not my favorites, but I like them just fine. I hope their live action versions are good and successful

Puma could always show up in a Spider-hero movie
    Yeah but I don't have faith they'll use him well. I rather he get a solo movie. It's more of a chance to shine than him being a bit player in someone else's movie. Black Panther's the exception not the rule.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-26-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    No. "ANY" can go wrong and sounds like effort is not required and any visibility will do. Good to GREAT Native American visibility is what I want.

This hasn't changed.
    Yeah, I corrected myself in a later post. But I agree, the portrayals have to be good and not just lazy or stereotypical

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah but I don't have faith they'll use him well. I rather he get a solo movie. It's more of a chance to shine than him being a bit player in someone else's movie. Black Panther's the exception not the rule.
    You mean Puma?

Yeah, I corrected myself in a later post. But I agree, the portrayals have to be good and not just lazy or stereotypical

You mean Puma?
    yeah.

Ultimately I don't benching Iron Fist to give Blindspot a chance. I rather have a show with an Asian lead than forcing them to just Iron Fist's bit players. Colleen outshined Danny and half the time i wished she was the lead instead of him.

Ultimate Member

yeah.

Ultimately I don't benching Iron Fist to give Blindspot a chance. I rather have a show with an Asian lead than forcing them to just Iron Fist's bit players. Colleen outshined Danny and half the time i wished she was the lead instead of him.
    That might've been more due to the writing for Danny Rand

That might've been more due to the writing for Danny Rand
    I know but I'm fine with benching Danny and giving someone else a shot. Granted I'd be fine with him joining SWORD as an agent. He hasn't done anything street level wise to be interesting and I could see him wanting a purpose. It plays to his strengths more than being a bussinnessman.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-26-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

I know but I'm fine with benching Danny and giving someone else a shot. Granted I'd be fine with him joining SWORD as an agent. He hasn't done anything street level wise to be interesting and I could see him wanting a purpose. It plays to his strengths more than being a bussinnessman.
    Ok. Maybe he can show up in Secret Invasion as a SWORD agent

No. "ANY" can go wrong and sounds like effort is not required and any visibility will do. Good to GREAT Native American visibility is what I want.

This hasn't changed.

I meant that when I read comic books in the 90s, Muslims were regularly portrayed as terrorists in them. You're telling me they're STILL being depicted in the same manner?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I meant that when I read comic books in the 90s, Muslims were regularly portrayed as terrorists in them. You're telling me they're STILL being depicted in the same manner?
    AH okay I was more commenting on movies than comics

AH okay I was more commenting on movies than comics
    Oh yeah the movies still do it. I'm used to it. I just thought the comic books were more "woke" and "progressive" about portraying minorities.

Marvel Legends Disney Plus Wave Pre-Orders are Live
    https://www.thehdroom.com/action-fig...orders-139891/

Ultimately I don't benching Iron Fist to give Blindspot a chance.
    Why does it have to be either/or?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Why does it have to be either/or?
    It doesn't but I'd prioritize giving Blindspot the leg up than rehabilitating Iron Fist.

Danny is a character I wanted to like, but I haven't read anything that count on. He's had solos before but he's never came into his own as a leading man to me. So putting him into an ensemble feels like a better option.

Putting him with SWORD is playing to his strengths. The dude is really good at fighting so him investigating odd occurrences and fighting off the villians feels right to me. You could have him be the POV character for a potential SWORD show. It's a workplace drama with Danny as the lead.

Danny would've been better suited to an urban fantasy tv show like Buffy and Angel. He could fight grounded threats with a Supernatural edge. Guys like Silvermane, the Hood or Timely Pharmaceuticals (Dr. Strange:The Oath).

Here's hoping Disney+ learns from Netflix's mistakes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-28-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Marvel’s Disney+ series get a wave of Marvel Legends action figures from Hasbro
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2021/...s-from-hasbro/

Mighty Member

https://cosmicbook.news/captain-marv...id-brie-larson

I think this is crap by the way. I think people misinterpreted what Brie Larson said. She was calling out the critics that criticized the CM movie who just happened to be white. She said that it was a misrepresentation of the demographics of the United States. I don't think she hates white caucasian fans like myself who enjoyed the movie.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Cosmic book news is full of shit