Page 16 of 775 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Vision hasn't been worth the CGI budget for him lol
    Would Vision cost more then, like, Thanos or Hulk? Granted, I guess his CGI is probably more intricate since you have to work around a human figure like Paul Bettany's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think MCU Clint is much of an everyman though.
    Compared to the other Avengers? Maybe not an everyman compared to Peter Parker, but I don't recall Steve talking about home repair and stepping on legos and thinking up baby names. Couple kids, a pregnant wife, a house on a chunk of land......they were trying to make Clint as everyman as they could.

I'd kind of like to see Gamora come back if only because of how bad an end that was for her and how I feel like the movies could be doing a lot better by her.
    Eh, I have no real emotional attachment to Gamora and haven't found her terribly interesting. She's good in her role as part of the ensemble but she doesn't stand out. If she returns, cool, I got no issue with her or anything. But I think the most interesting thing they can do with Gamora is explore the absence she leaves behind. But that's just me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't think Hawkeye ever got beyond the dude who brought a bow and arrow to a superhero fight. You look at him than you look t everyone else and you scratch your head. Heck even Black Widow does spy and espionage work in non-Avengers films.

Hawkeye is jus lucky he's portrayed by Jeremy Renner who is a very talented and likable actor (well likable to the general populace those who know him might say differently based on some unsubstantiated reports)
    The J-man

Tom Hiddleton tweeted:

Loki.
    More stories to tell.
    More Mischief to make.
    More to come.

Marvel confirmed Loki's streaming service series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Compared to the other Avengers? Maybe not an everyman compared to Peter Parker, but I don't recall Steve talking about home repair and stepping on legos and thinking up baby names. Couple kids, a pregnant wife, a house on a chunk of land......they were trying to make Clint as everyman as they could.
    When you put it that way he definitely sounds like an everyman, moreso then comic Hawkeye's ever been.
    Eh, I have no real emotional attachment to Gamora and haven't found her terribly interesting. She's good in her role as part of the ensemble but she doesn't stand out. If she returns, cool, I got no issue with her or anything. But I think the most interesting thing they can do with Gamora is explore the absence she leaves behind. But that's just me.
    My thing is that I feel like the movies kind of dropped the ball with adapting Gamora and I feel like she deserves a better portrayal or use in the movies then what she had prior to her death, although even bringing her back might not actually get to that anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Tom Hiddleton tweeted:

Loki.
    More stories to tell.
    More Mischief to make.
    More to come.

Marvel confirmed Loki's streaming service series.
    Jamie Alexander also posted an image of Sif the same day...

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this series. I imagine it will probably be set in the past pre-Infinity War, but that does leave them with a lot of avenues to explore and possible characters to use. I'm curious if they could get Chris Hemsworth and Anthony Hopkins back for this.

It would be cool if they used this as a chance to finally fit in the major Thor characters who they never got around to in the movies (Balder, Karnilla, Enchantress). Heck, they could even do a better job of exploring Asgard and the Nine Realms then the Thor movies ever did .

BANNED

It'll be interesting to see what they do with this series. I imagine it will probably be set in the past pre-Infinity War, but that does leave them with a lot of avenues to explore and possible characters to use. I'm curious if they could get Chris Hemsworth and Anthony Hopkins back for this.

It would be cool if they used this as a chance to finally fit in the major Thor characters who they never got around to in the movies (Balder, Karnilla, Enchantress). Heck, they could even do a better job of exploring Asgard and the Nine Realms then the Thor movies ever did .
    Well said, as even I wonder what are the plans for Balder and the Enchantress and even Karnilla and the Norn Stones in the overall MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well said, as even I wonder what are the plans for Balder and the Enchantress and even Karnilla and the Norn Stones in the overall MCU.
    I think Balder was in initial story drafts of Ragnarok, but got cut.

I can't really envision how they could have used him in that movie, unless they made him into a parody character or something ,

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I was thinking Sentry could have been a mutant and he wiped out everyone's powers and memories. That could get convoluted tho.

When you put it that way he definitely sounds like an everyman, moreso then comic Hawkeye's ever been.
    Yeah, I dont think anyone in comics ever pushed Clint as an everyman until Fraction.

But I'm not terribly well versed in Avengers lore so I could definitely be wrong there. Still, the approach ironically made Clint stand out more among his peers.

My thing is that I feel like the movies kind of dropped the ball with adapting Gamora and I feel like she deserves a better portrayal or use in the movies then what she had prior to her death, although even bringing her back might not actually get to that anyways.
    I agree, she's been poorly used and it'd be nice to see her get the treatment the character should have had from the start (like we finally got with Thor in Ragnarok). I'm just saying, thus far the MCU has done a great job of making me not care about Gamora at all, and it wouldn't bother me in the least if she stayed dead.

It'd be nice to see more of Thor's mythos, definitely. I'm really excited about what these miniseries could end up being like, and I love that Fiege is overseeing them directly.

But I gotta say, I have a concern about them too. It's been said that these are going to have hefty budgets, and I fully expect the quality to be there.....but I wonder if the streaming service is going to be successful enough to cover the expense. I mean, all these new streaming services (CBS, DCU, Disney,) aren't going to pull Netflix numbers. They're fragmenting the market here, and I know the MCU is a juggernaut in Hollywood but.....are the subscriptions that certain? It'll do well I'm sure.....but well enough to pay for several shows with movie-esque budgets like they seem to be talking about here?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Would Vision cost more then, like, Thanos or Hulk? Granted, I guess his CGI is probably more intricate since you have to work around a human figure like Paul Bettany's.
    Maybe but Thanos and Hulk are actually worth the money lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Captain Marvel Prelude 1 came out today, and Captain Marvel does not appear in it. Instead, the issue accounts for the whereabouts of Nick Fury and Maria Hill in between Age of Ultron and Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Captain Marvel Prelude 1 came out today, and Captain Marvel does not appear in it. Instead, the issue accounts for the whereabouts of Nick Fury and Maria Hill in between Age of Ultron and Infinity War.
    So it's more of an Infinity War prelude then a Captain Marvel prelude...

Marvel Studios Reveals Official MCU Timeline
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline/

1943-1945 Captain America: The First Avenger
    2010 Iron Man
    2011 Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor
    2012 Avengers, Iron Man 3
    2013 Thor: The Dark World
    2014 Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardian of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
    2015 Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
    2016 Captain America: Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming
    2016-2017 Doctor Strange
    2017 Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, and presumably Ant-Man and Wasp

I have problems with this. Black Panther should be in 2016 right after Civil War. The other three 2017 films should take place in 2018, because it was supposed to be two years after Civil War. Iron Man said he had Thanos in his head since the Battle of New York, so it has to be 2018.