Page 165 of 775 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 11623
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I feel they could've been done a little better .
    They could've stood out more as characters, yeah.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Cross's seething hatred and determination to kill Scott at the end of Ant-Man really endeared him to me.
    Cross seemed to have inherited comic Ultron's obsessive daddy issues in regards to Pym and his cohorts. The scene of him ranting about Hank being a bad father and mentor to Hope and himself in the restaurant. Inviting Pym to his unveiling of the Yellowjacket project and renaming of his company. Cross whole character motivation seemed to be based around sticking it to Hank Pym.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Cross seemed to have inherited comic Ultron's obsessive daddy issues in regards to Pym and his cohorts. The scene of him ranting about Hank being a bad father and mentor to Hope and himself in the restaurant. Inviting Pym to his unveiling of the Yellowjacket project and renaming of his company. Cross whole character motivation seemed to be based around sticking it to Hank Pym.
    Imagine if Ultron had kept more of that in the MCU. I wonder if he'll return at any point.

Also, does anyone know if Ghost is returning?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Cross was such a one dimensional villain who was beaten by a rookie Ant-Man, what would be the point of bringing him back?
    Probably because the director felt like he could do more with the character, specially after the comics actually turned Cross into Yellowjacket for synergy. I recall Peyton Reed actually said he was a fan of the comic that did this (The Astonishing Ant-Man), which is why I'm not surprised he's possibly bringing him back. One of the major plot points of that book was that Darren was thought to be dead, only for them to reveal he was actually being kept alive by his son Augustine. Cassie also had a pretty relevant role in the midst of all that, since Augustine needed her to bring Darren back, and all that eventually led to her becoming Stinger. With Cassie likely getting a bigger role in Quantumania and becoming a hero herself... you can kind of see where Peyton could be going with this. I don't think he's necessarily doing the same story as the comics, but I can see how that inspired some of his choices for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    First Jamie Foxx' Electro, now Yellowjacket, I get the feeling phase four has a recurring theme of bringing forgettable antagonists back.
    I don't really agree with this comparison, because Yellowjacket was at least an actual MCU character. Him coming back is no different than, say, Red Skull appearing in Endgame years after his first movie. It's just a throwback to their own universe, and there's enough adaptable material in the comics to justify that return. Electro is weird because he came from a failed franchise that had nothing to do with the MCU at all. Him being there feels more like throwing a bone to Sony than anything really necessary.

All this speculation over Evangelline tagging Corey Stoll on IG. It could just be that she liked working with him on the first one and tagged him because they are friends and all this speculation was for nothing. Or he is in it but it's a cameo appearance because the film involves time travel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Probably because the director felt like he could do more with the character, specially after the comics actually turned Cross into Yellowjacket for synergy. I recall Peyton Reed actually said he was a fan of the comic that did this (The Astonishing Ant-Man), which is why I'm not surprised he's possibly bringing him back. One of the major plot points of that book was that Darren was thought to be dead, only for them to reveal he was actually being kept alive by his son Augustine. Cassie also had a pretty relevant role in the midst of all that, since Augustine needed her to bring Darren back, and all that eventually led to her becoming Stinger. With Cassie likely getting a bigger role in Quantumania and becoming a hero herself... you can kind of see where Peyton could be going with this. I don't think he's necessarily doing the same story as the comics, but I can see how that inspired some of his choices for the movie.

I don't really agree with this comparison, because Yellowjacket was at least an actual MCU character. Him coming back is no different than, say, Red Skull appearing in Endgame years after his first movie. It's just a throwback to their own universe, and there's enough adaptable material in the comics to justify that return. Electro is weird because he came from a failed franchise that had nothing to do with the MCU at all. Him being there feels more like throwing a bone to Sony than anything really necessary.
    You think Cassie will already be able to change her size, like in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    And Hank's mental instability associated with the Yellowjacket identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think Cassie will already be able to change her size, like in the comics?
    I hope they adapt her Stature look well.

If Vision was still around, Ultron coming back would've been a fun challenge for him.

Unless you wanna do some version of Avengers AI.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Aveng...ad_(Earth-616)

Ironically I liked Hank as a plain clothes Sci fi hero.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-22-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

And Hank's mental instability associated with the Yellowjacket identity.
    Basically they put Hank's and Ultron's qualities into Darren but didn't really do much of anything with it. If this rumor is true, maybe he'll be better

I hope they adapt her Stature look well.
    Yeah, I hope she gets a good first appearance as a superhero. I want her and Scott to grow gigantic more than in the previous movies

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If Vision was still around, Ultron coming back would've been a fun challenge for him.
    If any villain needs a good redo, it's Ultron

Ultimate Member

Also, does anyone know if Ghost is returning?
    Hope so, I love that actress!

Her being 'abandoned' for five years by the Snap's trapping Scott in his mission to get more healing particles to finalize the stabilization of her phasing problem could be a push to turn her back to villainy and put her on a Thunderbolts-style team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Her being 'abandoned' for five years by the Snap's trapping Scott in his mission to get more healing particles to finalize the stabilization of her phasing problem could be a push to turn her back to villainy and put her on a Thunderbolts-style team.
    Unless she was snapped too. Idk if she'd survive 5 years without that help. Anyway, I'd like to see her return. Maybe for Armor Wars

Ultimate Member

Unless she was snapped too. Idk if she'd survive 5 years without that help. Anyway, I'd like to see her return. Maybe for Armor Wars
    Good point. If she also got snapped, she would be at whatever state she was left after Janet 'temporarily' stabilized her. (Although Scott still had bigger things on his mind than hunting her down when she reappeared to give her her 'booster shot' of healing particles, so she could still feel betrayed, and be back to relying on her suit to hold her integrity, which worked for years before the movie, and presumably could be good for years again, post-Janet-treatment.)

Ultimate Member

Good point. If she also got snapped, she would be at whatever state she was left after Janet 'temporarily' stabilized her. (Although Scott still had bigger things on his mind than hunting her down when she reappeared to give her her 'booster shot' of healing particles, so she could still feel betrayed, and be back to relying on her suit to hold her integrity, which worked for years before the movie, and presumably could be good for years again, post-Janet-treatment.)
    Yeah, maybe she'll still be somewhat hostile but not outright villainous.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    All this speculation over Evangelline tagging Corey Stoll on IG. It could just be that she liked working with him on the first one and tagged him because they are friends and all this speculation was for nothing. Or he is in it but it's a cameo appearance because the film involves time travel.
    It could be something as minor as Yinsen from Iron Man 1 making a flashback cameo in 3; a walk across the set, two sentences of dialogue, and that's it. Or just two friends sharing stuff online.

But the random, baseless speculating is still fun.

I absolutely believe that Ghost was set up for a potential Thunderbolts, and will be involved if the group materializes. I dunno if she was Snapped or not; I feel like it kinda depends on where she's used next and which option services that story best.

Kinda surprised Thunderbolts wasn't part of the post-Endgame lineup; the blip seems like it'd have been the perfect time to bring the group in. With so many heroes gone, the government could've filled the void with the Thunderbolts and a film set during the five year timejump would've been able to fill in the blanks on those years while giving the team a dystopian, ruined setting to play in that seems thematically perfect.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-23-2021 at 07:47 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Maybe not enough villains have been built up for Thunderbolts?