Page 167 of 775 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 11623

They never interfered but the sight of them probably inspired some of the myths and world religions that exists today.

At the same time, it's contradictory because while you have Thena and Sersi who may have inspired the mythical Athena and Circe, characters like Thor exists in the MCU and Thor 4 is going to introduce Russel Crow as Zeus. In the comics, the mythical Gilgamesh also exists and teamed up with Hercules. IMO, it undercuts any real influence the Eternals may have had in shaping human history. It just shows how the characters were originally never meant to be part of the MU which might be why the movie is opting for a style that's different from Thor and the Guardians.

Extraordinary Member

They have interfered but not directly like in wars etc..and they interfered or had a more direct influence on earth in the way past but ajak in the trailer said they have not interfered (less direct influence etc..) for many years until now.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    They have interfered but not directly like in wars etc..and they interfered or had a more direct influence on earth in the way past but ajak in the trailer said they have not interfered (less direct influence etc..) for many years until now.
    You were right, it was Ajak and not Sersi who narrated as I mistakenly thought. Yeah, to me it was more like they nudged the rise of human civilization here and there but then stepped back and let history take its course. As for why they didn't intervene against Thanos… well yeah, that's what the movie is about and those who are incredulous about this point will have to wait and see. It could be something like their memories of being Eternals were suppressed (like in the comics); they were put in a deep slumber; they were far away from Earth; or something else.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Where you when Thanos attacked us?"

"Sorry we fell asleep."

Extraordinary Member

Nick the Dreamer quote-
    To be fair, there's a difference between guiding those around you and interfering with those around you. Guiding and helping means they're just living life side by side with them, making suggestions that people can take or ignore (like what the Eternals were doing) while Interfering means being the ones up front and taking command of a situation (like what the Avengers do).
    Last edited by mace11; 05-25-2021 at 02:18 AM.

Marvel Producer Teases Plot Details For Hayley Atwell's What If...? Disney+ Episode
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...f-plot-episode

eh minus the corny joke at the end looks interesting certainly the visuals are impressive from the little bit though showed

I'm not familiar with the Eternals at all, other than knowing they're Marvel's Greek flavored version of the New Gods (Kirby's king even when he copies himself!). But I like the teaser; this kind of high concept science fantasy is right up my alley.

The joke at the end kind of kills the whole "big cosmic going's on" aesthetic, but....Marvel. I was thinking I might skip this in theaters and wait for the blu-ray but if the world isn't on fire by November I just might be dropping a chunk of cash on tickets and over-priced concessions.

And I just found out Dune comes out on my birthday too, which is a great excuse for getting a hotel room for the night with the wife, and escaping the kids for a minute.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I suspect this movie will have an up hill. Maybe right after IW, EG and FFH, we needed a low stakes, more thoughtful, less action oriented movie in order to deflate and serve as a palate cleanser. But now, the audience has waited an entire year with no Marvel content until WV dropped and they've stoked the flames of speculation for the next Spider-Man and Dr Strange, F&TWS has added to the hype. People are anxious to get back to normalcy and to movie theaters and to the familiar sights of CGI explosions, robots and high octane action scenes. They may not want something 'different' but comforting familiarity.

I think a similar thing happened with F&TWS when the pandemic threw off their original plans. I suspect that the Flag Smasher ideology about 'the world being more united during the snap' was based on the rhetoric that some people had during 2020 that the world cannot go back to the way it was pre-pandemic, it may have seen like a cool relevant thing to work into the series but by 2021, it became all too clear that people were all too eager to go back to what was familiar even if 'familiar' isn't always 'good'.

Looking at the original phase 4 slate, BW was the opener, we get to see goodbye to Natasha again, Shang Chi and Eternals serves as a palate cleanser by introducing us to new characters and concepts and then F&TWS and WV brings back familiar faces while bridging the gaps between the shows and the movies.

Ultimate Member

Then why do people complain when things are the same all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Then why do people complain when things are the same all the time?
    I think people complaining are a vocal minority rather than the majority.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I think people complaining are a vocal minority rather than the majority.
    Ok. I have my own complaints, but I try to be consistent.

Mighty Member

So far from what I've seen with the trailers of the upcoming movies, it seems like the aesthetic they're going for is separation. When Tony snapped and brought half the population back into existence, that shattered not just the populous but also the Avengers/Guardians as well. I like how you have Natasha/Yelena off in their own adventure in BW, Shang-Chi is going to be introduced as are the Eternals. Meanwhile Wanda and Vision had their thing going on in Westview and Sam and Bucky were trying to figure their lives out post Endgame. So, I think for a little bit it's going to feel disconnected, but I think after the next slate of films are released next year our heroes will get together again. I think Avengers 5 is not going to be the epic scale that Infinity War/Endgame were and it shouldn't be. I think it'll have a similar feel to Avengers 1.

My order of anticipation for the remainder of MCU projects for this year:

1. Black Widow
    2. Spider-Man: No Way Home
    3. Loki
    4. What If...?
    5. Hawkeye
    6. The Eternals
    7. Shang-Chi
    8. Ms. Marvel

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    My order of anticipation for the remainder of MCU projects for this year: