Page 17 of 775 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1064201552649277441

The official timeline might not be so official after all.

Yeah, I decided to ignore that timeline as soon as I looked at it.

Marvel Studios is making the same mistake that DC Comics make; they're taking a couple minor inconsistencies in their framework, bending over double trying to "fix" it, and just making a bigger, weirder mess in the process.

With few exceptions (like Panther being set right after Civil War and GotG-2 still being in 2014) the movies work just fine being set in the years they actually debuted in.

I do maintain that Doctor Strange must have taken place over the course of several years though. It was said that the patient Strange was looking at when he had his car crash was the Hammer Industries pilot from Iron Man 2, and that fits well with the idea that magic isn't something you can master in a few months.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I decided to ignore that timeline as soon as I looked at it.

Marvel Studios is making the same mistake that DC Comics make; they're taking a couple minor inconsistencies in their framework, bending over double trying to "fix" it, and just making a bigger, weirder mess in the process.

With few exceptions (like Panther being set right after Civil War and GotG-2 still being in 2014) the movies work just fine being set in the years they actually debuted in.

I do maintain that Doctor Strange must have taken place over the course of several years though. It was said that the patient Strange was looking at when he had his car crash was the Hammer Industries pilot from Iron Man 2, and that fits well with the idea that magic isn't something you can master in a few months.
    I think they got around the time issue with Strange by having him practice in with his Astral self, where time moves so much slower.

So, Astral plane + photogenic memory meant he could memorize spells faster than most. So as soon as he started believing, he was a prodigy.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think they got around the time issue with Strange by having him practice in with his Astral self, where time moves so much slower.

So, Astral plane + photogenic memory meant he could memorize spells faster than most. So as soon as he started believing, he was a prodigy.
    They definitely show Strange learning at an incredible rate, once he gets going. But even at his increased speed I'd imagine it would (or should, in my mind) take years for him reach the skill the film ends with.

Besides, it also makes his name drop in Winter Soldier make a little more sense. Look at the kind of person Strange is at the start of his solo film; he's a self-obsessed jackass who refuses to help people unless it improves his reputation. Why would Hydra be so worried about him that Sitwell mentions his name among such obvious threats as Bruce Banner? But if Strange is already training and making impressive headway as a wizard, and also learning to be less of a douchebag, Hydra's concern makes a lot more sense.

I mean, it's not a big deal either way, I just think it makes the sequence of events make a little more sense if Strange takes a few years to master magic. The other guys he's fighting have spent most of their lives studying magic, so the fact that Strange can keep up or surpass them after just a few years is still damn impressive, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So it seems the Viz and Wanda Disney Plus show will be called Vision and the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They definitely show Strange learning at an incredible rate, once he gets going. But even at his increased speed I'd imagine it would (or should, in my mind) take years for him reach the skill the film ends with.

Besides, it also makes his name drop in Winter Soldier make a little more sense. Look at the kind of person Strange is at the start of his solo film; he's a self-obsessed jackass who refuses to help people unless it improves his reputation. Why would Hydra be so worried about him that Sitwell mentions his name among such obvious threats as Bruce Banner? But if Strange is already training and making impressive headway as a wizard, and also learning to be less of a douchebag, Hydra's concern makes a lot more sense.

I mean, it's not a big deal either way, I just think it makes the sequence of events make a little more sense if Strange takes a few years to master magic. The other guys he's fighting have spent most of their lives studying magic, so the fact that Strange can keep up or surpass them after just a few years is still damn impressive, yknow?
    People always forget Sitwell's full quote because they get so excited hearing the known names. Here is the whole quote:

"you, a TV anchor in Cairo, the other Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to Hydra!"

half the list was normal people. the only super heroes on the list were Captain america and Banner.

Strange was just an easter egg for fans. He should be considered in the same list s the tv anchor and highs chool kid. Not the superheroes.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I get that this is being named after a comic book series but given that this was originally headlined as a Scarlet Witch show, isn’t regulating her to the second spot, especially when her code name is alphabetically earlier, a little bit unfair? Shouldn’t it be called Scarlet Witch and the Vision? I don’t mind Vision being involved and I love their romance but the title rubs me the wrong way a little right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I get that this is being named after a comic book series but given that this was originally headlined as a Scarlet Witch show, isn’t regulating her to the second spot, especially when her code name is alphabetically earlier, a little bit unfair? Shouldn’t it be called Scarlet Witch and the Vision? I don’t mind Vision being involved and I love their romance but the title rubs me the wrong way a little right now...
    I doubt it was a slight to Wanda since they were probably just going for the reference to the comic. I imagine they're probably going into the series envisioning both of them as equal co-stars.

Kind of like how Ant-Man and The Wasp was ostensibly headlined by both Ant-Man and Wasp, but I think Wanda will get a better shake then Hope did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt it was a slight to Wanda since they were probably just going for the reference to the comic. I imagine they're probably going into the series envisioning both of them as equal co-stars.

Kind of like how Ant-Man and The Wasp was ostensibly headlined by both Ant-Man and Wasp, but I think Wanda will get a better shake then Hope did.
    i honestly cant believe they are wasting the budget on vision.

I guess Disney sint' playing around with this service.

Basically a full CGI character... i'm just gonna ssume he is going ot be in "human" form a lot of the time.

TBH, this is the least interesting show i've see mentioned. I just don't feel much for either character.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i honestly cant believe they are wasting the budget on vision.

I guess Disney sint' playing around with this service.

Basically a full CGI character... i'm just gonna ssume he is going ot be in "human" form a lot of the time.

TBH, this is the least interesting show i've see mentioned. I just don't feel much for either character.
    Vision is very budget-heavy, but I'm guessing we probably will see him in his human form for the most part.

I guess the question is whether it will be set in-between Civil War and Infinity War or post-Avengers 4 (if they bring back Vision and Wanda).

I'm kind of curious what they'll do plotwise. It's not like they can just throw Grim Reaper in there, or do the Visions plotline with the robot family. If it's set in the interim, it didn't seem like much of note had happened to Vision and Wanda before the Black Order attack.

Incredible Member

Just have Simon Williams as a bad guy in the MCU, obsessed with Wanda then he gets killed and his brother becomes Grim Reaper to get revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Just have Simon Williams as a bad guy in the MCU, obsessed with Wanda then he gets killed and his brother becomes Grim Reaper to get revenge.
    I want to see Simon in the MCU, but not like that .

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think having a villain like the High Evolutionary would make sense, given his connections to Wanda. That or make Agatha Harkness a villain. Save Nathan Fillion’s Wonder Man for the Avengers.

I don't think Wonder Man will ever appear in live action. Warner Brothers will sue Marvel claiming that a Wonder Man character violates their Wonder Woman movie rights.

Astonishing Member

The cynic in me thinks Disney will release the Avengers trailer either right before Aquaman opens or the day of or after.