Page 18 of 775 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I don't think Wonder Man will ever appear in live action. Warner Brothers will sue Marvel claiming that a Wonder Man character violates their Wonder Woman movie rights.
    Alternatively, they give Simon a different name in the comics so this can't happen if the do bring him in the MCU.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Reader View Post
    Just have Simon Williams as a bad guy in the MCU, obsessed with Wanda then he gets killed and his brother becomes Grim Reaper to get revenge.
    That sounds terrible. I mean, is it really necessary to throw Simon under the bus like that just so we can get Grim Reaper? There are better ways to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to see Simon in the MCU, but not like that .
    Same. I'm curious to see how, or if at all, they're gonna follow up on Nathan Fillion being ''cast'' as Simon Williams. Considering that was a Gunn idea that got cut, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets completely scrapped and they decide to give the character a different origin with a different actor in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think having a villain like the High Evolutionary would make sense, given his connections to Wanda. That or make Agatha Harkness a villain. Save Nathan Fillion’s Wonder Man for the Avengers.
    High Evolutionary could be a great villain. I would love for the MCU to adapt something related to Wundagore. Agatha Harkness works better as Wanda's mentor, though. If they take anything from recent comics, I think Emerald Warlock could also be a good option to angatonize Wanda. And let us not forget this is going to be Vision's show too, so it's possible we might see some Ultron-related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I don't think Wonder Man will ever appear in live action. Warner Brothers will sue Marvel claiming that a Wonder Man character violates their Wonder Woman movie rights.
    I don't think they'd have any legal ground to stand on. Wonder-Man and Wonder-Woman are two different titles. You can't claim Wonder-Woman rights are being infringed because of another name that happens to sound similar. If Marvel has the trademark rights to the Wonder-Man name, then there is absolutely nothing that can stop them from using that on any product they want. And even if they don't have the trademark rights, they can still use him on their stories, they just can't put his name on any title or merch. But considering he's had his own comic around a decade ago or so, I think it's safe to say Marvel has or has had the trademark for his name on recent times.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-02-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Last edited by LordUltimus; 12-02-2018 at 03:51 PM.

You know, a sick and twisted part of me wants the trailer to just be the six original Avengers standing there, with no background, and Downy just says "Avengers 4. You've been waiting. Now we finish it. Save the date."

I want nothing in this trailer! No footage! No hints! Just Marvel saying "You all knew this was coming, this is just reminding the casuals what day it happens."

Its crazy how little we know about this movie. I mean, its only what, half a year away and we dont even know what the title is? We know what movies are called years in advance! We see costumes and photos and all kinds of crap during photography a good 18 months before release! And all we got for A4 is what, a photo of RDJ and Evans in retro costumes? One photo. For what is probably gonna be one of the biggest movies ever? The government doesn't have security this good.

Also, Im not believing that report about the trailer hitting. How many times have we heard that in the last month? I'll believe its here once I'm actually watching it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-02-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I want nothing in this trailer! No footage! No hints! Just Marvel saying "You all knew this was coming, this is just reminding the casuals what day it happens."
    That'll break the Internet. All those impatient fans spamming Marvel's YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram accounts will go ballistic and notch it up even further.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

A part of me wished Simon Williams was used instead of Aldrich Killian/Mandarin. Simon was a businessman whose company could not compete with Stark. Simon makes deals with Count Nefaria & Hydra to stay afloat until he gets caught. To avoid jail, Simon get powers that surpasses the Iron Man armor. Naturally, he blames Stark for all this.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    curious. I hope that the character is thoroughly updated for 2020. If they include the black jack tarr character, avoid him saying the ethnic slur he's known for.

Shang's dad being called a different name is fine by me. He won't die at the end of this, of course. I wonder what villains will be used.

Lots of solid action scenes are needed, and a compelling story.

the film doesn't have to be super-high budget, if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That'll break the Internet. All those impatient fans spamming Marvel's YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram accounts will go ballistic and notch it up even further.
    I know.

It could be the beginning of a whole new kind of marketing strategy! The "give them nothing" model. The mystery will just crank up the hype to whole new levels!

Not a character I ever cared much for, but I said the same thing about Ant-Man, the Guardians, and even Captain America and Sr. Strange, and I adore all their films (and read some of their comics now). Shang Chi? Bring it on! We don't have a martial arts MCU movie yet, so why not?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

"Is this the Nova we’ll see in the MCU
    Photo Credit: macwblade1"

https://www.facebook.com/ComicBookRe...type=3&theater

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. I hope that the character is thoroughly updated for 2020. If they include the black jack tarr character, avoid him saying the ethnic slur he's known for.

Shang's dad being called a different name is fine by me. He won't die at the end of this, of course. I wonder what villains will be used.

Lots of solid action scenes are needed, and a compelling story.

the film doesn't have to be super-high budget, if done right.
    My mind goes to Razorfist, Midnight, Bengal, or Cat. Fah Lo Suee would be really good too, maybe for a sequel. I imagine they'll go the Ed Brubaker route and call his father Zheng Zu or whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    A part of me wished Simon Williams was used instead of Aldrich Killian/Mandarin. Simon was a businessman whose company could not compete with Stark. Simon makes deals with Count Nefaria & Hydra to stay afloat until he gets caught. To avoid jail, Simon get powers that surpasses the Iron Man armor. Naturally, he blames Stark for all this.
    I'm fine with him starting out a villain/antagonist so long as you still incorporate his hero turn and make him sympathetic.
    In before someone says this is going to be "Iron Fist done right" .

But it's cool to see Shang finally getting his time to shine, since I've been hoping to see him in the MCU or live-action for a while.

It'll be interesting to see how they go about adapting his story and mythos for a modern audience and who else they'll fit in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    "Is this the Nova we’ll see in the MCU
    Photo Credit: macwblade1"

https://www.facebook.com/ComicBookRe...type=3&theater

This definitely looks like a pretty good Modernization of Nova's design, but I think the chest area could look a little...cooler, I guess?

We've got the continuation of that "Captain Marvel hitting an old lady" scene!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1069785981333557248
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Something is just... missing. IDK, i'll have to have my wife watch it and see if its me or the trailer.

I feel like SLJ carried the trailer.

I could be that I have seen so many super hero and Marvel trailers that it takes something "whoa" to get me going. Like I have been desensitized by awesome.

Or it could be that after riding the high of Thor 3, BP, and then IW, that it is going to take a bit to fall back to baseline so "good" doesn't feel "eh." Thor is my second favorite character. BP is my favorite by far. and IW was IW lol.

I mean, it doesn't really matter. I am no longer the target for these trailers because I wil be there opening weekend regardless lol. It just feels like both trailers are missing that hook to get me really excited.

Her energy form looks great though.

so all thsoe kree are 100% the bad guy now right? way too much forshadowing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    so all thsoe kree are 100% the bad guy now right? way too much forshadowing
    Trailers spoiling is the norm, nowadays. Not just with superhero flicks, either.