Page 181 of 776 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 11637
    Mighty Member

https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-lou-fer...uld-avoid-cgi/

Why is Lou trolling She-Hulk and the MCU? He was in The Incredible Hulk, lest he forgot. I get his point though. He was great in TIH tv series in the 70s and it was amazing how that show worked without CGI. Compared to the movies the shows use less CGI. I think She-Hulk will be able to balance character and effects.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-lou-fer...uld-avoid-cgi/

Why is Lou trolling She-Hulk and the MCU? He was in The Incredible Hulk, lest he forgot. I get his point though. He was great in TIH tv series in the 70s and it was amazing how that show worked without CGI. Compared to the movies the shows use less CGI. I think She-Hulk will be able to balance character and effects.
    Because he is one of those ''back in my day, things were better'' kinda guy. It's not the first time he's expressed dissatisfaction with the way Hulk characters are portrayed in modern films. And honestly? He should just get over it. We're not in the 70s/80s anymore. Hulk is not a character with realistic human proportions, and then there is the fact that you need to convey a drastic physical difference between their human and Hulk form. If there is technology that would make the character look more in line with their comics counterpart, then they should use it. No one would take a green, jacked Mark Ruffalo on stilts seriously today. It would look ridiculous. Same goes for Tatiana Maslany.

I rewatched all 3 trailers and I'm more excited for BW and Shang-Chi over Eternals.

Granted I think I would've preferred both BW and Eternals if they came out before Endgame than after.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rewatched all 3 trailers and I'm more excited for BW and Shang-Chi over Eternals.

Granted I think I would've preferred both BW and Eternals if they came out before Endgame than after.
    BW should've been a movie set between IW and EG IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't disagree.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't disagree.
    It could've shed light on the effects of the Snap, plus it wouldn't be so far back in the timeline.

Ultimate Member

We can only hope that BW does really well, and Marvel wants to greenlight another one. A sequel could certainly cover her time coordinating the world's heroes between the two movies!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    We can only hope that BW does really well, and Marvel wants to greenlight another one. A sequel could certainly cover her time coordinating the world's heroes between the two movies!
    I don't really need another one tbh. BW was never a favorite of mine, although oddly I didn't like her getting killed off.

I don't really need another one tbh. BW was never a favorite of mine, although oddly I didn't like her getting killed off.
    Maybe you just preffered Hawkeye dying instead?

It could've shed light on the effects of the Snap, plus it wouldn't be so far back in the timeline.
    I think it still could've been set before IW, just would've felt more appropriate before Endgame.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe you just preffered Hawkeye dying instead?
    Probably yeah. He's the only MCU hero I can't stand

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it still could've been set before IW, just would've felt more appropriate before Endgame.
    Yeah, between IW and EG is good

Mighty Member

One problem that's always nagged me in regards to the MCU and really it's the only one is Betty Ross. After TIH she drops off the face of the earth and is never heard from again. Why was the character treated like trash? I can understand not being able to figure out where to put Betty in all of the Infinity War stuff, but not even a mention from Bruce as he's developing his relationship with Natasha? Even when Thunderbolt Ross shows up in Civil War, it's like he never had a daughter.

Marvel and Hyundai Team Up for New Tucson Commercial
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-hyundai-tucson-commercial/

That also kinda annoys me....but I can *kinda* see why she's not mentioned again too.

Ross, for one, has no reason to mention his estranged daughter in any of the scenes we see him in. He's either yelling at the Avengers, yelling at Tony, or yelling at Rhodes. Why *would* Betty come up in conversation, yknow? And Ross and Banner haven't spoken on screen since Incredible Hulk.

And I think the last time Betty was at all relevant for Banner was Age of Ultron, where he had become all twisted up with Nat. That whole subplot was pretty awfully handled but a scene where Banner talks about Betty and the pain/danger he put her in would have done a lot to help justify his reluctance with Nat beyond "I can't have sex or kids so what's the point of a relationship?" But once AoU is over, Betty becomes a legit non-issue. By Thor 3 and Infinity War, years have passed since Banner saw Betty and she's not even his most recent ex. And the five year gap in Endgame just puts her even further in the rearview. He never showed any real remorse over losing her, like Steve did with Peggy. He didn't seem to hold back on new relationships because of lingering feelings for Betty. In the MCU, she's just an ex from back in the day and nothing more.

I *would* like some resolution there though. Did Banner ever try to get back to her? Did he look her up during the Endgame time gap? Really, the entire Banner-Ross dynamic needs some clarification now, mostly between Banner and Thunderbolt but I think we could get more insight into Banner's character if we find out how things ended with Betty too; did he ever see her again after fighting Abomination? Did they try to make their relationship work, only to fail and breakup? It doesn't really matter, not any more than, say, Superman's old relationship with Lori Lemaris, but it'd be nice if we got some of the blanks in Banner's journey filled in.

Maybe She-Hulk will shed some light on this. Ruffalo is showing up, we might get a brief conversation about Betty and/or Thunderbolt out of it. You never know.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

They just seem really averse to having Ruffalo directly interact or deal with anything from Norton's movie.

Like, of the issues I have with their progression with MCU Hulk, completely dropping Betty is definitely one of them.