Page 185 of 760 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 11387
    Ultimate Member

Skurge is kind of a minor villain so I wasn't hugely bothered by his portrayal

I prefer a much cooler version of Skurge than what we ended up with in the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I liked Hope, but I didn't like how she was treated in the movies. As for Janet, she definitely got a poor adaptation
    Maybe her treatment in the movies is part of why I'm just not invested in her, but she's got nothing on Jan.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I like Janet being involved in the sciences in the MCU. I just don't like how limited her role is in the movie-verse. And that it cost her the credit of helping form the Avengers, name the Avengers, lead the team, help fund the team. She was so much more important to it in the comics. And all that was erased. Now retroactively in comics they don't really acknowledge all she did for the team. They even gave naming the team to Voyager. *vomits*
    It's not even like Carol being the source of the name mattered at all. It never came up again and was just tacked on.

BANNED

I like Janet being involved in the sciences in the MCU. I just don't like how limited her role is in the movie-verse. And that it cost her the credit of helping form the Avengers, name the Avengers, lead the team, help fund the team. She was so much more important to it in the comics. And all that was erased. Now retroactively in comics they don't really acknowledge all she did for the team. They even gave naming the team to Voyager. *vomits*
    I love that Carol inspired the name Avengers.
    Not because who actually came up with the name matters to me but just because of how much it annoys other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Not because who actually came up with the name matters to me but just because of how much it annoys other people.
    Yeah, I understand the ones that you mean. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of Jan.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Jan should've had Scott's role in Endgame. She was the one who spent all those years in the Quantum Realm and knew all about it after all. And having her whole family snapped after she just got them back after decades is even more tragic than Scott with Cassie. Would've been a good way to honor her place in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jan should've had Scott's role in Endgame. She was the one who spent all those years in the Quantum Realm and knew all about it after all. And having her whole family snapped after she just got them back after decades is even more tragic than Scott with Cassie. Would've been a good way to honor her place in the franchise.
    Yeah that would have been nice!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, if the end of Ant-Man 2 had the others vanish, and Janet be the one left standing and just mutter, 'Guess it's my turn.' and get to work trying to find a way to bring them back, that would have been kind of badass. Instead she got rescued from the quantum realm, and then got snapped away and had to be rescued again, like 5 minutes later.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Loki spoilers: spoilers:
    and now that's one more Young Avenger we can cross off the list with Kid Loki, played by Jack Veal
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

It's like the Cat eye thing but less terrible.

If she was a decent character it would actually be cool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe her treatment in the movies is part of why I'm just not invested in her, but she's got nothing on Jan.
    She isn't much like Jan but I wouldn't really blame Hope for how she was treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's like the Cat eye thing but less terrible.

If she was a decent character it would actually be cool.
    She is a decent character though.

Ha, same. I enjoyed Captain Marvel as much as the next person because Marvel makes enjoyable films, but seeing the fanboy rage backlash to the character made me like her and it 10x more.

Yeah, I understand the ones that you mean. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of Jan.
    I'm not one of those people who complained about Captain Marvel on sight and it still annoyed me.

Like, just from a thematic and character perspective it just didn't work at all for me.
    I don't think there was much of a chance they'd make a plot that hinged on an older woman who was just introduced though, as much as I would've loved seeing Jan in a main role.
    She isn't much like Jan but I wouldn't really blame Hope for how she was treated.
    I wouldn't really either but she's not a character I really enjoy.

Ultimate Member

I'm not one of those people who complained about Captain Marvel on sight and it still annoyed me.

Like, just from a thematic and character perspective it just didn't work at all for me.

I don't think there was much of a chance they'd make a plot that hinged on an older woman who was just introduced though, as much as I would've loved seeing Jan in a main role.

I wouldn't really either but she's not a character I really enjoy.
    Fair enough. Neither her nor Carol are my favorites, but I'd rather see them than Hawkeye, Bucky or Falcon. I just would've liked to see at least one Wasp interact with the Avengers instead of waiting for her dad to let her be a superhero, or come back from the Quantum Realm after 30 years.

Fair enough. Neither her nor Carol are my favorites, but I'd rather see them than Hawkeye, Bucky or Falcon. I just would've liked to see at least one Wasp interact with the Avengers instead of waiting for her dad to let her be a superhero, or come back from the Quantum Realm after 30 years.
    I appreciate all these characters in their own way.

We missed out on seeing Hank and Jan interact with the core Avengers.

Ultimate Member

I appreciate all these characters in their own way.

We missed out on seeing Hank and Jan interact with the core Avengers.
    I would've liked that too. I feel like Jan's fate was symptomatic of early MCU's dismissive attitude towards superheroines.

Plus, I like seeing more variety in superpowers, rather than just flying/running bricks, or even less interesting, just a bunch of kicking. Characters with cool powers, like Scarlet Witch, Vision or Wasp, tend to be underused in the MCU until recently