Page 188 of 775 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 11623

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But those guys already have their own stuff. Why not give a chance to someone who doesn't get their own ongoing?
    Because they're morons who think Jason Aaron's ideas are good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Because they're morons who think Jason Aaron's ideas are good.
    Maybe this'll change when the next writer takes over. I'd like all of those characters to stick around, not just the top 3 or 4 Avengers

Is it that hard to make magic defined? Can't one just give a list of powers to magical characters same as with the others?
    There is a reason that so far, all the magic in the movies has been incredibly simple

With Loki, it was just being invisible, some magic dagges, and simple illusion stuff. Then I guess whammying a weakened odin with a spell that was off camera.

Wanda just did some weird mind stuff, a tiny touch of telepathic stuff, and red shiny telekinesis.

Dr Strange, IN A WHOLE MOVIE ABOUT MAGIC... just used magic to basically create energy weapons. tHe damn sorcerer supreme just created fan blades lol. THen you had some teleportation stuff (that takes an artifcat, thus limiting it).

It wasn't until IW that they let Strange cut loose a bit, because he was fighting a dude with... 4? infinity stones. And the stuff he did pales in comparision to the power he has shown in the comics.

They are slowly creeping a bit with the magic stuff, but it is still pretty simple. Wanda/Agatha added some spells but still just shot energy bolts at each other lol. Loki's show so far is mostly illusions and green energy bolts and some telekinesis.

Magic can get out of hand really fast and then you have a walking plot device you have to explain all the time why you can't do the walking plot device. Wanda being a reality warper in the comics is just a walking plot device... so you either have to push her to the side nad ignore it or set up some artificial limitation on why she cant just fix it
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is a reason that so far, all the magic in the movies has been incredibly simple

With Loki, it was just being invisible, some magic dagges, and simple illusion stuff. Then I guess whammying a weakened odin with a spell that was off camera.

Wanda just did some weird mind stuff, a tiny touch of telepathic stuff, and red shiny telekinesis.

Dr Strange, IN A WHOLE MOVIE ABOUT MAGIC... just used magic to basically create energy weapons. tHe damn sorcerer supreme just created fan blades lol. THen you had some teleportation stuff (that takes an artifcat, thus limiting it).

It wasn't until IW that they let Strange cut loose a bit, because he was fighting a dude with... 4? infinity stones. And the stuff he did pales in comparision to the power he has shown in the comics.

They are slowly creeping a bit with the magic stuff, but it is still pretty simple. Wanda/Agatha added some spells but still just shot energy bolts at each other lol. Loki's show so far is mostly illusions and green energy bolts and some telekinesis.

Magic can get out of hand really fast and then you have a walking plot device you have to explain all the time why you can't do the walking plot device. Wanda being a reality warper in the comics is just a walking plot device... so you either have to push her to the side nad ignore it or set up some artificial limitation on why she cant just fix it
    Tbh, making the magic too basic can get a little boring. I liked seeing Strange's magic in IW.

The problem is partially lack of imagination. Magic can have a middle ground between a few blasts and totally altering reality

Tbh, making the magic too basic can get a little boring. I liked seeing Strange's magic in IW.

The problem is partially lack of imagination. Magic can have a middle ground between a few blasts and totally altering reality
    Oh I agree. Liked the movie, but Dr. Strange was hardly magical, outside of the astral projection type stuff. The Punisher could have killed them all for godsake lol.

There is always a middle ground.

What happens in the comics, with soooooooooooooooo many issues being released constantly, is that all it takes is one writer to push the middle ground more and more towards uber feats, and it is hard to bring it back once that happens.

The movies likely won't have that problem because they release so much more slowly and have one over see'er, but we will see next time DS shows up.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

spider man leaked merch does not fill me with joy

Ultimate Member

Oh I agree. Liked the movie, but Dr. Strange was hardly magical, outside of the astral projection type stuff. The Punisher could have killed them all for godsake lol.

There is always a middle ground.

What happens in the comics, with soooooooooooooooo many issues being released constantly, is that all it takes is one writer to push the middle ground more and more towards uber feats, and it is hard to bring it back once that happens.

The movies likely won't have that problem because they release so much more slowly and have one over see'er, but we will see next time DS shows up.
    Maybe there needs to be some editorial oversight or at least some collaboration between writers to keep things consistent

spider man leaked merch does not fill me with joy
    Why?

Why?
    More gold on the suit because they can't get away from freaking Iron Man.

Ultimate Member

Ok. I didn't mind it but it doesn't scream Spider-Man to me. Which comic is it from?

Yeah, I didn't need to be reminded of the Iron Spider suit. Although I've read a thought that the gold might be to differentiate from the other Spider-Men.

Also, why does Spider-Man need so many costumes? He has 8-9 now that he can still probably use and are just hanging around somewhere. It's like Iron Man and all his armors. I get it for merch but it just doesn't really feel right for the character.

Mighty Member

I like the Spider-Man merch and the connection to IM. I think eventually they'll move away from that connection, but for now it makes sense. MCU Peter just lost his mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I like the Spider-Man merch and the connection to IM. I think eventually they'll move away from that connection, but for now it makes sense. MCU Peter just lost his mentor.
    I hate the whole mentor thing. I thought FFH was going to move past it, but they really didn't do it enough in my opinion.

Granted I'm not sure how much Holland we'll still get so it might be a moot issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I would've liked if they were more like equals, but I like seeing Peter connect with other heroes. Hopefully he'll still meet with other heroes while being more independent in the future

I'm more concerned with Maguire/Garfield nostalgia taking away from Holland's Peter

I would've liked if they were more like equals, but I like seeing Peter connect with other heroes. Hopefully he'll still meet with other heroes while being more independent in the future

I'm more concerned with Maguire/Garfield nostalgia taking away from Holland's Peter
    I'm fine with team-ups, but they went too far with Iron Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with team-ups, but they went too far with Iron Man.
    Except they never actually teamed up in the place. Peter fought the villains all on his own.