Page 191 of 775 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 11619
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    As a Spider-Man fan, I prefer the MCU version. The presence of Tony Stark in the movies and influence on villains has never bothered me. I like seeing Peter as part of a larger world full of heroes.
    I generally agree, although I didn't think the whole "next Iron Man" thing was at all necessary. Rhodey and now Ironheart can fill that role. And I didn't think Mysterio needed to be connected to Iron Man at all either. But I do like seeing him as part of a larger whole, rather than just being the only superhero in his world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...I'm a big DC fan but not sure if I'd prefer something different from the standard.
    Not sure what you mean by standard. I'd just like a cohesive live action DC universe where the focus isn't on just a few heroes.

There's not really much about the MCU version I prefer compared to other versions of Spidey, I even feel like the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon version of Peter stands on his own better within a shared universe, but to each their own.
    In some ways I like the changes made to Aunt May and MJ in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I generally agree, although I didn't think the whole "next Iron Man" thing was at all necessary. Rhodey and now Ironheart can fill that role. And I didn't think Mysterio needed to be connected to Iron Man at all either. But I do like seeing him as part of a larger whole, rather than just being the only superhero in his world.
    I felt spoiled by the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Although the 90's show handled the shared Marvel Universe aspect well enough while focusing mostly on Spidey...
    In some ways I like the changes made to Aunt May and MJ in the MCU.
    Can't say I did, but to each their own.

Ultimate Member

I felt spoiled by the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Although the 90's show handled the shared Marvel Universe aspect well enough while focusing mostly on Spidey...
    I didn't watch those shows so I can't compare. But to me the appeal of the MCU is there isn't too much focus on one hero

Can't say I did, but to each their own.
    I like May not being old and frail, and MJ not just being the "hot girl prize" for the hero. And I liked both knowing who he is early on. I don't like everything about either of them, though

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So James Gunn went on Twitter and straight up said the Marvel shows before WandaVision are not MCU canon. It's not the information that shocks me, 'cause I think we all saw that coming, but the fact that someone who works at Marvel Studios would openly admit that. I wonder what Feige will have to say about this... IF he says anything at all, that is. That man is a master of dodging questions. lol

Extraordinary Member

Love Gunn, but he along with any other creative from the MCU can say whatever they want. My head canon will always say otherwise considering the acknowledgement the shows gave the movies and how good they were (well, with the notable exception of Iron Fist, anyway).

That said, I would be curious as to how Feige and company would interpret The Hand, themselves.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I liked Mysterio's connection to Stark. I thought it worked; it provided all the backstory and motivation Mysterio needed while making him feel like a part of the MCU tapestry and not just a brand new, out-of-the-blue wrinkle. It had a proper, villainous parallel to Peter's own dynamic and history with Stark. It made Peter and Mysterio's conflict more personal. I think it was a very neat and tidy way to bring Mysterio into the MCU. But, especially for people who wanted Parker and his story to stand on their own more, I can see why it'd be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So James Gunn went on Twitter and straight up said the Marvel shows before WandaVision are not MCU canon. It's not the information that shocks me, 'cause I think we all saw that coming, but the fact that someone who works at Marvel Studios would openly admit that. I wonder what Feige will have to say about this... IF he says anything at all, that is. That man is a master of dodging questions. lol
    Well, Gunn isn't the authority on this but yeah, I think we all assumed the old shows were being culled from canon as soon as Disney+ became a thing. And Fiege only ever acknowledged the shows in very minor ways anyway, so its not much of a loss.

Agent Carter is still canon, it seems, so there's that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I didn't watch those shows so I can't compare. But to me the appeal of the MCU is there isn't too much focus on one hero
    Well, aside from their solo movies.
    I like May not being old and frail, and MJ not just being the "hot girl prize" for the hero. And I liked both knowing who he is early on. I don't like everything about either of them, though
    I feel like that's heavily misreading the characters in general and how complex they are, but to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm just wondering if Feige personally told him that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I liked Mysterio's connection to Stark. I thought it worked; it provided all the backstory and motivation Mysterio needed while making him feel like a part of the MCU tapestry and not just a brand new, out-of-the-blue wrinkle. It had a proper, villainous parallel to Peter's own dynamic and history with Stark. It made Peter and Mysterio's conflict more personal. I think it was a very neat and tidy way to bring Mysterio into the MCU. But, especially for people who wanted Parker and his story to stand on their own more, I can see why it'd be annoying.
    I mean, it might have been more forgiveable had they not done the same thing and made Tony Stark responsible for Vulture's motivation too. And, again, it centers so much about a Spider-Man story around Tony Stark.

Ultimate Member

Tbh I think the connection to Stark actually helped Vulture but less so with Mysterio. I didn't hate it but I thought Mysterio could've had a more direct connection to Peter.

Well, aside from their solo movies.

I feel like that's heavily misreading the characters in general and how complex they are, but to each their own.
    I'm aware of how complex they are. That doesn't mean everything ever done with them was perfect. I haven't read all Spider-Man comics so I'll readily admit there maybe something I'm missing. But May being so frail she might die seemed to serve Peter more than herself, which isn't great for her to be her own character. And I'm not a huge fan of the concept of love interests in general for similar reasons. I don't need her to be some stereotypically attractive woman for Peter to fall in love with.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 07-03-2021 at 02:30 PM.

I mean, it might have been more forgiveable had they not done the same thing and made Tony Stark responsible for Vulture's motivation too. And, again, it centers so much about a Spider-Man story around Tony Stark.
    Eh I think with Vulture it's less about Tony specifically and more about class warfare in general. Yes Tony funded Damage Control, or helped design it or whatever, but that's just narrative synergy at work; the real point was that the rich and powerful made a mess and then paid themselves to clean it up while the little guy got screwed. Tony was just the face of that story element, for obvious reasons.

With Mysterio, it was very much about Tony specifically, and the pain he had caused, both real and perceived.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

On another topic, what do you think the Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel shows will be like tone-wise? I'm thinking Hawkeye will be similar to FAWS, more grounded and action, but with a Daredevil-y kind of vibe. Ms. Marvel, I would think more whimsical and fun. Not Shazam kind of fun, but just fun.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel director says any shows before ‘WandaVision’ aren’t MCU canon
    Inhumans Royal Family fans are in total agreement!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    On another topic, what do you think the Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel shows will be like tone-wise? I'm thinking Hawkeye will be similar to FAWS, more grounded and action, but with a Daredevil-y kind of vibe. Ms. Marvel, I would think more whimsical and fun. Not Shazam kind of fun, but just fun.
    Ms Marvel will probably be more teen focused with sci-fi elements. Hawkeye will be more mentor padawan type show.

I'm hoping Clint gets called out for his actions in Endgame

Tbh I think the connection to Stark actually helped Vulture but less so with Mysterio. I didn't hate it but I thought Mysterio could've had a more direct connection to Peter.
    Vulture could probably be forgivable if they didn't repeat it twice.
    I'm aware of how complex they are. That doesn't mean everything ever done with them was perfect. I haven't read all Spider-Man comics so I'll readily admit there maybe something I'm missing. But May being so frail she might die seemed to serve Peter more than herself, which isn't great for her to be her own character. And I'm not a huge fan of the concept of love interests in general for similar reasons. I don't need her to be some stereotypically attractive woman for Peter to fall in love with.
    I mean, but can't those character traits just be part of who they are and inform how they're more complex than they appear on the surface? I mean, that's especially true to Mary Jane...and she wasn't designed as a stereo typically attractive woman just for Peter to fall in love with.
    Eh I think with Vulture it's less about Tony specifically and more about class warfare in general. Yes Tony funded Damage Control, or helped design it or whatever, but that's just narrative synergy at work; the real point was that the rich and powerful made a mess and then paid themselves to clean it up while the little guy got screwed. Tony was just the face of that story element, for obvious reasons.

With Mysterio, it was very much about Tony specifically, and the pain he had caused, both real and perceived.
    I still feel like Tony was way more involved than he had to be.
    Tone-wise I'm hoping Ms. Marvel is on par with the comic. Hawkeye might channel the Fraction run to some extent.

Ultimate Member

Vulture could probably be forgivable if they didn't repeat it twice.
    Ok but how Mysterio retroactively make Vulture look bad?

I mean, but can't those character traits just be part of who they are and inform how they're more complex than they appear on the surface? I mean, that's especially true to Mary Jane...and she wasn't designed as a stereo typically attractive woman just for Peter to fall in love with.
    They can be part of who they are but they're not really traits I miss if they're not there, because I don't think they were that great in the first place. I don't miss Peter's love interest being stereotypically attractive just because she's a love interest. That's an overused cliche IMO. And wasn't that what MJ was designed to be, to some extent?

On another topic, what do you think the Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel shows will be like tone-wise? .
    I figure Hawkeye is gonna be heavy on the Fraction influence, with the more serious Winter Soldier type approach used as a foundation. Hoping we get some flashbacks to Clint's youth, hoping for the circus origin to be used. Figure it'll be somewhat irreverent but more satire than zinger.

Ms. Marvel I think will be more YA-ish, more zany, Iron Man type fun. More like her early comics. Hope the rumors of a totally new origin are false; can't do the terrigen cloud in the MCU (unless some wild stuff happens before the show starts, which is possible) but I don't want them to stray any further than they need to from the source material.

~ Black Panther.