Page 2 of 761 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I finally saw Avengers Infinity War this weekend.

I loved it.

Thank goodness for the MCU, because the comics' side is pretty lousy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Should we get a third Guardians film, or should we just get an Adam Warlock solo movie instead?
    Good question, but I was hoping Adam would show up in Volume 3.

A part of me thinks Matt Smith would be a great Adam Warlock.

Should we get a third Guardians film, or should we just get an Adam Warlock solo movie instead?
    Third GotG film. It'd be a shame not to finish the trilogy. There's plenty of directors out there who could fill Gunn's shoes. Waititi is a super obvious choice now and I'd be fine with him finishing things off.

I just hope they use Gunn's script. I loathe what Disney has done and consider it nothing less than them succumbing to ethical terrorism...but whatever, that ship has sailed and we all have to eat the sh*t pie that Disney made for itself. The least they could do is be smart enough to keep Gunn's draft (and by extension, Batista. I'd hate to lose Drax).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    A part of me thinks Matt Smith would be a great Adam Warlock.

You shut your brilliant, genius mouth! Yes! I need to see the awkward giraffe wielding incalculable cosmic power!!! Geronimo!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I saw Infinity war on Sunday night.

worth the hype.

Y'know, I don't really support how Disney handled things and I would've rather have seen Gunn's vision for Vol. 3 realized...but I wasn't really looking forward to Gunn revamping Adam Warlock.

So bullet dodged maybe ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

You shut your brilliant, genius mouth! Yes! I need to see the awkward giraffe wielding incalculable cosmic power!!! Geronimo!!
    Matt Smith also has natural, Jim Starlin drawn hair.

Matt just needs to hit the gym.

Extraordinary Member

I love the Guardians franchise. I do think vol two was not as great as vol one. I do love the emotional theme of family in both films.

More & more, I don't mind a new vision coming in for that franchise. I think it can go to four films, with a few additional members.

Plus, something needs to be done with Drax. I like that he's off the wall, and probably at least half crazy, but he's supposed to be the destroyer. I was expecting more agency from him during Infinity War (but that film had a crazy large cast).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Plus, something needs to be done with Drax. I like that he's off the wall, and probably at least half crazy, but he's supposed to be the destroyer. I was expecting more agency from him during Infinity War (but that film had a crazy large cast).
    It is a shame he wont have much to do with Thanos' defeat (most likely; that honor certainly will go to bigger stars than Drax, like Cap and Tony).

But I think we could all see that coming with the first GotG. Ronan was scared of Thanos, but able to throw Drax around like a toy. Ergo, Drax was probably always going to be comically out-classed by the Mad Titan. And I've come to sort of appreciate that; MCU Drax isn't the Omega level threat his comic counterpart is and that's okay. It actually makes Drax's mission more interesting when you know that he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of taking Thanos on.

But! they could always give Drax his own "Ragnarok" moment and power him up, at any time and for any plot-induced reason.....so you never know.

That's assuming that Bautista (spelling?) comes back at all. He seems to have taken this whole Gunn situation pretty hard and I could see him walking away, contract or no contract.

And Matt Smith, yeah he'd be a interesting/great choice for Adam. Sure, he'd have to hit the gym but there isn't an actor in Hollywood who doesn't have to do that when they get a Marvel gig. Except maybe Dwayne Johnson, but he's a real life superhero already.

~ Black Panther.

Outside of being able to jump really far, Gunn did a horrible job with Gamor and Drax physically.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I actually think he did a terrible job with Gamora across the board.

Now, I'm no expert on the character. I mostly know her from the DnA Annihilation era, and that mainly through the Nova side of things. But she seemed like she actually warranted the label of "most dangerous woman in the galaxy." I have never gotten that impression from the MCU version.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I actually think he did a terrible job with Gamora across the board.

Now, I'm no expert on the character. I mostly know her from the DnA Annihilation era, and that mainly through the Nova side of things. But she seemed like she actually warranted the label of "most dangerous woman in the galaxy." I have never gotten that impression from the MCU version.
    Gunn does action well when it comes to crazy, CGI, visuals but I think he falters when it comes to the more hand-to-hand or physical action beats, the kind of stuff Drax and Gamora are more well-known for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gunn does action well when it comes to crazy, CGI, visuals but I think he falters when it comes to the more hand-to-hand or physical action beats, the kind of stuff Drax and Gamora are more well-known for.
    I know absolute zero about Drax as far as his comic counterpart goes, but in the movies, he's in my top 5 of favorite characters in the entire MCU. It's a shame Batista caping so hard for that James Gunn dude because I could see Disney replacing the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I know absolute zero about Drax as far as his comic counterpart goes, but in the movies, he's in my top 5 of favorite characters in the entire MCU. It's a shame Batista caping so hard for that James Gunn dude because I could see Disney replacing the character.
    He's gonna F around and end up jobless overall.

It is one thing to support your guy but it is another thing to constantly be a negative nancy about your boss (disney). You can't be NEGATIVE publicity in what i am sure Disney is hoping is one of the biggest movies of all time.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he "dies to be with his family" in Avengers 4. He is becoming a publicity liability.

He's gonna F around and we are gonna end up with Korg being the comedic guardian

SL, Rocket, Groot, Korg, Valkryie lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Last edited by SpiderClops; 09-05-2018 at 09:20 AM.