Page 206 of 776 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 11639

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Vision talking to Ultron at the end is a high point as well

Every time I watch AoU, I like it a bit more. Still think the banner/widow thing was a complete waste of screen time (especially how it was pretty much never mentioned again lol) but other than that, i appreciate it more than I used to.

Ultron looked good in 4K too lol
    Yeah, Vision's conversation with Ultron at the end "saved" the movie for many viewers who didn't like it. I agree with a lot of what you said. Whedon seemed to be able to do a better job of portraying characters like the Hulk, Vision, and even Hawkeye than his MCU successors. I thought the Russo brothers did a MUCH better job with Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Spider-Man, but they sort of made Banner, Vision and Barton a little bit boring after AoU. WandaVision sort of "fixed" Vision a bit, but I concur with your opinion that he was the most interesting to me in Avengers 2. I still liked Hulk in Ragnarok though. I wasn't impressed with his portrayal in the last two Avengers movies at all.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

I have some comments in response to what people are saying. I will use spoiler tags for everything.

spoilers:
    1. I'm surprised people thought this was boring. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and found Loki's journey and character arc to be satisfying. I'm also excited by what this implicates for the future of the MCU and the multiverse and re-contextualizes the ending of Endgame and Far From Home in a much more satisfying way.
    2. In regards to the story not ending, I'm not sure what that means. The main narrative of Loki's journey did end. The overarching story of Phase 4 obviously didn't, but we already knew this was just the beginning, so why would you expect otherwise?
    3. I didn't interpret the ending as time travel, but I could be mistaken. I thought Loki went to another timeline where he hadn't met Mobius yet.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by blunt_eastwood; 07-14-2021 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Correcting spoiler tags

How do you add spoiler tags? I thought it was [SPOILER] but that doesn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    How do you add spoiler tags? I thought it was [SPOILER] but that doesn't seem to work.
    It's [spoil] spoilers:
    Woody Buzz
    end of spoilers

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The only other time the MCU didn't end a story was Infinity War.

They always end the main story while dropping some teases. That is fine.

LIke, WV... I didn't like the ending but the main storyline of Westview or whatever resolved. Then they teased "more" with the Darkhold stuff. I'm cool with it.

With this... the story was the tease.
    That's interesting, for me no MCU plot point truly ended until Endgame.

I mean each story feeds into the next, I mean the first two MCU movies link up directly.

I guess it really depends on what we consider an ending, for me it's when the characters resolve their frustrations (whatever they may be). And nearly all of them were resolved not in their own respective films but in Endgame

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    If alternative timelines/parallel universes are used to "fix" stories in the main timeline/universe too often, then I think time travel/alternative realities COULD be extremely problematic. Bill & Ted, Back to the Future and Quantum Leap were fine to me, but I was never a fan of how comic books handled these wacky concepts. We'll see how Feige deals with them in the future.
    Frankly I'd rather have something wacky than something basic, as long as it makes sense

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, Vision's conversation with Ultron at the end "saved" the movie for many viewers who didn't like it. I agree with a lot of what you said. Whedon seemed to be able to do a better job of portraying characters like the Hulk, Vision, and even Hawkeye than his MCU successors. I thought the Russo brothers did a MUCH better job with Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Spider-Man, but they sort of made Banner, Vision and Barton a little bit boring after AoU. WandaVision sort of "fixed" Vision a bit, but I concur with your opinion that he was the most interesting to me in Avengers 2. I still liked Hulk in Ragnarok though. I wasn't impressed with his portrayal in the last two Avengers movies at all.
    It would be nice to someday get a director who can handle all the characters well. Or Hawkeye at all. I wonder if they'd do that for any potential future team movies/shows, like Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers or YA, if any of that ever actually happens

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    That's interesting, for me no MCU plot point truly ended until Endgame.

I mean each story feeds into the next, I mean the first two MCU movies link up directly.

I guess it really depends on what we consider an ending, for me it's when the characters resolve their frustrations (whatever they may be). And nearly all of them were resolved not in their own respective films but in Endgame
    The main narratives conclude in each film or show, but the overarching narrative of the MCU has no end in sight currently. For instance, Endgame was only the ending of the Infinity Saga, not the entire story of the MCU. This is one of the defining features of the MCU so I'm not sure why people don't get this by now.

‘Loki’ Renewed for Season 2 at Disney+
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...mpression=true

Loki will appear in Doctor Strange 2.
    "What If...?" will have an impact on Doctor Strange 2.

The main narratives conclude in each film or show, but the overarching narrative of the MCU has no end in sight currently. For instance, Endgame was only the ending of the Infinity Saga, not the entire story of the MCU. This is one of the defining features of the MCU so I'm not sure why people don't get this by now.
    Totally agree, the villain is defeated and the character continues until they (and we in turn) get our catharsis.

The MCU will outlive us all and continue and it seems the next major arc is the spoilers:
    Multiversal War
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Totally agree, the villain is defeated and the character continues until they (and we in turn) get our catharsis.

The MCU will outlive us all and continue and it seems the next major arc is the spoilers:
    Multiversal War
    end of spoilers
    So, the MCU has this arc, the alien invasion arc, possibly the Sinister Six, and whatever FaWS/Hawkeye/Armor Wars lead into (might be 2 separate arcs). That's at least 5 separate arcs, and 6 if Love and Thunder leads into something

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So, the MCU has this arc, the alien invasion arc, possibly the Sinister Six, and whatever FaWS/Hawkeye/Armor Wars lead into (might be 2 separate arcs). That's at least 5 separate arcs, and 6 if Love and Thunder leads into something
    Yeah I wonder what the other series will delve into if anything beyond their respective series' because even minor movies like Ant-Man tied into the larger arc tangentially

What main narrative concluded for Loki in LOKI?

That is the problem, that is why I have a problem with this show in particular. It didn't conclude, it stopped in the middle.

Now, if the show was called Sylvie/Enchantress... maybe.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think we’re gonna to be seeing two types of Disney+ shows. Those that have a complete journey and those that have huge implications on the future movies/ projects.

WV did everything it needed to do for the main characters arc’s and pretty much completely finished that plot up. Still, people complained about it’s lack of setup for future MCU projects and the fact that we didn’t get a big villain reveal at the last minute.

Loki gives us that big villain reveal and spends a ton of time setting up future MCU plot lines, but doesn’t work that well as a self-contained story.

Hopefully as time progresses they figure out how to balance the two.

Niffleheim

I've reached a point that I'm just going to stick with the MCU movies and completely ignore the Disney+ shows. I just don't find them satisfying and I don't get the same level of entertainment from them as the movies.