Page 208 of 775 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 11625

So if J. Majors said "Kang" would not be in Loki, he did not lie, as his role was He Who Remains.

But this was a variant of Kang that is gone and he must have been the ONE.

I hope it all ties in well, WV, Dr. Strange 2 and Spiderman

One of the complaints the MCU receives. by cinema snobs and various directors have dumped on hero movies is that it may be too confusing for casual fans, or non-comic fans/readers.

Well this multiverse stuff will confuse even me maybe.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's weird seeing Ant-Man connected to Loki of all things. I actually earlier speculated Kang would connect to WandaVision.
    My guess is that spoilers:
    The TVA is located in the Quantum Realm. They will say that the city we saw in the Quantum Realm that we saw in the first Ant-Man movie is the TVA, and the connection will be that the Kang variants will escape and Ant-Man will have to deal with it. That's why it's called Quantumania.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I don't know if anyone else feels like this. I like the plots of these Disney plus shows. I like the actors, I like the production. But like the Netflix shows I think the pacing sucks. Not as bad as the Netflix shows but to me there is to much drag within these shows. They have a good story but seem to want to drag it out because of filling up the time of an episode. The marvel tv shows that I never felt dragged were AOS and Agent Carter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    EMH I think was the first time he was prominently displayed as an Avenger frequently, although they also adapted how quickly he left the team initially.

I will say the team's powers and abilities are displayed very creatively in the show.
    Ok. I tend to like seeing powers outside of strength/flight/energy beam. I find the secondary Avengers tend to have more variety of powers

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    My guess is that spoilers:
    The TVA is located in the Quantum Realm. They will say that the city we saw in the Quantum Realm that we saw in the first Ant-Man movie is the TVA, and the connection will be that the Kang variants will escape and Ant-Man will have to deal with it. That's why it's called Quantumania.
    end of spoilers
    That's possible. I've heard that speculated a few times

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't know if anyone else feels like this. I like the plots of these Disney plus shows. I like the actors, I like the production. But like the Netflix shows I think the pacing sucks. Not as bad as the Netflix shows but to me there is to much drag within these shows. They have a good story but seem to want to drag it out because of filling up the time of an episode. The marvel tv shows that I never felt dragged were AOS and Agent Carter.
    I think it's because all the shows are about 4.5 hours long, so about two movies worth of material.

I bet in the future an intrepid internet goer will edit out all the fluff and create a 2.5 hour movie for each series

I think the street level stuff is more boring but that's just me. I don't want the MCU to play things too safely with the plot lines.

I think that was the extent of Hawkeye being an interesting character. IMO he otherwise ranges from bland to downright irritating

Maybe if the teams aren't too big it can happen. I wouldn't say it's impossible, just difficult
    Street level stuff is just too violent for me. There is so much gore in that kind of thing. I really like crime stories (but just not in a superhero context). Detectives doing investigations to solve crimes is very interesting. Just like I like espionage thrillers more in the Mission Impossible/James Bond vein, as opposed to comic book adaptations of them. Even the fantasy stuff I consume, don't have anything to do with the comics either. But I DO feel general audiences would relate and understand street level fare MUCH more than what we've been getting from the MCU lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So if J. Majors said "Kang" would not be in Loki, he did not lie, as his role was He Who Remains.

But this was a variant of Kang that is gone and he must have been the ONE.

I hope it all ties in well, WV, Dr. Strange 2 and Spiderman

One of the complaints the MCU receives. by cinema snobs and various directors have dumped on hero movies is that it may be too confusing for casual fans, or non-comic fans/readers.

Well this multiverse stuff will confuse even me maybe.
    I agree with you. Judging by the comments on this thread, basically the only dude besides myself who thinks this time travel/alternate reality stuff could cause BIG problems for the MCU down the line is MindofShadow. These stories can get extremely confusing and convoluted...Just like in the comic books! And that's BESIDES the fact that in ten years time, people will be required to watch literally DOZENS of movies and shows to know what hell is going on. And I can't imagine how much info dumps and exposition there's gonna be in the MCU movies and shows by that point. If they keep using time travel/alternate reality/magic to solve problems in future Marvel Studios stuff, it's gonna lead to LAZY WRITING. Mark my words. Tom Hiddleston, allegedly the main character of Loki, has commented on what HE thinks of the MCU "multiverse":

"As I say, all the kind of multiple alternate realities are…It’s taken me 10 years to get a handle on this sort of mono timeline. The idea that this might be a multiverse is actually beyond my knowledge of physics."

I think Hiddleston, Di Martino and Majors are really intelligent performers. But I don't think they really know what the fuck is going on with these shows (and that's NOT a knock on them. I like the shows and the characters just fine). I'm surprised so many people in this discussion love and embrace where the MCU is going with these kinds of wacky concepts. I don't think a lot of movie and television audiences consume fiction the same way readers of comic books stories do. And I think Feige acknowledges that. I much prefer the more straightforward stuff Marvel Studios gave us in the first three phases. Folks wanna sit back and have a good time and indulge in some goofy escapism for a few hours.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-14-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Street level stuff is just too violent for me. There is so much gore in that kind of thing. I really like crime stories (but just not in a superhero context). Detectives doing investigations to solve crimes is very interesting. Just like I like espionage thrillers more in the Mission Impossible/James Bond vein, as opposed to comic book adaptations of them. Even the fantasy stuff I consume, don't have anything to do with the comics either. But I DO feel general audiences would relate and understand street level fare MUCH more than what we've been getting from the MCU lately.
    Part of the problem though is making things too mundane.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Given what we learned in Loki, I wonder if Marvel Studios is building towards its own version of Hickman’s Incursion Dilemma.

I thought Hawkeye saying: "Ok, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." was pretty funny. But Clint literally hasn't told a SINGLE joke since then!!!
    I didn't find that line very amusing. But what you wrote is totally untrue. Every single line Hawkeye had in Civil War was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I didn't find that line very amusing. But what you wrote is totally untrue. Every single line Hawkeye had in Civil War was a joke.
    It was fine with me. The only funny thing I remember Clint saying in the movies. The only line I recall Hawkeye saying that could be constituted as a joke (to me) in Civil War was "Depends on how hard you hit me." after Natasha asked him if they were still friends. I didn't find Hawkeye to be particularly funny after AoU (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-14-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Ok. I tend to like seeing powers outside of strength/flight/energy beam. I find the secondary Avengers tend to have more variety of powers
    It's all in the execution.

Like, the New Avengers in Avengers: Secret Wars had a lot of dynamic powersets but were nowhere near as interesting or cool as a team compared to EMH in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think it's because all the shows are about 4.5 hours long, so about two movies worth of material.

I bet in the future an intrepid internet goer will edit out all the fluff and create a 2.5 hour movie for each series
    Around 6 hours or more.
    So that will be 3 movies or more.
    Loki so far will be more then 3 movies if you add season 2.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-15-2021 at 12:26 AM.

IThe only line I recall Hawkeye saying that could be constituted as a joke (to me) in Civil War was "Depends on how hard you hit me." after Natasha asked him if they were still friends. I didn't find Hawkeye to be particularly funny after AoU (in my opinion).
    Nearly every line Clint has in Civil War is a "funny" quip

I knew I should have stretched.
    Oh my god. What are you doing here?"
    "Disappointing my kids. I'm supposed to go water skiing.
    Clint! You should not be here."
    "Really? I retired for, what, like 5 minutes? And it all goes to shit."
    "Please consider the consequences of your actions."
    "Okay, they're considered.
    I've caused enough problems."
    "C'mon, you gotta help me, Wanda. You wanna mope, go to high school. You wanna make amends, then you get off your ass.
    Hey, Clint."
    "Hey, man."
    "Clearly retirement doesn't suit you. Got tired of shooting golf?"
    "Well, I played 18, shot 18...Just can't seem to miss."
    "Well, first time for everything."
    "Made you look.
    You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it.
    (this one is obviously dark humor)

None of these lines made me laugh of course, but they are just as much of a joke as the one in Age of Ultron. The funniest moment I can recall with Hawkeye is that moment where he aims his bow at Quicksilver as he runs away during the Sokovia climax and Clint says "nobody would know".

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Netflix was MUCH worse about dragging stuff out. THe 12? issue seasons did it no favors. Even the first Punisher season when was either 6 or 9 still had moments of slowness.

The 6 episode format is MUCH better but yeah... they still could be cut down to 4 hours easy.

Take the Void Loki episode for instance. The "here are a bunch of lokis!" ended up just being kinda a waste of time. Did it really add much to the plot? Not really, it was fanboy fluff type stuff. Entertaining fanboy fluff to an extent (classic loki was cool) but "oh look an alligator" isn't terrible riveting stuff lol.

My wife actually missed two whole episodes (2 and 3 I think) and was able to figure out exactly what was going on just based on the recap in the beginning.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html