Page 211 of 776 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 11627
    Ultimate Member

I don't think Onslaught is the greatest idea.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    When was Secret Invasion Set up at the end of Wandavision? I totally missed that.
    A skrull told Monica that "he" wants to speak with him (He = fury)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

We know phases 4 and 5 are going to be pretty short ones right? 4 ends in 2023 I think, making it the shortest phase yet.

So I figure phase 4 is going to set up the multiverse (which we're already seeing, obviously) and phase 5 will show the multiverse boiling towards conflict and a second multiverse war, with phase 6 building into incursions and an adaptation of Secret War (leaning heavily on Hickman's Avengers run but using Kang instead of Doom).

That would make Kang the multi-phase Big Bad of...whatever this new saga ends up being called (the Incursion saga?), which mirrors how Thanos was the multi-phase Big Bad for the first three phases. That's my guess; each Big Bad gets three phases.

We're already seeing (what appears to be) the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers form up, and the pieces are being put in place for the Champions/Young Avengers. I think we'll see the Thunderbolts fully formed and active in phase 4, the Champions fully formed in phase 5, and both teams will try to stop the Kang threat and fail; leading to the big finale in phase 6 where the 'Bolts earn redemption for their failure and the Champions earn the right to fully and truly replace the Avengers.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-17-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

How does the whole Kree/Skrull thing fit into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's a subplot that would drive a wedge between the heroes like Civil War. The main problem is the Skrulls are too sympathetic and the Kree are more one note baddies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a subplot that would drive a wedge between the heroes like Civil War. The main problem is the Skrulls are too sympathetic and the Kree are more one note baddies.
    There can easily be evil Skrulls though.

We'll probably get evil Skrulls in Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    My guess? Captain Marvel 2/The Marvels will have Carol team up with Monica and Kamala to finish Carol's war against the Supreme Intelligence. They'll fight some Kree Sentries, maybe Yon-Rogg will return, and in the end they'll destroy the Supreme Intelligence and "free" the Kree from the AI's influence, hurling the Kree Empire into chaos.

But in the end, Carol and co. will discover someone is a Skrull sleeper agent working for Veranke's faction of evil Skrulls. It'll be a big "oh sh*t!" moment and throw everything Carol thought she knew into question.

We'll probably also meet Mar-Vell's half-Skrull son too, further setting up Young Avengers (though I suspect the MCU version of Hulkling might include elements of Genis too).

That will make the Kree-Skrull conflict more complex. We'll learn that not all Skrulls are as nice as the ones who work for Talos, and that the Kree weren't totally wrong to fear a Skrull invasion. And Carol will have left the Kree Empire in ruins, inadvertently destroying the one major obstacle standing in Veranke's way.

That will set up the Secret Invasion show, where Fury and Monica attempt to hunt down the Skrull agents on earth. The show will end with SWORD earning a few minor wins, but the shadowy threat of Veranke's Skrulls will still be hanging over everyone's heads. For the next few years, the question of who's secretly a Skrull spy will be a subplot that'll pop up in various places in the MCU and drive the next big divide in the hero community as paranoia festers and pushes everyone apart.

Then, not long before the end of phase 6, Captain Marvel 3 will come out. That film will see Veranke make her big play for earth and Carol will lead the charge against her. It'll be a big Civil War style, mini-Avengers event where lots of heroes show up. Carol will fight some Super Skrulls, wrestle with the fact that her war against the Kree made all this possible, and in the end Carol will win the day and defeat Veranke....but the damage will have been done; earth's defenses will be weakened, the Kree and Skrulls both will be in chaos with their Empires in shambles, and Kang (in a big Avengers style film that'll come out the following year or so) will pick that moment to make his big strike and cement his control over time.

Given how powerful Carol is, putting her up against a threat she can't just punch seems a great way to control her narrative; she can fight some Super Skrulls or Kree Sentries, but the "real" threat will be much more subtle and harder to defeat. It's the kind of conflict that renders Carol's raw power moot; unless she can find Vernake and her agents it doesn't matter how powerful she is, yknow?

That's my guess, anyway. Looking at release dates, its possible Secret Invasion will come out before The Marvels, but I think the overall story could play out something like I imagine here.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Given how powerful Carol is, putting her up against a threat she can't just punch seems a great way to control her narrative; she can fight some Super Skrulls or Kree Sentries, but the "real" threat will be much more subtle and harder to defeat. It's the kind of conflict that renders Carol's raw power moot; unless she can find Vernake and her agents it doesn't matter how powerful she is, yknow?
    That makes sense. As well, the skrull masterminds like Veranke can have lots of unknowing humans working for the various agencies and organizations they've subverted, so that someone with Carol's power can't just go in blasting as the vast majority of the people working for them are unsuspecting humans who have no idea the CEO secretly has a bumpy chin.

I feel like Carol will be fighting more Kree than Skrulls unless she dealt with the Supreme Intelligence off-screen, while Fury is the one dealing with Skrulls.

It will be interesting to see how they balance out how powerful she is in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Carol will be fighting more Kree than Skrulls unless she dealt with the Supreme Intelligence off-screen, while Fury is the one dealing with Skrulls.

It will be interesting to see how they balance out how powerful she is in the movies.
    And with as powerful as she is, you have to make Spectrum and Kamala useful somehow.

This is the "superman" problem all over again.

They pretty much nerf Thor everytime he comes to Earth... but Carol was still in pure Superman mode in End Game so they obviously aren't doing that.

Probably going to give whoever the villain is the Nega-Bands or something
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And with as powerful as she is, you have to make Spectrum and Kamala useful somehow.
    Same problem any Avengers film has. You solve it by giving everyone a specific task tailored to their skillset and powers; Carol punches the Big Bad (Kree Sentry, Super Skrull, whoever) while Kamala fights the minions and saves innocent bystanders, and Monica disrupts the doomsday cosmic machine thingy. Easy enough.

There's plenty of things you can use as a physical threat for Carol; Sentries, Super Skrulls, Korvac, Adam Warlock, that Summers brother who's name I forget. Celestials, maybe the Shi'ar and/or Eternals. Hell just bring back Annette Bening as the Mar-Vell from the Cancerverse (use the nega bands for a powerup, if being an immortal necro-thing isn't enough of a boost). And Carol's pretty easy to challenge even if you can't punch as hard as her; attack on multiple fronts, use an endless horde of minions, use innocents (like Sutekh suggested), manipulation and lies, psychic attacks, go after her loved ones.....lots of ways to get around her powers and hurt her.

But I think with Carol, her story really isn't about the external threat at all. I mean, the villains in the MCU are all just reflections of the hero's inner struggle anyway, but with Carol it really is *all* about her own internal dialogue and overcoming her own demons; beating up the bad guy is just the victory lap she takes after getting over her issues.

This is where I think they're going with her; the Kree/Skrull situation will prove to not be as clean-cut as she thought, forcing her to question her actions and wonder how badly she screwed things up and how many innocent people died because of her. Both factions have some heavy hitters that can take a punch from Captain Marvel, both have ways to challenge her beyond raw physical ability, and the conflict between the two races can become extremely muddled to the point where there isn't a "good" side and a "bad" side, which makes deciding who to punch harder.

Huh. Wonder if we'll see her start drinking?
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-17-2021 at 02:30 PM.

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I think if writers are imaginative, being op isn't really as much of a problem. It's just every problem is reduced to "punch" so then being op becomes a "problem"

take power match-ups, for instance. Carol can't as easily fight someone who becomes invisible, or intangible, or has powerful psychic abilities. None of that requires her to be nerfed

Or maybe the specific situation means she can't just punch the enemy to death, like trying to save hostages on an alien ship, for example

Extraordinary Member

Y'all damn well know you would see this movie...

Throg.jpg

Not mine...came across my feed on faceyspaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Y'all damn well know you would see this movie...
    I'd pre-order my tickets the very minute it was available.

And buy the most expensive steel-box blu-ray set I could find.

My daughter would need *all* the Throg toys. My son would want all the t-shirts. My wife would get the tattoo.

~ Black Panther.