Page 212 of 773 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 11594

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And with as powerful as she is, you have to make Spectrum and Kamala useful somehow.

This is the "superman" problem all over again.

They pretty much nerf Thor everytime he comes to Earth... but Carol was still in pure Superman mode in End Game so they obviously aren't doing that.

Probably going to give whoever the villain is the Nega-Bands or something
    I think the rumor is they give Kamala the Nega-Bands instead of her normal powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Same problem any Avengers film has. You solve it by giving everyone a specific task tailored to their skillset and powers; Carol punches the Big Bad (Kree Sentry, Super Skrull, whoever) while Kamala fights the minions and saves innocent bystanders, and Monica disrupts the doomsday cosmic machine thingy. Easy enough.

There's plenty of things you can use as a physical threat for Carol; Sentries, Super Skrulls, Korvac, Adam Warlock, that Summers brother who's name I forget. Celestials, maybe the Shi'ar and/or Eternals. Hell just bring back Annette Bening as the Mar-Vell from the Cancerverse (use the nega bands for a powerup, if being an immortal necro-thing isn't enough of a boost). And Carol's pretty easy to challenge even if you can't punch as hard as her; attack on multiple fronts, use an endless horde of minions, use innocents (like Sutekh suggested), manipulation and lies, psychic attacks, go after her loved ones.....lots of ways to get around her powers and hurt her.

But I think with Carol, her story really isn't about the external threat at all. I mean, the villains in the MCU are all just reflections of the hero's inner struggle anyway, but with Carol it really is *all* about her own internal dialogue and overcoming her own demons; beating up the bad guy is just the victory lap she takes after getting over her issues.

This is where I think they're going with her; the Kree/Skrull situation will prove to not be as clean-cut as she thought, forcing her to question her actions and wonder how badly she screwed things up and how many innocent people died because of her. Both factions have some heavy hitters that can take a punch from Captain Marvel, both have ways to challenge her beyond raw physical ability, and the conflict between the two races can become extremely muddled to the point where there isn't a "good" side and a "bad" side, which makes deciding who to punch harder.

Huh. Wonder if we'll see her start drinking?
    I don't see the MCU adapting her drinking problem any more than they adapted Tony's (and frankly with the way they're promoting her makes it even less likely), but I think we will see some of her emotional issues given the sense in WandaVision that she may have never bothered to be there for Monica after Maria died. That and the fact that who knows whether any of the Danvers family is still around on Earth after Carol left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We know phases 4 and 5 are going to be pretty short ones right? 4 ends in 2023 I think, making it the shortest phase yet.

So I figure phase 4 is going to set up the multiverse (which we're already seeing, obviously) and phase 5 will show the multiverse boiling towards conflict and a second multiverse war, with phase 6 building into incursions and an adaptation of Secret War (leaning heavily on Hickman's Avengers run but using Kang instead of Doom).

That would make Kang the multi-phase Big Bad of...whatever this new saga ends up being called (the Incursion saga?), which mirrors how Thanos was the multi-phase Big Bad for the first three phases. That's my guess; each Big Bad gets three phases.

We're already seeing (what appears to be) the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers form up, and the pieces are being put in place for the Champions/Young Avengers. I think we'll see the Thunderbolts fully formed and active in phase 4, the Champions fully formed in phase 5, and both teams will try to stop the Kang threat and fail; leading to the big finale in phase 6 where the 'Bolts earn redemption for their failure and the Champions earn the right to fully and truly replace the Avengers.
    Actually, I think they are going to do a quasi Dark Reign adaptation. Val succeeds in discrediting Carol plus the Avengers and Secret Invasion leads into the Thunderbolts swooping in and stealing the spotlight and becoming the bigger, more popular team within the MCU. With the adults discredited, its up to the 'Young Avengers' and the Fantastic Four to step up to the plate, likely to deal with the coming Multiverse war. Some of the Thunderbolts actually end up liking being heroes while some of the villains become way worse with their new found fame and fortune.

I think Kang will be the villain for Phase 4 and 5, while Dr Doom will be introduced in Phase 5 and will rise to being the main villain from phase 6-7 before ultimately sacrificing himself to redeem himself. From phase 5 onwards they should have the X-Men so that gives them Magneto, Mr Sinister and Apocalypse and the FF also means they have Galactus. There is also no telling which non A-list villain or antagonist will end up becoming a popular fan favorite.

Ultimate Member

I hope the F4 isn't too prominent in these events though. I'd rather see more of the newer and younger Avengers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Not pre-flash point.
    The most powerful god of dc was the writer.
    Grant Morrison is the author, and is thus technically omnipotent and omniscient in the comic book universe. While being written by other authors, he has displayed an awareness of his own fictional nature, access to the physical script for the issue allowing a limited prescience, and a reality manipulation ability that allows him to cause anything to happen once he has written it into the script.
    Getting back to this real quick.
    The dc writer thing was not even canon pre-flashpoint and there is more talk about this here below.

From DC Comics, The Writer
    VS Battles is less reliable for higher tiers self.CharacterRant
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRa..._higher_tiers/

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hope the F4 isn't too prominent in these events though. I'd rather see more of the newer and younger Avengers
    I think the FF will be as prominent as they tend to be in events, contributing to the battles and science.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the FF will be as prominent as they tend to be in events, contributing to the battles and science.
    That's more than I'd like. I'd prefer if they did their own thing

That's more than I'd like. I'd prefer if they did their own thing
    Isn't science and exploration they're thing?

Ultimate Member

Isn't science and exploration they're thing?
    Yeah, but I mean being too central to the main narrative.

Yeah, but I mean being too central to the main narrative.
    If it ends up being relevant to the main narrative I think it's fine, so long as it makes sense, but we'll have to see.

Ultimate Member

If it ends up being relevant to the main narrative I think it's fine, so long as it makes sense, but we'll have to see.
    Ok. I'm just not a F4 fan whatsoever so I'm not excited at all by the prospect of them saving the day. Like I said, I want the newer characters to get the attention

I think the rumor is they give Kamala the Nega-Bands instead of her normal powers.
    Gods I hope not. I've heard that rumor too and I hope it's just some idiot spewing random crap.

I know the Inhumans are a sore spot with the MCU and they were always Ike's pet project and not Fiege's but if you're gonna change Kamala around that much....why bother using her at all? Say she's a mutant if you refuse to use the Inhumans.

I don't see the MCU adapting her drinking problem any more than they adapted Tony's (and frankly with the way they're promoting her makes it even less likely)
    Agreed, it does seems highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Actually, I think they are going to do a quasi Dark Reign adaptation. Val succeeds in discrediting Carol plus the Avengers and Secret Invasion leads into the Thunderbolts swooping in and stealing the spotlight and becoming the bigger, more popular team within the MCU. With the adults discredited, its up to the 'Young Avengers' and the Fantastic Four to step up to the plate, likely to deal with the coming Multiverse war. Some of the Thunderbolts actually end up liking being heroes while some of the villains become way worse with their new found fame and fortune.

I think Kang will be the villain for Phase 4 and 5, while Dr Doom will be introduced in Phase 5 and will rise to being the main villain from phase 6-7 before ultimately sacrificing himself to redeem himself. From phase 5 onwards they should have the X-Men so that gives them Magneto, Mr Sinister and Apocalypse and the FF also means they have Galactus. There is also no telling which non A-list villain or antagonist will end up becoming a popular fan favorite.
    Yeah, could be. That'd make sense.

I definitely see the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers getting into the spotlight as the world's premier team before a fall from grace.

I feel like we're headed for incursions, but I'm less sure about the role Doom might play in it. I wonder if there might not be a classic Kang tale that could be woven into/around Secret War that might capitalize on Kang and the multiverse in a cleaner, more direct way than a sudden shift to Doom.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, Kang works better in this context than Doom IMO

Ok. I'm just not a F4 fan whatsoever so I'm not excited at all by the prospect of them saving the day. Like I said, I want the newer characters to get the attention
    Maybe the new movie versions will win you over ?
    Honestly, Kang works better in this context than Doom IMO
    Doom versus Kang?

Ultimate Member

Maybe the new movie versions will win you over ?
    Maybe. I like the idea of science and exploration, and would like to see more of it comics, but these specific characters bore or annoy me, and aren't at all dynamic or diverse. I'm literally looking forward to every other new MCU hero over them

Doom versus Kang?
    I meant Kang would work better as the guy behind a multiversal event. But maybe they'll fight each other

Maybe. I like the idea of science and exploration, and would like to see more of it comics, but these specific characters bore or annoy me, and aren't at all dynamic or diverse. I'm literally looking forward to every other new MCU hero over them
    As an FF fan, I want to see them done justice .

I mean, I'd say Ben and Johnny are especially dynamic, if nothing else...
    I meant Kang would work better as the guy behind a multiversal event. But maybe they'll fight each other
    Doom bows to no one.