Page 216 of 775 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 11622

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hasn't Doom outgrown F4 to some extent?

I haven't followed Future Foundation, but does it actually fix some of the problems with F4?
    Doom and FF are like bread and butter. Yes they can function without one another but they go great together. The recent Secret Wars at its heart is a Doom vs Reed story (an oversimplication but still). They don't even need to be enemies. There have been instances that they team up one of which was during Hickman's Future Foundation. Future Foundation doesn't necessarily fix the FF (I don't think there are any problems to begin with but that's just me) but it expands it. It's no longer 4 people but people from different backgrounds coming together to expand the boundries of science and solve the problems world is facing.

The ones that takes up my thoughts the most is the upcoming FF movie. I read mostly DC and Spider-Man until I read 'This Man, This Monster' and it had such a profound impact on me that it lead me to pick up the then-recent Mark Waid run which I read over and over again. I own several digest collections of the original Lee/Kirby stories. Not only does the FF do drama well they are able to marry it well with complicated, complex sci fi concepts. I really hope Marvel nails the landing on the FF and Dr Doom. I swear, they could offer me the opportunity to bring coffee for the FF stars for this movie and I would literally fly over to wherever they are to shoot it.

After that, No Way Home (but more nervous trepidation than excitement, same with Wakanda Forever), Armor Wars because it's about time Rhodey got his spotlight and I want to see what role Sharon Carter has in it (I want more Revenge!Sharon), Iron Heart (just to see how they do her origin), Hawkeye (mostly for Kate Bishop and Echo), Shang Chi and Moon Knight. I'll reserve judgement on Dr Strange 2 until I see a trailer. I need to see more of Eternals as well to really make a call on whether I'm going to be excited for it or not. Same goes for She Hulk.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    She Hulk and Thunderbolts are one of the series i am looking foward to alongside Armor wars and ironheart. Maybe hawkeye too.
    I'd put Armor Wars and maybe Secret Invastion at the top, and Hawkeye at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Doom and FF are like bread and butter. Yes they can function without one another but they go great together. The recent Secret Wars at its heart is a Doom vs Reed story (an oversimplication but still). They don't even need to be enemies. There have been instances that they team up one of which was during Hickman's Future Foundation. Future Foundation doesn't necessarily fix the FF (I don't think there are any problems to begin with but that's just me) but it expands it. It's no longer 4 people but people from different backgrounds coming together to expand the boundries of science and solve the problems world is facing.
    Well, at least that means they evolved. But the problems I'm referring to are how the dynamic seems to mostly support Reed, especially at Sue's expense, which always bothered me.

How diverse is Future Foundation?

Well, at least that means they evolved. But the problems I'm referring to are how the dynamic seems to mostly support Reed, especially at Sue's expense, which always bothered me.
    Sue's had her moments with Doom in my opinion.
    How diverse is Future Foundation?
    Decently?

I mean, I don't like comic F4 all that much.

But I also don't read comic Black Widow and like the MCU version. I really kinda actively dislike comic hawkeye and liked his MCU version. Ant-man was cool and I don't read his comics.

So, I am not all that worried baout F4 being adapted just like I didn't worry too much about the others.

Except Eternals. BEcause that shit looks boring lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sue's had her moments with Doom in my opinion.
    Ok. I guess I haven't seen that. I always found Sue to lack any kind of drive as a character. At least Reed cares about science.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Decently?
    Oh. Well, I guess that's something. But not really enough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, I don't like comic F4 all that much.

But I also don't read comic Black Widow and like the MCU version. I really kinda actively dislike comic hawkeye and liked his MCU version. Ant-man was cool and I don't read his comics.

So, I am not all that worried baout F4 being adapted just like I didn't worry too much about the others.

Except Eternals. BEcause that shit looks boring lol
    I can't say I'm huge on either version of Black Widow. But why do you like MCU Hawkeye? He's about as bland as it gets

Why does Eternals look boring?

Niffleheim

I can't say I'm huge on either version of Black Widow. But why do you like MCU Hawkeye? He's about as bland as it gets
    He is bland but at least he has a bow and arrow and they are adapting Fraction run so I want to see that.

Why does Eternals look boring?
    So far Eternals looks as lifeless as a painting in a museum as any other Indie movie.

Mission Impossible/James Bond style stuff works in a more "realistic world." But in Marvel, I'd like to see a superhero with actual superpowers, like shapeshifting or invisibility

I don't really think they should make the shows too simplistic. I didn't have trouble following Loki, and "dumbing down" anything for kids isn't usually a good idea.

Hasn't Doom outgrown F4 to some extent?

I haven't followed Future Foundation, but does it actually fix some of the problems with F4?
    The show wasn't too complicated. The writers did a pretty good job of explaining things. Surprisingly so. But I'm used to Doctor Who/Quantum Leap type shows. I DO know folks that were really confused about Nexus Events, variants, and branching timelines, however. There's no need to dumb down things. But there was a great German architect named Ludwig Mies van der Rohe who coined the phrase "Less is more." I think storytelling should be like that. And I don't think Marvel Studios should have to satisfy the "nerd/geek" community by making things so complicated and convoluted just because they are that way in the comic books. If anything, I think Feige and his team should IGNORE a lot of their lousy and unrealistic suggestions. There is a reason why James Gunn held some "comic-book writers and toy people" in contempt for interfering with his movies. They have no idea how different the live-action stuff is from the comic books and cartoons. I like it when the films/shows diverge from the source material. I'll ALWAYS like it when they do that. My issue with the Eternals is this: There are too MANY characters on that team.

By the way, I thought She-Hulk was your most anticipated project!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-20-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Garfield's post Amazing Spider-Man career has been pretty solid in my opinion. Not every actor is into doing big budget tentpole franchise stuff.

Hacksaw Ridge, Under The Silver Lake, Martin Scorsese's Silence, Gia Coppola's Mainstream and some theatre productions of stuff like Angels In America. Garfield has given different interesting performances in each of these projects.

Garfield was nominated for an Academy Award, Golden Globe and SAG for his role in Hacksaw Ridge. He was nominated Laurence Olivier Award and Tony for his role in Angels In America.
    You're kidding! I didn't know Garfield was so prolific. I always thought he was pretty talented and did a good job in the Social Network. But I do think he's most well-known by the general public for his portrayal of Peter Parker, and I think that role has cast a shadow on his career for viewers such as myself. Don't take away from Holland in his own movie, but I think it's okay to give Garfield's Spider-Man some closure.

Eternals didn't really have a fun Teaser so I could see why people weren't interested.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    He is bland but at least he has a bow and arrow and they are adapting Fraction run so I want to see that.
    The bow and arrow thing makes him look a bit dumb to me. Maybe his show will improve on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    So far Eternals looks as lifeless as a painting in a museum as any other Indie movie.
    That's basically the reverse of every criticism levelled at blockbuster movies like the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The show wasn't too complicated. The writers did a pretty good job of explaining things. Surprisingly so. But I'm used to Doctor Who/Quantum Leap type shows. I DO know folks that were really confused about Nexus Events, variants, and branching timelines, however. There's no need to dumb down things. But there was a great German architect named Ludwig Mies van der Rohe who coined the phrase "Less is more." I think storytelling should be like that. My issue with the Eternals is this: There are too MANY characters on that team.

By the way, I thought She-Hulk was your most anticipated project!
    Whoa, did I say that? Sorry. That's not the case. While I want to see it, I'd still probably rank Armor Wars & What If? above it in terms of shows already announced. Secret Invasion I'm not sure about because so far no actual superheroes have been announced for it.

I think most of the Eternals probably won't last past one movie, so I don't think they need to be too fleshed out. Just enough to make them into distinct characters.

Whoa, did I say that? Sorry. That's not the case. While I want to see it, I'd still probably rank Armor Wars & What If? above it in terms of shows already announced. Secret Invasion I'm not sure about because so far no actual superheroes have been announced for it.

I think most of the Eternals probably won't last past one movie, so I don't think they need to be too fleshed out. Just enough to make them into distinct characters.
    Shit. I must be getting old. I could have sworn you said that some time ago. I'm interested in Armor Wars and Secret Invasion MOSTLY because of Cheadle and Jackson respectively. I think they're hilarious. If the Eternals will just be one movie, I would be fine with the current line up. Although I do think some of the characters will be hanging out in the periphery. God, Terrence Howard must be PISSED that he lost the War Machine role:

LOL!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Shit. I must be getting old. I could have sworn you said that some time ago. I'm interested in Armor Wars and Secret Invasion MOSTLY because of Cheadle and Jackson respectively. I think they're hilarious. If the Eternals will just be one movie, I would be fine with the current line up. Although I do think some of the characters will be hanging out in the periphery. God, Terrence Howard must be PISSED that he lost the War Machine role:

LOL!
    No problem. I like Cheadle and Jackson so I'm glad to see them getting attention. I also think War Machine needs more development. I always thought he showed up too early in the MCU to get the focus he needed. But i'm also interested in seeing the future legacy of Iron Man after Tony Stark is gone.

As for Secret Invasion, it sounds cool, although Idk how much it'll resemble the comics version. I like Fury and Talos and I'm happy to see them return. Skrulls actually sound like espionage-type foes in a superhero spy world, instead of "super soldiers", IMO. Like I said earlier, I do hope some actual superheroes show up. Maybe Hulkling will. I'd like to see Spider-Woman show up to deal with Skrulls but I doubt it'll happen