Page 237 of 775 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 11619
    Extraordinary Member

Classic Mantis was a human martial artist heroine with a empathic gift. No healing she could just sense danger in a general way.

She has gone thru several massive power ups since her 70's debut. She's been able to project energy blasts, use superhuman strength, fly, breathe in space, vastly expanded danger sense.

The Abdell/Lannet(?) GotG made her a telepath, which might have been the one power that her 80's (irrc) power up didn't give her.

Movie Mantis is like... Classic Mantis but where the human martial artist gimmick got taken out leaving her as an alien with a more powerful version of her empathy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    A Disney+ Legends episode not using footage from a ABC show shouldn't surprise anyone. Given that ABC is its own company Marvel might not be able to use that footage, even if they wanted to (Marvel and ABC both being owned by Disney only gets you so far). Just like you won't find Incredible Hulk or the two Spidey films on D+. Those films are obviously MCU canon, but because they're tied up with other companies you don't see it on the streaming service.
    It's definitely not because of licensing, because Agent Carter actually IS streaming on Disney+, alongside other ABC productions. If they can do that, then there is absolutely no reason why footage of the show couldn't be on Marvel Legends other than they didn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Classic Mantis was a human martial artist heroine with a empathic gift. No healing she could just sense danger in a general way.

She has gone thru several massive power ups since her 70's debut. She's been able to project energy blasts, use superhuman strength, fly, breathe in space, vastly expanded danger sense.

The Abdell/Lannet(?) GotG made her a telepath, which might have been the one power that her 80's (irrc) power up didn't give her.

Movie Mantis is like... Classic Mantis but where the human martial artist gimmick got taken out leaving her as an alien with a more powerful version of her empathy.
    The sole empathy thing just makes her seem a little less useful.

I always kind of viewed her as Marvel's Cassandra Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's definitely not because of licensing, because Agent Carter actually IS streaming on Disney+, alongside other ABC productions. If they can do that, then there is absolutely no reason why footage of the show couldn't be on Marvel Legends other than they didn't want it.
    Oh, well nevermind then.

Eh, who knows why they didn't use footage from the show. Poor taste, I imagine. I still doubt it has anything to do with MCU canon though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I hope there's a chance Loki will lead to a lot more. Maybe we'll finally get Machine Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I hope there's a chance Loki will lead to a lot more. Maybe we'll finally get Machine Man.
    He could show up in Armor Wars. Maybe Jocasta also, and then we'd get an adaptation of the Iron Man 2020 event.

When they actually announce that I can move on to hoping for someone else to be used in the MCU

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    When they actually announce that I can move on to hoping for someone else to be used in the MCU
    It's a big maybe, so far. Idk if Machine man is even on Marvel Studios' radar right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It's a big maybe, so far. Idk if Machine man is even on Marvel Studios' radar right now
    You'd think they'd at least consider a Nextwave film at some point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    You'd think they'd at least consider a Nextwave film at some point.
    Maybe. Idk how popular it was

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Disney+ Hawkeye sneak peak.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Disney+ Hawkeye sneak peak.

She's already wearing form-fitting purple...she's on top of this .

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

What If? Episode 1 was pretty awesome, nice variations for The First Avenger movie alongside some funny parallels and the Steve/Peggy relationship was just as cute as ever.

spoilers:
    I thought initially the monster was Shuma Gorath but I think it was one of those monsters from the opening to GOTG2? Having Howard use the Tesseract to power up the HYDRA Smasher was a clever idea too. Curious to see if we'll see Captain Carter alongside her version of the Avengers given the ending before going multiverse hopping.
    end of spoilers

Disney+ Unveils New MCU Timeline Order, Including WandaVision's Spot After Marvel's What If
    https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-ti...ampaign=buffer

Marvel Studios' What If...? is likely placed right after Loki because of the destruction of the Sacred Timeline, which creates the multiverse that the new animated Disney+ takes advantage of.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

People actually think this ad is a sneak peak of an episode.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1425551628346658816

Oh, and we get to see Party Thor.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES