Page 239 of 776 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 11640

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Who controls the NWH release date anyway? Disney or Sony?

But... it feels like it is studios running away from the inevitable.

The Box office is simply not going to recover to "old" numbers for a long long long long long time. And even if it starts to, you are going to get so many movies smashed together they are going to eat each other .
    Yeah. The days of billion dollar films are over.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They said animation will be used for stuff they can't do in live action. Power Packs been rumored for ages so maybe they'll do that animated

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Widow does ostensibly more than just kick people in my opinion. Like we've seen her do normal spy stuff.
    Yeah, but it's hard for me to buy this concept in the MCU. Somehow, the best option for stealth is someone with no powers. I'm not sure how that works

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, but it's hard for me to buy this concept in the MCU. Somehow, the best option for stealth is someone with no powers. I'm not sure how that works
    Well, I mean, real life spies get by...

Ultimate Member

Well, I mean, real life spies get by...
    Yeah, in the real world. We also don't have robotic suits and demigods and reporters with bug powers and pilots with the power of a white hole. So Idk why Marvel can do all that but then think spy = powerless/barely powered

Yeah, in the real world. We also don't have robotic suits and demigods and reporters with bug powers and pilots with the power of a white hole. So Idk why Marvel can do all that but then think spy = powerless/barely powered
    Yeah, but real world abilities are still applicable in a fantastical world.

I don't agree at all. Marvel's idea of spies is just people like Captain America but pretending to be stealthy.
    No, you misunderstand me. We're in agreement here. Get it? Too much "Super" and not enough "Spy?"

Moon Knight looks like Moon Knight .
    Not sure if I'm feeling the "mummy" vibe here, but it's definitely unique and it *does* look like Moon Knight.

I did recall that scene where she causes such a fuss fighting Nazi's and forgets herself that she's supposed to be more covert.

I also feel like she'd probably be more militant and stoic as a hero than Steve ended up being.
    More sassy, too.

Aping the movies so hard to begin with is what signlaed the beginning of low quality Marvel cartoons.
    I don't know enough about the cartoons (especially Marvel's) to say. But you're not expecting corporate heads to learn from their mistakes are you?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Shang-Chi feels like it’s being dumped.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Shang-Chi Box Office 3 Week Outlook Looks Abysmal

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel's Shang-Chi Box Office 3 Week Outlook Looks Abysmal
    I think anyone expecting big numbers here is fooling themselves. I agree with the guy who made the video, it's going to repeat what we've seen with Widow, only without D+ to boost the overall numbers. It'll have a good showing by pandemic standards with a massive drop off in weeks 2 and 3. I don't expect it to even reach Widow BO, since it's a new franchise without a decade's worth of Avenger clout behind it. It'll do well by today's metrics, but covid cases are on the rise with scary new, vaccine-resistant strains breaking out. This simply is not gonna do pre-pandemic figures.

I want this film to be successful and I want to see it, but with delta variants and whatever else, the odds of me and my family going to the theaters for it is really gods damn low.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I hope I’m wrong, but I do suspect the pandemic has dealt the MCU a mortal wound

The only question is how much of the unreleased movies are too far gone to be changed, and how many will be cut to the bone to compensate for the reduced box office expectations and Disney’s own troubled financies

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I hope I’m wrong, but I do suspect the pandemic has dealt the MCU a mortal wound

The only question is how much of the unreleased movies are too far gone to be changed, and how many will be cut to the bone to compensate for the reduced box office expectations and Disney’s own troubled financies

Speaking of Disney.
    This news below is recent.
    Disney Parks Are Profitable for First Time Since Pandemic Began

Disney Parks finally turn a profit for the first time since the coronavirus pandemic began last year, raking in $4.3 billion in total revenue.
    https://www.cbr.com/disney-parks-fir...ince-pandemic/

Disney parks & products division returns to profit as theme park losses narrow, merchandise sales soar
    Disney said Thursday its parks, experiences and products division returned to profitability for the first time since the pandemic began,

Losses at Disney's theme parks narrowed and sales of merchandise soared.

CEO Bob Chapek said he's bullish on the park's future, noting that reservations are above third-quarter attendance levels currently.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...oar/ar-AANfIKW

UPDATE 3-Disney beats Wall Street estimates as streaming grows, parks turn profit
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-dis...201253781.html
    Last edited by mace11; 08-14-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but real world abilities are still applicable in a fantastical world.
    But my point is: why can't spies have powers too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No, you misunderstand me. We're in agreement here. Get it? Too much "Super" and not enough "Spy?"
    Whoops, sorry about that. I get what you mean know. But yeah, a spy with actual superpowers might actually be interesting

But my point is: why can't spies have powers too?

Whoops, sorry about that. I get what you mean know. But yeah, a spy with actual superpowers might actually be interesting
    I don't think anyone's saying they shouldn't, it should just be were applicable.

I don't really think Black Widow and Mockingbird should have overt powers although I guess in the comics they're all technically Super Soldiers now? Or something like that, I'm not sure about Widow other than her aging slowing down.

Oh I totally agree.

Did you ever read DC's short-lived but excellent title, The Silencer? She was a former assassin/spy for the League of Assassins who tried to go legit and get out of the game, built a family for herself, and then got pulled back into action. Had some cool noise-cancellation powers that were pretty fantastic for covert stuff. Might be worth your time.

I think publishers are under the impression that powers should be full of spectacle, and powers suited to espionage aren't as compelling/interesting because they have to be subtle. I don't agree with the notion but I can't really think of any other reason why most spies in comics are powerless humans while everyone else is blowing up buildings with their mind bullets.

~ Black Panther.