Page 250 of 776 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350750 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 11640
    Extraordinary Member

Something that rankles me....Stephen is an MD...he knows the importance of informed consent. All of Peter's questions should have been asked and answered before he even started the spell.

Just feels like this is to 'reset' things for Spider-Man after all is said and done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How so? Strange probably won't be there during the actual fight scenes. Peter always does it by himself. I don't follow your logic here.
    Strange is on the train tbf

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Something that rankles me....Stephen is an MD...he knows the importance of informed consent. All of Peter's questions should have been asked and answered before he even started the spell.

Just feels like this is to 'reset' things for Spider-Man after all is said and done.
    This.This smarta*s really didn't tell Peter the rules.

But if it resets to a more mature and responsible solo Pete I'm all for it.It's a great way to soft reset with a bang while providing fanservice.
    Peter is their best thing in MCU future and they wanna keep him long term, have him grow, etc.
    Even Miles won't come close to Spider-man, they should give him like 2 more trilogies in the MCU before putting him aside.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cap is seen as the leader or face of The Avengers though. And was basically central to Zemo's whole plan.
    He still didn't have any direct connection to Cap. Not sure why you're ok with that but not the Spider-villains.

That sounds great .
    Sounds like she has no reason to be there except to fill out the roster

It feels kind of arbitrary. And having fought the Big Bad at some point doesn't really negate the final fight in my point.
    Nothing I said is arbitrary. Calling a movie a team up because another hero appeared earlier is arbitrary

I think it goes well and beyond "assistance," even if it's not a direct team-up.
    I don't totally agree either. I'm still not sure what you're getting at.

I think I mentioned that .
    Ok.

I'm not saying she needs to be near death so much as just more emotionally involved and relevant. Like Rosemarry Harris.
    I don't mind that, but IMO the problem is just MCU May hasn't had much screen time. I do like that she knows who he is, and is actually an appropriate age for a teenaged Peter parker

Haven't we discussed before how MJ isn't a cliche?
    Yeah, and I guess we don't agree on that matter. I don't care at all that she's not "hot" to some people. The MCU has already sexualized female characters enough

Mob bosses...organized crime...purse snatchers...reckless drivers...I mean, I really don't think it needs to be that complicated in the context of a Superhero story.
    Mob bosses aren't the same as random muggers. Urban areas aren't dangerous in the way street level vigilante comics portray. That's more of a thing to make people feel unsafe, or a relic of earlier decades when that was true. At least, not enough to warrant a masked superhero fighting them. It's more of a stereotype. Ironically, those actually affected by crimes come from marginalized communities but the comics don't portray that. A lot of it just seems like the same "War on Crime" propaganda that's caused so much trouble for working class people, which puts it at odds with Peter's working class ethos that's supposedly so important to his portrayal. Of course criminals deserve justice, but how that is served needs to evolve.

And he still couldn't get away from Tony Stark's influence even after that.

How so?
    Like I said, I didn't think Mysterio needed to be connected to IM. And I didn't care for the "next IM" stuff from FFH either. But he's not going to completely forget about him just after Endgame

Having to juggle responsibilities is very relatable, I think, of course no one could probably humanly bear that burden for as long as Spider-Man has but then it wouldn't be Spider-Man.

I don't think it's that impossible for someone scraping by because being Spider-Man doesn't really require a lot of money, so much as living does.
    Lots of superheroes have responsibilities, though. Different ones, of course. But my problem is it seems like he can't seem to choose what he wants, or has it all at once. I don't feel the exact way it's portrayed is believable anymore. I don't think he can have everything he wants, but he can't seem to actually sacrifice any one part. I can more easily buy the other MCU heroes who aren't trying to it all, because I don't think being a working class student nowadays gives much time to secretly be a superhero. Which wouldn't be as much of a problem if the city didn't seem to be inundated with criminals.

Tbh, it just seems like some people want Spider-Man to never actually change (not saying this is you). But I don't think that's good for him. He needs to be a dynamic character IMO.

He's Spider-Man's best Superhero friend.
    I just don't like Johnny Storm or his relationship with Peter Parker at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Strange is on the train tbf
    True, but that looks more like a mindbending sequence like in the first Dr. Strange movie. Peter seem alone when Doc Ock shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's out for real.

Thoughts:

- That is kind of a quintessential Peter and Mary Jane moment at the beginning with Peter and Michelle. All she needs is red hair and the real name.

- They've been so flippant with Peter's secret identity that I'm glad they're treating his identity getting outed seriously and there is actual consequences to it for his friends and family. Is there any reason he wouldn't want to get it back? Of course then they bring up how difficult it is to maintain a double life. I kind of hope they don't just undo the undoing because Peter learned a lesson because I feel like the point should be that he needs both Spider-Man and Peter Parker instead of being just another MCU hero who is a hero pretty much all the time.

- Aunt May facing charges for being Peter's aunt is probably the most serious thing they've done with her in this entire trilogy and I'm not sure they're really going to do much with it.

- That head that reminds Peter of Dr. Strange looks oddly enough like Mephisto. And then they go into the mindwipe and we get into OMD territory.

- Strange in the Cloak in casual clothes is...something. Looks like he and Wong were on an ice mission together.

- I don't know how I feel about Strange going through with the spell even when Wong advises him not too. It seems too flippant of him, especially compared to how he'd been depicted before and he knows how dangerous magic can be. And, obviously, it goes wrong and potentially sets up the Multiverse of Madness as much as Sylvie did.

- So I guess Peter has to deal with telling his core supporting cast he's Spider-Man again...although he just morphs into costume in broad daylight like Spider-Iron Man so it doesn't seem like he cares about keeping his identity anymore otherwise.

- This looks to get as trippy as a Spider-Man/Dr. Strange team-up should get.

- So we have an Electro shock, a storm of Sandman (?), a Pumpkin Bomb with that distinct Willem Dafoe laugh, and obviously Molina as Doc Ock...although at the same time, as great as the nolstalgia is, why is it so hard for Holland to get his own villains? They're either motivated by Tony Stark or hand-me-downs from other Spider-Men.

- I guess Peter brings the Iron Spider suit out because he needs to be bulletproof. Can he just stick to one costume for once? And not be bulletproof? Or like transforming into a costume in one second? It just really takes me out of it.

Extraordinary Member

Bruh Marvel comics really gonna have Ben(and Miles and possibly otto) parading around as Spider-man when NWH drops and not have Peter.They deserve to go out of business smh.
    The biggest Spider-man movie ever and they do this.F*ck the editors who allow this

Extraordinary Member

Thoughts:

- That is kind of a quintessential Peter and Mary Jane moment at the beginning with Peter and Michelle. All she needs is red hair and the real name.

- They've been so flippant with Peter's secret identity that I'm glad they're treating his identity getting outed seriously and there is actual consequences to it for his friends and family. Is there any reason he wouldn't want to get it back? Of course then they bring up how difficult it is to maintain a double life. I kind of hope they don't just undo the undoing because Peter learned a lesson because I feel like the point should be that he needs both Spider-Man and Peter Parker instead of being just another MCU hero who is a hero pretty much all the time.

- Aunt May facing charges for being Peter's aunt is probably the most serious thing they've done with her in this entire trilogy and I'm not sure they're really going to do much with it.

- That head that reminds Peter of Dr. Strange looks oddly enough like Mephisto. And then they go into the mindwipe and we get into OMD territory.

- Strange in the Cloak in casual clothes is...something. Looks like he and Wong were on an ice mission together.

- I don't know how I feel about Strange going through with the spell even when Wong advises him not too. It seems too flippant of him, especially compared to how he'd been depicted before and he knows how dangerous magic can be. And, obviously, it goes wrong and potentially sets up the Multiverse of Madness as much as Sylvie did.

- So I guess Peter has to deal with telling his core supporting cast he's Spider-Man again...although he just morphs into costume in broad daylight like Spider-Iron Man so it doesn't seem like he cares about keeping his identity anymore otherwise.

- This looks to get as trippy as a Spider-Man/Dr. Strange team-up should get.

- So we have an Electro shock, a storm of Sandman (?), a Pumpkin Bomb with that distinct Willem Dafoe laugh, and obviously Molina as Doc Ock...although at the same time, as great as the nolstalgia is, why is it so hard for Holland to get his own villains? They're either motivated by Tony Stark or hand-me-downs from other Spider-Men.

- I guess Peter brings the Iron Spider suit out because he needs to be bulletproof. Can he just stick to one costume for once? And not be bulletproof? Or like transforming into a costume in one second? It just really takes me out of it.
    1)Really hope they don't find out.Michelle doesn't remember them dating and he doesn't ask her out again.

2)Strange should have told Peter the rules before even if he was going to go through the spell casually.Like what did he expect from a high schooler.

3)The suit up in public is either gonna be a plot hole, or as stated it's before all this and cut.Doc Ock is really saying hi to Tobey.

4)The entire point of Sinister six is him taking them solo, 3 Spider-men+ Doc if he's gonna fight is not appealing to me as much.

5)Really hope they next trilogies or more make him more mature.Maybe a new love interest?Love to see the Black cat

I think Strange's ego has bloated after IW/EG. I recall that the synopsis for MoM did say that he makes some kind of mistake so unless he is going to make another mistake in his own movie, I think we just saw it in this trailer.

Interesting that Strange said that the Multiverse is a concept that 'we know frighteningly little about'.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think Strange's ego has bloated after IW/EG. I recall that the synopsis for MoM did say that he makes some kind of mistake so unless he is going to make another mistake in his own movie, I think we just saw it in this trailer.

Interesting that Strange said that the Multiverse is a concept that 'we know frighteningly little about'.
    I think he's on the verge of going to the next level in sorcery.
    Like he was c*cky when he started, now he's c*cky because he thinks he can deal w/ anything but the multiverse thing is new too him.

I hope Spidey(tom or the others) are in MoM tbh.

Through most of the trailer, I thought, "This is what I want from an MCU spider-man movie"

And then the old villains came back and I sighed

The first part being a set up for a real MCU sinister six would be perfection.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I'm with Grace Randolph on this one, I think this is secretly the dark Doctor Strange from What If, not our Strange. The trailer almost seems to have a moment with the train where Strange and Spider-Man are fighting each other. So I think evil Strange has somehow replaced good Strange unknown to Wong (maybe whilst he's busy over in Shang Chi) and is using Spider-Man's situation to his advantage, maybe even in an alliance with Nightmare. Then we'll find out the fate of the real Strange and have Spidey help him out in Multiverse of Madness before he gets trapped in the Venomverse as long as Sony wants him there...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I'm with Grace Randolph on this one, I think this is secretly the dark Doctor Strange from What If, not our Strange. The trailer almost seems to have a moment with the train where Strange and Spider-Man are fighting each other. So I think evil Strange has somehow replaced good Strange unknown to Wong (maybe whilst he's busy over in Shang Chi) and is using Spider-Man's situation to his advantage, maybe even in an alliance with Nightmare. Then we'll find out the fate of the real Strange and have Spidey help him out in Multiverse of Madness before he gets trapped in the Venomverse as long as Sony wants him there...
    That seems really complicated....

I wish I actually liked Tobey and Andrew spider-men so I could be somewhat excited by them appearing......

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That's a possibility. But is the replacement an evil Strange, or someone else disguised as Strange?.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That seems really complicated....

I wish I actually liked Tobey and Andrew spider-men so I could be somewhat excited by them appearing......
    Hahaha, that's funny. I liked Tobey back in the day but I don't miss him

in DS1, dude was doing spells he had no right to do, stealing books, and TAO had to teach him how to use the mirror universe so he didn't F things up.

He also took a forbidden book, took an infinity stone, and just started messing with without even finishing the book.

He also used the stone to turn back time against Doramammu, much to Mordo, a much more experienced sorcerer, telling him not to mess with it.

So, Strange does have a habit of just doing what he wants with spells. And it has always ended up fine.