Page 253 of 776 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 11639

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Captain Marvel is the most overhated MCU film. It really wasn’t even bad, it was just “meh” IMO.
    It is probably definitely in my bottom five for the MCU

but... the bar is HIGH in the mcu.

The hate it get by certain segments, you would think the movie was Dark Phoenix bad or soemthing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is probably definitely in my bottom five for the MCU

but... the bar is HIGH in the mcu.

The hate it get by certain segments, you would think the movie was Dark Phoenix bad or soemthing
    And don’t forget how they claim that Carol is a Mary Sue on the level of Rey, which I didn’t get watching any of the films she was in so far.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And don’t forget how they claim that Carol is a Mary Sue on the level of Rey, which I didn’t get watching any of the films she was in so far.
    I don't think she's a Mary Sue but I think the final fight with Starforce at the end of the movie was...a little too light. Probably one of my least favorite final fights in an MCU film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she's a Mary Sue but I think the final fight with Starforce at the end of the movie was...a little too light. Probably one of my least favorite final fights in an MCU film.
    I was fine with the Starforce fight; these guys might be Kree special forces but Carol's raw power is well beyond them. What I took issue with was the big space battle against Ronan's fleet. What we got was good; Carol reveling in her newfound power and breaking giant starships apart like they're clay was badass as hell. But the problem is we didn't get enough; three or four huge cruisers with planet-destroying weapons, and all they do is launch like, a single volley of missiles and maybe a dozen fighters? I wanted a huge, Star Wars level space battle and all I got was a tiny skirmish.

Anyway, Captain Marvel was fine. It wasn't mind blowing, but it was fine. For me it kind of just fades into the middle of the MCU pack; better than Dark World or Iron Man 2 or GotG-v.2, but it doesn't stand out like Infinity War, Winter Soldier, or Ragnarok.

Film gets way too much hate, but yknow, a woman had the audacity to headline a movie and have a visible, impossible-to-ignore pro-feminist message so all those weak kneed beta boys out there just lost their damn minds. And I was a huge Carol fan before that movie, but the fools out there trying to crash it before it even hit theaters just made me root for her even harder.

....and to the folks who don't care for the film on its own merits and not just for the offensive gender of the main character, I'm not including y'all in that rant. Like I said, it's not my favorite either.

Anyway, this week's episode of What If was fun, but definitely the weakest thus far. Animation remains exceptional, most of the voice acting was solid, and while the mystery wasn't hard to figure out it was still fun, and I like that the episode used all the established MCU history, instead of just the stuff from the Big Week/phase 1 era. But it definitely didn't have the *kick* the other episodes did; the action wasn't on the level of Captain Carter, nor was it as fun as Star-Panther, and the quality of the mystery wasn't strong enough to make up for the lack. But still good, with some really great moments. Everything with Loki was, naturally, glorious.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I was fine with the Starforce fight; these guys might be Kree special forces but Carol's raw power is well beyond them. What I took issue with was the big space battle against Ronan's fleet. What we got was good; Carol reveling in her newfound power and breaking giant starships apart like they're clay was badass as hell. But the problem is we didn't get enough; three or four huge cruisers with planet-destroying weapons, and all they do is launch like, a single volley of missiles and maybe a dozen fighters? I wanted a huge, Star Wars level space battle and all I got was a tiny skirmish.

Anyway, Captain Marvel was fine. It wasn't mind blowing, but it was fine. For me it kind of just fades into the middle of the MCU pack; better than Dark World or Iron Man 2 or GotG-v.2, but it doesn't stand out like Infinity War, Winter Soldier, or Ragnarok.

Film gets way too much hate, but yknow, a woman had the audacity to headline a movie and have a visible, impossible-to-ignore pro-feminist message so all those weak kneed beta boys out there just lost their damn minds. And I was a huge Carol fan before that movie, but the fools out there trying to crash it before it even hit theaters just made me root for her even harder.

....and to the folks who don't care for the film on its own merits and not just for the offensive gender of the main character, I'm not including y'all in that rant. Like I said, it's not my favorite either.

Anyway, this week's episode of What If was fun, but definitely the weakest thus far. Animation remains exceptional, most of the voice acting was solid, and while the mystery wasn't hard to figure out it was still fun, and I like that the episode used all the established MCU history, instead of just the stuff from the Big Week/phase 1 era. But it definitely didn't have the *kick* the other episodes did; the action wasn't on the level of Captain Carter, nor was it as fun as Star-Panther, and the quality of the mystery wasn't strong enough to make up for the lack. But still good, with some really great moments. Everything with Loki was, naturally, glorious.
    I think it was a combination of Starforce being underdeveloped and the fight being so easy for Carol that it just didn't feel all that memorable. But that's just me.

No Way Home trailer views just surpassed Endgame's 24 hour viewership record.

Holy shit.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/spider-...rd-1234821631/

Ultimate Member

I liked that they finally allowed a superhero to go all out even if was over the top and not clearly built up to well enough. I can more easily buy an OP hero winning than a UP one somehow doing it.

And Mary Sue is now just a sexist term lobbed at any halfway competent female MC

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I liked that they finally allowed a superhero to go all out even if was over the top and not clearly built up to well enough. I can more easily buy an OP hero winning than a UP one somehow doing it.

And Mary Sue is now just a sexist term lobbed at any halfway competent female MC
    I'm fine with her OP but I think something she struggled a little with or had Starforce get more creative to fight her would've been appreciated.

An UP would just need to get more creative.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    No Way Home trailer views just surpassed Endgame's 24 hour viewership record.
    Not surprising considering the endless nagging fans pester each and every Marvel video about NWH. It was getting really tiring reading the comments, I just gloss over them.

So, has anyone claimed seeing Galactus in NWH this time?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Not yet, but they're claiming to see Mephisto.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Of course they would, *shrugs* next thing you know someone will claim to see a certain Los Angeles based female lawyer whose dad is the sheriff.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Probably one of my least favorite final fights in an MCU film.
    Easily. Once she "figured it out" she was like a cheat code.

But I am a weirdo who likes Thor TDW more than Homecoming so what do I know? lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I am beginning to think MCU is just trolling with the devil imagery now just because they think the reacton is funny.

Easily. Once she "figured it out" she was like a cheat code.

But I am a weirdo who likes Thor TDW more than Homecoming so what do I know? lol
    I thought Thor vs. Malektih was better than Spidey vs Vulture.

At least I could easily make out what was happening during that fight and Thor did more to Malekith than just fly around and win incidentally.

I am beginning to think MCU is just trolling with the devil imagery now just because they think the reacton is funny.
    I really hope so! That'd be hilarious.

Given they're adapting OMD (sorta) I think Meohisto is more likely than Murdock. But I'm not expecting either to show up honestly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.