Page 254 of 775 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354754 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 11623

Mephisto needs to make his grand debut in a live action 'Triumph and Torment' adaptation alongside the MCU Dr Doom. With either Strange or Wanda serving as a co lead.

I'm not opposed to him showing up in NWH or MoM though.

Best theory I've heard is that Bruce Campbell is playing Mephisto (and he was Mephisto in disguise throughout his cameo appearances in the Raimi movies) and that's him pretending to be Dr Strange looking for a Spider-man who would be willing to make a deal with the devil. Or he was influencing Strange and Peter and interfered at the spell at the last minute. Or the spell didn't go the way Mephisto/Strange intended to either.

I wouldn't put anything past Marvel after the guy Obadiah yelled at in IM1 came back as part of Mysterio's crew. lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with her OP but I think something she struggled a little with or had Starforce get more creative to fight her would've been appreciated.

An UP would just need to get more creative.
    A UP would just kick the enemy or shoot arrows and win, and tell me I'm supposed to believe it when I obviously can't.

Anyway, it definitely could've been more creative. I get the feeling she's susceptible to psychic attacks, so the Supreme Intelligence weakened her, but the movie didn't properly show that enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not surprising considering the endless nagging fans pester each and every Marvel video about NWH. It was getting really tiring reading the comments, I just gloss over them.

So, has anyone claimed seeing Galactus in NWH this time?
    That was annoying. Spider-Man has enough popularity. They don't need to drag lesser known Marvel heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    A UP would just kick the enemy or shoot arrows and win, and tell me I'm supposed to believe it when I obviously can't.
    For me it would depend on how it's depicted.

Like there's a difference between Green Arrow taking down Cheetah in an unconvincing way and Green Arrow taking down Brimstone because he's the only person who can make the shot they need to stop it.

Ultimate Member

For me it would depend on how it's depicted.

Like there's a difference between Green Arrow taking down Cheetah in an unconvincing way and Green Arrow taking down Brimstone because he's the only person who can make the shot they need to stop it.
    I'm not familiar with Brimstone, but I generally find UP heroes somehow taking out the bad guy a bit annoying. If GA, for instance, just delivered the kill shot after other heroes wear the enemy down, that works (I think that's what your example means right?). But somehow Black Widow and Okoye "saving" Scarlet Witch from proxima Midnight is a stretch to me.

But somehow Black Widow and Okoye "saving" Scarlet Witch from proxima Midnight is a stretch to me.
    Those two didn't damage PM at all. They basically stalled by getting their ass beat until SW got up and ruined PM's life in an instant lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OprPNExqrOk

So this is a perfect example of non-powered people being used. It took two of them to "save" SW by distracting and getting their ass beat for 45 seconds until SW got up.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And don’t forget how they claim that Carol is a Mary Sue on the level of Rey, which I didn’t get watching any of the films she was in so far.
    The entire final fight was very Mary Sue like.That's not my problem w/ the film though.
    Every MCU actor brings a flare to the movie, and Brie has no emotion.Which would be okay if we weren't told that she is too emotional every 2 seconds.
    It's Brie, which is a shame because she has many good performances.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Not yet, but they're claiming to see Mephisto.
    It's the Strange theory, right?
    He is off in the trailer, although Mephisto is a reach

Extraordinary Member

I thought Thor vs. Malektih was better than Spidey vs Vulture.

At least I could easily make out what was happening during that fight and Thor did more to Malekith than just fly around and win incidentally.
    I thought homecoming's fight was pretty clear.

That plane going down was great and Peter saving Vulture was amazing.And not to mention the great lifting scene before it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Those two didn't damage PM at all. They basically stalled by getting their ass beat until SW got up and ruined PM's life in an instant lol

So this is a perfect example of non-powered people being used. It took two of them to "save" SW by distracting and getting their ass beat for 45 seconds until SW got up.
    Agreed 100%

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I guess that works. I just don't see how Proxima Midnight was so weak those 2 could stall her when earlier in the movie she was easily kicking Wanda around.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The entire final fight was very Mary Sue like.That's not my problem w/ the film though.
    Every MCU actor brings a flare to the movie, and Brie has no emotion.Which would be okay if we weren't told that she is too emotional every 2 seconds.
    It's Brie, which is a shame because she has many good performances.
    I didn't find her emotionless, just not emotional enough. She worked fine with Fury and Talos, and Goose, but just not as well when it came to the more heavy emotional moments.

I wouldn't call her a Mary Sue, though. Just underdeveloped.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 08-26-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That was annoying. Spider-Man has enough popularity. They don't need to drag lesser known Marvel heroes
    It's not Spider-man though.People were hyped to see Tobey and Andrew.It's the multiverse element of seeing characters we loved return.

If Tony was confirmed to be back every comment would be about that.Same w/ Cap.

Extraordinary Member

I guess that works. I just don't see how Proxima Midnight was so weak those 2 could stall her when earlier in the movie she was easily kicking Wanda around.
    Scaling is iffy in Marvel.
    Cap can hold his own against Iron man and Spider-man(overpowering them, not being smart) but has problem w/ lesser characters.
    CW was a big scaling fail.

I just hope at this point that Strange's movie is actually about him and not this wish list of characters.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

It's not Spider-man though.People were hyped to see Tobey and Andrew.It's the multiverse element of seeing characters we loved return.

If Tony was confirmed to be back every comment would be about that.Same w/ Cap.
    Yeah, but those comments were on boards about other movies. I don't need to hear a bunch of comments asking for Tony Stark either.

Scaling is iffy in Marvel.
    Cap can hold his own against Iron man and Spider-man(overpowering them, not being smart) but has problem w/ lesser characters.
    CW was a big scaling fail.
    CW had off moments. Iron Man should easily be able to beat Captain America. Same with Spider-Man. Honestly, Cap's team should've lost the airport fight.

Cap experienced power creep in the MCU.

In his first movie, he was still believably peak human (yes, including the scene where he lifted that motorycle with the girls on it). Then in Avengers he destroyed that heavy duty punching bag, held his own for a bit against Loki, survived a Chiaturi blast, fought aliens, nothing too fancy. Still slightly peak human. Then the Russo bros take over and in TWS, he survives falling a great distance into the water that would have killed a regular human, gets blown off the highway and into a bus, bullet wounds are not a problem after a few minutes, survives getting punched in the face repeatedly in the face by Bucky's metal arm and is overall stronger and faster than he was in his previous appearance. Then in AOU, he is tossing motorcycles at Hydra and taking apart Ultron's bots with minimum difficulty. CW takes it a step further where he is kicking tanks, benching helicopters and getting up after falling several stories below an elevator shaft. In IW and EG he is able to take a punch from Thanos. Him being able to take on Iron Man especially with assist from the shield wasn't that far out considering everything we've seen do up until the point and was a part of his natural growth in skill and power.