Page 257 of 776 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 11633
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Meh.
    I kind of like Bruce Banner actually being happy in life.
    a hero, come to a conclusion in their life, instead of being drawn out for decades doing the same thing? Not in my comics!

Meh.
    I'm fine with that as, like, an endpoint but I feel like him being so happy-go-lucky takes away from the tragedy of the Hulk situation and what that dynamic is supposed to represent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    a hero, come to a conclusion in their life, instead of being drawn out for decades doing the same thing? Not in my comics!
    There was some (and still is) good Hulk drama in those decades.

Meh.
    Which is why Maestro should be a variant in the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with that as, like, an endpoint but I feel like him being so happy-go-lucky takes away from the tragedy of the Hulk situation and what that dynamic is supposed to represent.

There was some (and still is) good Hulk drama in those decades.
    Yeah, for over 50 years, but what does it result in? At some point these heroes need some kind of conclusion for each chapter of their lives. The main problem with MCU Hulk is we didn't see it happen. But the end result isn't entirely bad

Yeah, for over 50 years, but what does it result in? At some point these heroes need some kind of conclusion for each chapter of their lives. The main problem with MCU Hulk is we didn't see it happen. But the end result isn't entirely bad
    More stories?

I'm not exactly against the endpoint either but I feel like Peter David handled it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Isn't Ethan Hawke in Moon Knight supposed to be Werewolf By Night? I suppose he could could be playing the Jack Russell version and they are going for the more recent version of WBN (forget his name) in his own project, maybe as a passed on curse. Grace Randolph also mentioned a Man Thing project is planned somewhere.
    We don't know who Ethan Hawke is playing in Moon Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's also a way to get around Universal having the distribution rights to Hulk.

Hell depending on how the Universal contract is written Marvel might even be able to use "Maestro" in a film title?
    Or in a season of She Hulk or a movie? But I would rather it be a solo Hulk feature. Doesn't Hulk have his own team in the comics? A movie based on that but with Hulk/Banner as the main character fighting Maestro would be apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hydra Cap is fine for a one-and-done What If episode, but nothing more. Evans is done, Sam is carrying the shield, and the MCU needs to move forward instead of looking back. Besides, nobody wants to tarnish Evans' legacy of playing Cap by using the evil Hydra version.

Maestro, on the other hand, I always thought would be a fantastic Big Bad for a post-Thanos MCU. Totally different kind of threat than Thanos, you have the added pathos of an ally becoming an enemy....I'd be down for it.
    Plus I think the Ruffalo's Hulk needs time to shine on his own without competing with other characters for screen time.

Ultimate Member

More stories?

I'm not exactly against the endpoint either but I feel like Peter David handled it better.
    More stories is what new characters are created for, aren't they? And Banner being at peace with himself doesn't equal no more stories

More stories is what new characters are created for, aren't they? And Banner being at peace with himself doesn't equal no more stories
    More stories can sometimes lead to new characters .

That was kind of what the Professor Hulk era was about.

One of the hulks best eras. He did keep hulks temper however.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    One of the hulks best eras. He did keep hulks temper however.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Loved that in that era when Professor Hulk lost it he turned into Banner with Green Hulk's personality.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Isn't Ethan Hawke in Moon Knight supposed to be Werewolf By Night? I suppose he could could be playing the Jack Russell version
    I'm a Legion of Super-Hero fan, so I'm just dripping hypocrisy when I say this, but gosh, I hope they change his name to Jack Rousseau or something, because a wolf guy named Jack Russell is just too darn silly for me. Every time I hear his name, my brain screams *terrier!* at the end.

Third What If was definitely the weakest. Didn't really tell a story, just felt like a trailer to another episode or something.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Third What If was definitely the weakest. Didn't really tell a story, just felt like a trailer to another episode or something.
    I can't agree with that, it was strong to me (and possibly my second favourite of the 3), I also like that it indirectly clarifies a viewing order for those first MCU films.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All of them kind of feel like stealth pilots, to be honest.

All of them kind of feel like stealth pilots, to be honest.
    Oh yeah definitely. Third one felt like the worst thought. The T'challa and Carter ones had kinda endings though.

and the humor was easily the worst of the three. Can't believe we are still doing "lol phone is ringing" in 2021
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html