Page 262 of 761 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 11410

I mean, yes, the characters are funny and fun in the comics but you have so much more time in comics to learn and get to know the characters… The films don’t have that much time and need to get things going. Supporting comic characters get the shaft when it comes to film adaptions. 3 characters taking up time that could spent on whatever new villain they are introducing, it sadly makes sense why they were thrown to the side.

And my main point is, he signed up for a supporting character role, there would never be a film with the Warrior Three as the leads. He’s not wise for expecting a whole lot more.

Ultimate Member

Korg got more than Fandral did. And Korg's a nobody in the comics.

Anyway, perhaps it would've been better if the zany cosmic adventure was Thor 2 and the apocalyptic drama was Thor 3. then maybe Warriors 3 would've gotten a chance to shine. But the MCU really didn't build up Asgard to its full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I mean, yes, the characters are funny and fun in the comics but you have so much more time in comics to learn and get to know the characters… The films don’t have that much time and need to get things going. Supporting comic characters get the shaft when it comes to film adaptions. 3 characters taking up time that could spent on whatever new villain they are introducing, it sadly makes sense why they were thrown to the side.

And my main point is, he signed up for a supporting character role, there would never be a film with the Warrior Three as the leads. He’s not wise for expecting a whole lot more.
    It's Marvel who seemed to give him the impression he was going to be getting a bigger role than he actually did.

Ideally you use sequels to develop the supporting cast more instead shunning them to the side.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Korg got more than Fandral did. And Korg's a nobody in the comics.

Anyway, perhaps it would've been better if the zany cosmic adventure was Thor 2 and the apocalyptic drama was Thor 3. then maybe Warriors 3 would've gotten a chance to shine. But the MCU really didn't build up Asgard to its full potential.
    It’s a shame that Disney Plus didn’t exist sooner as it might have meant that not only would Agent Carter have been canonised in the eyes of Marvel Studios but we’d have likely gotten a Sif and Warriors Three project there too, or at least an Asgardian show in the same vein as Wakanda and I expect Atlantis will receive. Of course it depends how Love and Thunder treats New Asgard so it’s still possible.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So I watched Shang-Chi this past Sunday and couldn't help but think how much it felt like an Iron Fist movie. Feige really said ''this is what you SHOULD'VE done, Loeb''. Not wanting to dismiss that it was a Shang-Chi movie obviously; all of his elements certainly were right there to make it so. But you can't deny that his stories were always a lot more grounded than this movie ended up being. Kinda makes me wonder if this is deliberate because they want audiences to warm up to those mystical concepts just in time for an Iron Fist reboot/revival in a sequel. Although I'm not sure how much of that they'll want to explore in this franchise, 'cause I can see them not wanting a white hero getting attention away from their asian lead. Unless they're planning a full on reboot with a recast asian Danny.

Anyway, now I'm fully expecting Eternals to be an Inhumans done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope they don't view Sylvie being their take on Enchantress as a concrete thing because...she's just not the Enchantress to me.
    Same. I think Sylvie is a good enough character for the Loki show, but she doesn't make up for the lack of a proper Enchantress in the MCU. Even the director admitted that she is basically an original character, so hopefully her existence won't rule out other characters from appearing. I also want a proper Lady Loki instead of their disappointing portrayal of Loki's genderfluidness.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Answering Once and For All If ‘Black Widow’ Was a Hit or a Flop
    Was Marvel's 'Black Widow' was a home run or a strike out? We dug through the numbers.
    https://observer.com/2021/09/marvel-...us-box-office/
    Well, good to know it was arguably a success, all things considered. Marvel Studios is yet to produce a flop, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So I watched Shang-Chi this past Sunday and couldn't help but think how much it felt like an Iron Fist movie.
    Yeah, there is no chance for an Iron Fist movie now. Too much of the stuff that makes him unique was taken lol.

I hope they don't view Sylvie being their take on Enchantress as a concrete thing because...she's just not the Enchantress to me.
    I'd imagine you are going ot be disappointed then lol.

But then again, Hela was very Gorr like and they still do Gorr so "shrug"

I think the "problem" with thor (and I like MCU thor and actually like all his movies so...) is that they made his movies in Phase 1 when they were still trying to somewhat ground things.

If the movie was made in Phase 3 or whatver, I bet they would have leaned into Asgard and the 9 realms more. Instead of trying to tether the franchise to earth so much. I don't think Darcy, Selvig, and maybe even Jane would have existed.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-07-2021 at 04:52 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unless they're planning a full on reboot with a recast asian Danny.
    Don't see them doing another Asian martial artist lead franchise. At least not for a while, and not before they'd have an asian lead who wasn't the kung fu person.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they do. She's clearly their take on Lady Loki from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I mean, yes, the characters are funny and fun in the comics but you have so much more time in comics to learn and get to know the charactersÂ… The films donÂ’t have that much time and need to get things going. Supporting comic characters get the shaft when it comes to film adaptions. 3 characters taking up time that could spent on whatever new villain they are introducing, it sadly makes sense why they were thrown to the side.

And my main point is, he signed up for a supporting character role, there would never be a film with the Warrior Three as the leads. HeÂ’s not wise for expecting a whole lot more.
    Cap 2 and 3 did a good job with Team Cap. BW got her own movie, Bucky and Sam got their own show and Sam is getting his own movie, Peggy got a tv show, animated appearance, game and got to appear in two Avengers movies. The first two Thor movies were so preoccupied with Thor's human friends that they didn't bother to develop his more interesting Asgardian friends. Like I said in a prior post, it was early MCU and they did not fully embrace the fantasy of the MU at that point. Ragnarok did but at the expense of the Warriors 3.

So I watched Shang-Chi this past Sunday and couldn't help but think how much it felt like an Iron Fist movie. Feige really said ''this is what you SHOULD'VE done, Loeb''. Not wanting to dismiss that it was a Shang-Chi movie obviously; all of his elements certainly were right there to make it so. But you can't deny that his stories were always a lot more grounded than this movie ended up being. Kinda makes me wonder if this is deliberate because they want audiences to warm up to those mystical concepts just in time for an Iron Fist reboot/revival in a sequel. Although I'm not sure how much of that they'll want to explore in this franchise, 'cause I can see them not wanting a white hero getting attention away from their asian lead. Unless they're planning a full on reboot with a recast asian Danny.

Anyway, now I'm fully expecting Eternals to be an Inhumans done right.
    Back in 2012 Fiege commissioned a script writer to work on an Iron Fist movie based on Brubaker's run (which would have addressed a lot of inherent problems with IF) but the tv guys snagged IF instead and well, you know what we got.

I think it is part the movie division flexing at the tv side 'this is what IF SHOULD have been' and part Shang Chi being the first Asian lead and they didn't want to make feel small so they wanted to connect him to a grand mythology like other characters as well. Plus Marvel was lagging behind on Asian representation and this feels like the year where they make up for it.

Plus, I think they can backdoor reboot IF if they want now, hopefully with an Asian lead this time.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Don't see them doing another Asian martial artist lead franchise. At least not for a while, and not before they'd have an asian lead who wasn't the kung fu person.
    They've got Jimmy Woo and could launch Agents of Atlas starring him.

Since Helen Cho exists in the MCU already, they can bring in Amadeus Cho at some point. Maybe as a member of AoA.

Gemma Chan is also the lead in Eternals and Hawkeye/Hailee Steinfeld is mixed Asian. I think it would be okay if they relaunch IF as an Asian lead. Maybe pick up where the show left off and have Jessica Henwick as IF and kill off Finn Jones Danny Rand. Or maybe just go with a female IF from the start, I recall there was one in Brubaker's run. That will help set IF apart from Shang Chi.

Maybe we will get this in live action:

448b6e7985fa6895-600x338.jpg

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

And I don't see them introducing a white hero to be co-lead within the Shang-Chi franchise; and like MindofShadow said, I don't see Iron Fist getting his own production at all anytime soon considering the whole K'un-Lun stuff would feel too much like Ta-Lo, which they JUST introduced. So what's left for IF in the MCU? To be a street-level hero alongside Luke in a Heroes For Hire type of movie/show? That could be cool, but I think most IF fans wouldn't want the fantasy parts of his story to be completely ignored. So how do you address that? I feel like K'un-Lun mythology getting a shout out in a Shang-Chi sequel seems like the best shot right now, for better or worse. We'll see how they deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They've got Jimmy Woo and could launch Agents of Atlas starring him.

Since Helen Cho exists in the MCU already, they can bring in Amadeus Cho at some point. Maybe as a member of AoA.

Gemma Chan is also the lead in Eternals and Hawkeye/Hailee Steinfeld is mixed Asian. I think it would be okay if they relaunch IF as an Asian lead. Maybe pick up where the show left off and have Jessica Henwick as IF and kill off Finn Jones Danny Rand. Or maybe just go with a female IF from the start, I recall there was one in Brubaker's run. That will help set IF apart from Shang Chi.

Maybe we will get this in live action:

448b6e7985fa6895-600x338.jpg
    I'm not sure if MCU Kate will be part asian like Hailee is. Her mom is already your standard caucasian woman, and if I'm right about my speculation on who got cast as her father, he might be just white too. Hailee is very white passing as well, so I think they will prioritize actors who look more asian for specific asian-led productions.

And I sure hope they don't do Danny dirty like that. I'm ok if they want Colleen to be their asian Iron Fist who gets to team-up with Shang-Chi in the big movies and stuff. That'd be fine by me. But I hope there is still room for Danny in the MCU, even if away from all that stuff. I still want to see his friendship and dynamic with Luke (which WAS one of the upsides of his Netflix portrayal) explored. I think he deserves a second shot. I'm all for legacy characters getting the spotlight, but I don't think that should be done at the expense of the OG heroes. I HATED what they did to Mar-Vell in the MCU, so hopefully Danny gets a better treatment.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It’s a shame that Disney Plus didn’t exist sooner as it might have meant that not only would Agent Carter have been canonised in the eyes of Marvel Studios but we’d have likely gotten a Sif and Warriors Three project there too, or at least an Asgardian show in the same vein as Wakanda and I expect Atlantis will receive. Of course it depends how Love and Thunder treats New Asgard so it’s still possible.
    That could've helped flesh Asgard out. I feel like groups such as Eternals are trying to cover that, but I think Asgard had the potential to be much more interesting. We didn't really get to see all nine realms explored either.

He can just be folded into Heroes for Hire and/or show up alongside Shang-Chi in a future movie to retain more of the mystical side and not just be a street level guy. I don't think he has to be killed off or forgotten.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-07-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That could've helped flesh Asgard out. I feel like groups such as Eternals are trying to cover that, but I think Asgard had the potential to be much more interesting. We didn't really get to see all nine realms explored either.

He can just be folded into Heroes for Hire and/or show up alongside Shang-Chi in a future movie to retain more of the mystical side and not just be a street level guy. I don't think he has to be killed off or forgotten.
    Killing a character off is unnecessary especially when they can be salvaged by clever writing. There’s still potential for Danny.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I like that the superpowered community that seemingly developed during those missing 5 years seems to be sticking around. It's neat to see everybody seemingly keeping tabs on stuff outside their bubbles, trading notes and keeping each other updated on stuff that's happened opposed to being a collective of largely isolated factions that all exist in the same universe. It really feels like the early stages of a proper superhero community being developed and I hope we get to see more glimpses of it as time goes on.

I mean, if they were gonna do a Danny movie, at this point he would have to stay white just so it isn't "just another asian MA movie"

you would have to lean into Danny's whiteness/outsiderness just to make it different.

There is no hope for Danny lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Killing a character off is unnecessary especially when they can be salvaged by clever writing. There’s still potential for Danny.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I like that the superpowered community that seemingly developed during those missing 5 years seems to be sticking around. It's neat to see everybody seemingly keeping tabs on stuff outside their bubbles, trading notes and keeping each other updated on stuff that's happened opposed to being a collective of largely isolated factions that all exist in the same universe. It really feels like the early stages of a proper superhero community being developed and I hope we get to see more glimpses of it as time goes on.
    Let's hope so. It makes it seem more like the comics IMO