Page 263 of 776 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 11640

The only way I’m interested in seeing Iron fist again is if he’s Luke Cage’s partner in a fun 70s blaxploitation-inspired film or series.

Here are my new rankings for all 25 MCU films:

1. Avengers: Infinity War A+
    2. Avengers: Endgame A+
    3. Avengers A
    4. Captain America: Civil War A
    5. Captain America: Winter Soldier A
    6. Iron Man A-
    7. Thor: Ragnarok A-
    8. Spider-Man: Homecoming A-
    9. Spider-Man: Far From Home A-
    10 Black Panther A-
    11. Captain America: The First Avenger B+
    12. Avengers: Age of Ultron B+
    13. Doctor Strange B+
    14. Shang-Chi B+
    15. Black Widow B
    16. Thor B
    17. Guardians of the Galaxy B
    18. Ant-Man B
    19. Ant-Man and the Wasp B-
    20. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 B-
    21. Iron Man 2 B-
    22. Incredible Hulk B-
    23. Iron Man 3 B-
    24. Captain Marvel B-
    25. Thor: Dark World C+

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Here are my new rankings for all 25 MCU films:

1. Avengers: Infinity War A+
    2. Avengers: Endgame A+
    3. Avengers A
    4. Captain America: Civil War A
    5. Captain America: Winter Soldier A
    6. Iron Man A-
    7. Thor: Ragnarok A-
    8. Spider-Man: Homecoming A-
    9. Spider-Man: Far From Home A-
    10 Black Panther A-
    11. Captain America: The First Avenger B+
    12. Avengers: Age of Ultron B+
    13. Doctor Strange B+
    14. Shang-Chi B+
    15. Black Widow B
    16. Thor B
    17. Guardians of the Galaxy B
    18. Ant-Man B
    19. Ant-Man and the Wasp B-
    20. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 B-
    21. Iron Man 2 B-
    22. Incredible Hulk B-
    23. Iron Man 3 B-
    24. Captain Marvel B-
    25. Thor: Dark World C+

My rankings would be.

1: Thor Ragnarok

2. Guardians 1
    3. Guradians 2
    4. Civil War
    5.Ant Man and the wasp

6. Dr. Strange.

7. Black panther

The rest. Though i did not see Black Widow and Shang chi.

The spaces indicate the gaps in level of like.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

So with the Success of Shang Chi does anyone think they will introduce Iron Fist into the MCU? I have read many things saying it will never happen because he is a white guy and its not politically correct. Maybe I am ignorant and someone with more knowledge about this can help me. But why is this character problematic? I mean he wouldn't be the first white guy to do martial arts stuff.

I probably won't be able to see Shang-Chi until it's on Disney+, so I won't be able to really rank.

But Captain America Winter Soldier is still way up there for me. And my least favorite is still Iron Man 3.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Same. I think Sylvie is a good enough character for the Loki show, but she doesn't make up for the lack of a proper Enchantress in the MCU. Even the director admitted that she is basically an original character, so hopefully her existence won't rule out other characters from appearing. I also want a proper Lady Loki instead of their disappointing portrayal of Loki's genderfluidness.
    I like Sylvie but she really just doesn't quite capture the personality and visual of Lady Loki like I was expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think the "problem" with thor (and I like MCU thor and actually like all his movies so...) is that they made his movies in Phase 1 when they were still trying to somewhat ground things.

If the movie was made in Phase 3 or whatver, I bet they would have leaned into Asgard and the 9 realms more. Instead of trying to tether the franchise to earth so much. I don't think Darcy, Selvig, and maybe even Jane would have existed.
    There's no reason Asgard shouldn't have been as memorable as Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think they do. She's clearly their take on Lady Loki from the comics.
    They kind of liberally took from both Lady Loki and the two Enchantress' from the comics to make Sylive.

She has female Loki's status as a female version of a male Loki (although it's not a transformation and it doesn't seem like she was ever male, and the only Loki part of her is the horns).

She has blonde hair like the Enchantress, "enchantments," and the name Sylvie like the 2nd Enchantress.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They've got Jimmy Woo and could launch Agents of Atlas starring him.
    I'd have a hard time buying this version of Woo leading the AoA, unless they really play up the comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not sure if MCU Kate will be part asian like Hailee is. Her mom is already your standard caucasian woman, and if I'm right about my speculation on who got cast as her father, he might be just white too. Hailee is very white passing as well, so I think they will prioritize actors who look more asian for specific asian-led productions.
    Like, I literally just learned Hailee Steinfeld is half-Asian .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He can just be folded into Heroes for Hire and/or show up alongside Shang-Chi in a future movie to retain more of the mystical side and not just be a street level guy. I don't think he has to be killed off or forgotten.
    The best reception Finn Jones ever got as Iron Fist was that team-up episode with Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    So with the Success of Shang Chi does anyone think they will introduce Iron Fist into the MCU? I have read many things saying it will never happen because he is a white guy and its not politically correct. Maybe I am ignorant and someone with more knowledge about this can help me. But why is this character problematic? I mean he wouldn't be the first white guy to do martial arts stuff.
    Nope, as discussed before, MCU Shang-Chi took a ton of elements that is normally associated with IF.

He is problematic because he is the stereotypical white savior trope. The world kinda... moved on from it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It's less about him using Martial Artists and him growing up in K'un L'un. Most East Asian fans saw him as a White Savior trope and found him insulting. The netflix show's creative issues didn't help much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Sylvie but she really just doesn't quite capture the personality and visual of Lady Loki like I was expecting.

There's no reason Asgard shouldn't have been as memorable as Wakanda.
    Exactly

They kind of liberally took from both Lady Loki and the two Enchantress' from the comics to make Sylive.

She has female Loki's status as a female version of a male Loki (although it's not a transformation and it doesn't seem like she was ever male, and the only Loki part of her is the horns).

She has blonde hair like the Enchantress, "enchantments," and the name Sylvie like the 2nd Enchantress.
    I think it would be better if the original Amora was a separate character in the MCU

I'd have a hard time buying this version of Woo leading the AoA, unless they really play up the comedy.
    He can grow into being a leader. It just takes time.

Like, I literally just learned Hailee Steinfeld is half-Asian .

The best reception Finn Jones ever got as Iron Fist was that team-up episode with Luke Cage.
    I see.

Danny's never worked as a solo lead for me so I'm cool with putting him on a team. If SWORD gets a show just put him there. He'd play off Darcy and Woo pretty well. Heroes4Hire with Luke works too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Danny's never worked as a solo lead for me so I'm cool with putting him on a team. If SWORD gets a show just put him there. He'd play off Darcy and Woo pretty well. Heroes4Hire with Luke works too.
    Maybe something like Secret Invasion, assuming SWORD is involved?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Nope, as discussed before, MCU Shang-Chi took a ton of elements that is normally associated with IF.

He is problematic because he is the stereotypical white savior trope. The world kinda... moved on from it.

But couldn't they change some elements of his story?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's less about him using Martial Artists and him growing up in K'un L'un. Most East Asian fans saw him as a White Savior trope and found him insulting. The netflix show's creative issues didn't help much.

Well I sort of get that. But like I just asked, why couldn't they revamp his origin?

But couldn't they change some elements of his story?
    if you take out the mystical hidden secret kung fu asian city and dragon... what are you left with exactly origin wise?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They're going to introduce a rebooted Iron Fist as part of a Heroes for Hire show id bet.