Page 267 of 775 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367767 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 11623

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Blessing in disguise. Let Marvel make movies without bowing down to China. I'm glad Shang Chi is doing so well and I hope Eternals does gagnbusters. I hope directors like Chloe Zhao who have been silenced in China and Asian Americans of Chinese descent like Simu Liu continue to make personalized big budget movies about their experiences. Hope Marvel Studios becomes a haven for those who want their voices heard.
    Just creatively, it is a good thing.

Now lets get some actual LGBT characters on the big screen
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Hear hear .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Blessing in disguise. Let Marvel make movies without bowing down to China. I'm glad Shang Chi is doing so well and I hope Eternals does gagnbusters. I hope directors like Chloe Zhao who have been silenced in China and Asian Americans of Chinese descent like Simu Liu continue to make personalized big budget movies about their experiences. Hope Marvel Studios becomes a haven for those who want their voices heard.
    It really might be a blessing in disguise. I mean financially maybe not but at this point it seems to be the Chinese are looking for any reason not to release these movies. So what is the point in trying to pander to them? They will always find something that pisses them off or some excuse. So long term in a creative sense it is probably a good thing.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel Schedules Four Mystery Movies For 2024

That's Feb. 16, May 3, July 26, and Nov. 8. That's one per quarter of the year.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

LGBT isn't really a China problem

Marvel Studios Scores Its First Emmys With ‘WandaVision’
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/w...in-1235055187/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    But they have been an issue with POC lead films. See Black Panther despite them like Chadwick Boseman.

I think the point is Marvel can not be held to any standards if they are allowed to use (blank) as an excuse to not do XYZ.

I mean how much stuff from Japan got censored HERE?

See Battle of the Planets AKA Gatchaman-which had just as much death as Robotech....
    See Super Sentai-funny how flat chested Iesha and Tanya and others got when they morph into Rangers.
    See Robotech-3 shows merged into one with Southern Cross hiding the fact a white man had a black son.
    See Starblazers-The Comet Empire-leader and his mistress were really father and daughter. Along with all the Japanese stuff edited out.
    See Sailor Moon-Rey's grandfather was a dirty old man, Japanese culture cut, among other things.

Japan did not pander to us-they kept on making their stuff unedited.

So why should we pander to other countries? How much money has Madea made without China?

Agreed. Long overdue. They better do right by Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    It really might be a blessing in disguise. I mean financially maybe not but at this point it seems to be the Chinese are looking for any reason not to release these movies. So what is the point in trying to pander to them? They will always find something that pisses them off or some excuse. So long term in a creative sense it is probably a good thing.
    Streaming will get them to a much wider audience.

Didn't BP break records in some unexpected countries as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    China is less accepting of LGBT than America is presently and studios have been censoring gay characters and relationships so they can make $$$ in China. It's about time studios stopped pandering to them.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But they have been an issue with POC lead films. See Black Panther despite them like Chadwick Boseman.

I think the point is Marvel can not be held to any standards if they are allowed to use (blank) as an excuse to not do XYZ.

I mean how much stuff from Japan got censored HERE?

See Battle of the Planets AKA Gatchaman-which had just as much death as Robotech....
    See Super Sentai-funny how flat chested Iesha and Tanya and others got when they morph into Rangers.
    See Robotech-3 shows merged into one with Southern Cross hiding the fact a white man had a black son.
    See Starblazers-The Comet Empire-leader and his mistress were really father and daughter. Along with all the Japanese stuff edited out.
    See Sailor Moon-Rey's grandfather was a dirty old man, Japanese culture cut, among other things.

Japan did not pander to us-they kept on making their stuff unedited.

So why should we pander to other countries? How much money has Madea made without China?
    Don't forget butchering the One Piece dub which is one of the reasons why it never became huge in North America like Bleach and Naruto.

Extraordinary Member

Grace talks about china.
    Shang Chi 2nd Weekend Drop 53%, Simu Liu Comments No China Release Date?

Know I’m late to the game but I saw Shang-Chi yesterday and it’s legit one of my top Marvel movies. I feel like it’s been so long that Marvel launched a solo movie with little build up (BP premiered in CW and CM was teased in IW) and they really knocked it out of the park. I laughed, cried, and cheered and I can’t wait to see this world again.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 09-13-2021 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Know I’m late to the game but I saw Shang-Chi yesterday and it’s legit one of my top Marvel movies. I feel like it’s been so long that Marvel launched a solo movie with little build up (BP premiered in CW and CM was teased in IW) and they really knocked it out of the park. I laughed, cried, and cheered and I can’t wait to see this world again.
    Got dangit. The one movie i wish had priemier access. I wouldnt be caught dead in a theatre around here. Maybe when i go back up north next week. Everything ive heard about shang chi makes me want to see it more. I have not been to a theatre in like 4 years.

But i can wait i want shang chi to get every penny it can make to shut up the haters.

Also i agree china keeps moving the goal post so at the end of the day marvel is going to have to decide are they going to let China write their movies or the directors and creatives they hire because china cinema is not thinking about us.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-13-2021 at 04:37 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

i actually don't like Factions HawkBro run but this looks relatively fun
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

i actually don't like Factions HawkBro run but this looks relatively fun
    I need Clint to say "Respect the trick arrow."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Not sure why I'm supposed care about Clint after he became a brutal murderer. Hopefully the new characters are done well.