Page 285 of 760 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 11387
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I wasn't thrilled with the finale of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. In fact, I wasn't thrilled with the finales of WandaVision and Loki either. I get what you're saying about Sam and that would have been some compelling television, but one of the things I did like about the final episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier is that he actually saved people. He didn't "beat up the final video game boss", but rescued a bunch of people from that helicopter. Mind you, Stark rescuing those passengers and crew from Air Force One in Iron Man 3 was in my opinion much more creative and funnier, but I appreciated what the show's writers were trying to do there. And I agree with you and Mik that Sam probably went a bit too far in sympathizing with terrorists. But again, I do think Sam was meant to be portrayed as a compassionate guy. Didn't really work though, at least for me.
    I don't think Sam needed to kill anyone. The whole point is that he doesn't. Him being compassionate is good. But the show had to kill her off for some reason anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think Sam needed to kill anyone. The whole point is that he doesn't. Him being compassionate is good. But the show had to kill her off for some reason anyway.
    I like the compassion, didn't enjoy the naivety. But I'm happy Sam wasn't trying to kill anybody at the end of the series (although he did plenty of killing at the beginning).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    When I was younger it didn't matter so much to me...but where I'm at now I get more enjoyment out of deeper characters.

That would have been interesting.
    I hear you bro. I'm getting older too and I expect more now as well. But I understand the Disney's/Marvel's limitations and just try to roll with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I like the compassion, didn't enjoy the naivety. But I'm happy Sam wasn't trying to kill anybody at the end of the series (although he did plenty of killing at the beginning).
    If it was him killing her to kill her it would not have worked. If it was a situation of her or a bunch of innocents then yes. Sam (in the MCU) was Air Force PJ. I am sure he has a few scalps on his belt from his time in the service so it would not be like it was his first.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the problem was acting like they were still just questionable activists after Karli started killing people.

As for Sam killing people in the beginning, I'm guessing those guys weren't idealists but just criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    If it was him killing her to kill her it would not have worked. If it was a situation of her or a bunch of innocents then yes. Sam (in the MCU) was Air Force PJ. I am sure he has a few scalps on his belt from his time in the service so it would not be like it was his first.
    That's true but I think he was trying to minimize casualties because he saw they had reason to be angry.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They wanted to show that he was compassionate and not walker so much they pushed a touch too far IMHO

I also think Sam should have been force dto kill Karli instead of copping that out to Sharon. Part of being captain america is tough choices and dealing with those tough choices.

The power broker thing was a complete miss lol

(and I liked the show overall)
    They really stretched it when he was cradling her body and holding it in public. She didn't deserve that much.

Bruh, he straightup killed double digits to start the show lol.

He has no problem killing people, he's done it numerous times in the MCU.

He was trying to save Karli, because he felt bad for her. Which is admirable.

but when the chick starts beating your ass and is going to off you....... I think shes a little too far gone. Allowing Sharon to kill her to give Sam an "out" in that situation was a cop out.

I am not saying he should have showed up and starting offing people... I am sayingi n that moment when Karli was completely gone and was going to kill Sam... he should have been forced to make that choice to kill her to end the threat. Being captain America isn't roses and sunshine.

There is a difference between compassion and... allowing her ot kill you because "you can be saved." That's stupidity lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-22-2021 at 03:44 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Not saying Sam was a killing machine, but yeah he's done his fair share of taking bad guys out. It might have made the series quite a bit better if he had to take out Karli to protect folks, but as I said before I think this show definitely needed some FLASHBACKS to flesh out her character. That way the "final battle" would have had more of an emotional affect (maybe). The Flag Smashers just talked about what life was like for them after the Snap, but we didn't see ANY of it. As an example of what I'm saying is I had no idea who that old lady Karli was mourning over earlier in that series. Part of me is okay with Sam just saving people in the last episode, but what I didn't like was his strange passiveness throughout most of it (while sorta supporting terrorists at the same time).

Not saying Sam was a killing machine, but yeah he's done his fair share of taking bad guys out. It might have made the series quite a bit better if he had to take out Karli to protect folks, but as I said before I think this show definitely needed some FLASHBACKS to flesh out her character. That way the "final battle" would have had more of an emotional affect (maybe). The Flag Smashers just talked about what life was like for them after the Snap, but we didn't see ANY of it. As an example of what I'm saying is I had no idea who that old lady Karli was mourning over earlier in that series. Part of me is okay with Sam just saving people in the last episode, but what I didn't like was his strange passiveness throughout most of it (while sorta supporting terrorists at the same time).
    Take out zemo and madipoor and it frees up getting into the flagsmashers so we actually feel kinda sorry for them.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Getting away from the Sam discussion for a second, this week's What If was a stupid amount of fun. Great animation, as always, and a lot of fun little quirks (Loki! Favorite new Loki!). Good to have a Thor-centric episode, and one that wasn't such a downer like the zombie and Strange episodes were. Won't do spoilers yet, but I enjoyed it almost as much as the Star-Lord T'Challa one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Take out zemo and madipoor and it frees up getting into the flagsmashers so we actually feel kinda sorry for them.
    But then we wouldn't have the Zemo dancing meme. Your price is too high, sir, I cannot pay it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I liked Zemo and thought Madripoor looked great (if demographically inaccurate), but I agree. If you take that stuff out, the Flag Smashers would have gotten some much need attention. I agree with Chris and Mik too in that Sam definitely has done some killing in his past. But I don't there's such things as pacifist superheroes!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-22-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Niffleheim

I loved Zemo's ideology about super soldiers and I want that ideology to remain alive in the MCU. However, i do agree the anti-nationalism movement of the flagsmasher was very interesting in a reality after the blip and all those ppl coming back that needed exploration and better execution.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Fans will be Disappointed with Spider-Man No Way Home Says Andrew Garfield

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Of course they will be. Some people are letting their imaginations run wild and getting hyped for a movie that doesn't exist.