Page 286 of 760 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 11387

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Getting away from the Sam discussion for a second, this week's What If was a stupid amount of fun. Great animation, as always, and a lot of fun little quirks (Loki! Favorite new Loki!). Good to have a Thor-centric episode, and one that wasn't such a downer like the zombie and Strange episodes were. Won't do spoilers yet, but I enjoyed it almost as much as the Star-Lord T'Challa one.
    I thought it was great.

Extraordinary Member

Getting away from the Sam discussion for a second, this week's What If was a stupid amount of fun. Great animation, as always, and a lot of fun little quirks (Loki! Favorite new Loki!). Good to have a Thor-centric episode, and one that wasn't such a downer like the zombie and Strange episodes were. Won't do spoilers yet, but I enjoyed it almost as much as the Star-Lord T'Challa one.
    Needed some silly after all the darkness.

To be honest it was jarring to me if only because they didn't emphasize the consequences of this version of Thor as much as I felt they could have in favor of the comedy, but I guess they felt audiences needed a breather.

Thor vs. Captain Marvel was fun.

I guess I am also concerned that this is just doubling down on the dude bro characterization of Hemsworth's Thor.
    But then we wouldn't have the Zemo dancing meme. Your price is too high, sir, I cannot pay it.
    Yeah, the Zemo stuff people actually liked.

My only issue is his mask being the most blatant moment of comic book winking I've ever seen where he brings his mask for seemingly no reason, puts it on for no reason, and then takes it off after five seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

My only issue is his mask being the most blatant moment of comic book winking I've ever seen where he brings his mask for seemingly no reason, puts it on for no reason, and then takes it off after five seconds.
    It was eye rolling enough that he was randomly a baron and then the 5 second mask thing was.... a lot lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It was eye rolling enough that he was randomly a baron and then the 5 second mask thing was.... a lot lol
    Because him being a Baron was obviously not relevant enough to be mentioned in his first appearance .

Because him being a Baron was obviously not relevant enough to be mentioned in his first appearance .
    woulda made more sense for him to wear that mask in CW to hide his face lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I loved Zemo's ideology about super soldiers and I want that ideology to remain alive in the MCU. However, i do agree the anti-nationalism movement of the flagsmasher was very interesting in a reality after the blip and all those ppl coming back that needed exploration and better execution.
    I honestly don't really like it. IMO it's another variation of the "anti-mutant villain" from XMen

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I honestly don't really like it. IMO it's another variation of the "anti-mutant villain" from XMen
    I don't think it's xenophobia or racism to that extent but Zemo believing that absolute power corrupts because he endured the consequences of said power.

Ultimate Member

I don't think it's xenophobia or racism to that extent but Zemo believing that absolute power corrupts because he endured the consequences of said power.
    Yeah, but it's still 'superpowers are dangerous, omg!'. It's another way of villainizing anyone who wants accountability.

It's a funny thing. I don't really mind multiverse stories that much at all as long they DON'T permanently revive dead characters from the "main universe" using the same actors/actresses. That **** DOES bother me a lot. However, I understand that the MCU might have to rely on multiverses to incorporate stories/characters from the Fox, Universal, Sony and Netflix studios. So I don't have a problem with THAT. My issue with No Way Home is I get the feeling "that movie will mostly rely on nostalgia and the gimmick of seeing the various Spider-Men interacting, than a particularly strong story of its own." I have confidence in Feige, but I don't have any faith in his counterparts at Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It's a funny thing. I don't really mind multiverse stories that much at all as long they DON'T permanently revive dead characters from the "main universe" using the same actors/actresses. That **** DOES bother me a lot. However, I understand that the MCU might have to rely on multiverses to incorporate stories/characters from the Fox, Universal, Sony and Netflix studios. So I don't have a problem with THAT. My issue with No Way Home is I get the feeling "that movie will mostly rely on nostalgia and the gimmick of seeing the various Spider-Men interacting, than a particularly strong story of its own." I have confidence in Feige, but I don't have any faith in his counterparts at Sony.
    The fact that all the villains teased or released so far are not TomMan villains points to this and is extremely disappointing.

Dude's had zero of his own villains so far.

why couldn't it had been a simple movie about Scorpion seeing who put him in prison and forms his squad (maybe six of them lol) to make Peter's life hell?

Why is street level Spider-Man the one breaking the multiverse lol? Becaues Sony wants venom in the MCU? So silly.

Strange wiping out hte memory of Spider-Mans identity could have been at the end of the movie after Spider-Man stops Scorpion. Holland is willing to sacrifice his close friends knowing who he really is in order to keep them safe. Fits perfect with Parker sacrificing his own happiness for everyone else.

The spell gets screwed up and leads to DS2 in the Post credit scene

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Admittedly I wouldn’t mind it if this happens with T’Challa but with a different actor obviously. Assuming he gets killed off in BP2.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 09-24-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The fact that all the villains teased or released so far are not TomMan villains points to this and is extremely disappointing.

why couldn't it had been a simple movie about Scorpion seeing who put him in prison and forms his squad (maybe six of them lol) to make Peter's life hell?

Why is street level Spider-Man the one breaking the multiverse lol? Becaues Sony wants venom in the MCU? So silly.

Strange wiping out hte memory of Spider-Mans identity could have been at the end of the movie after Spider-Man stops Scorpion. Holland is willing to sacrifice his close friends knowing who he really is in order to keep them safe. Fits perfect with Parker sacrificing his own happiness for everyone else.

Yeah, I don't really see why they need to go full Multiverse. It isn't like there's some kind of film or franchise anniversary this movie is building on anyways that would justify it.

The one thing the MCU films could've accomplished is building up his Rogues Gallery and they can't even do that right.

To be fair, I do think Marvel has done a pretty good job of building up to the multiverse. They've been teasing it for YEARS now. And the Loki series finally set things in motion. So I appreciate Feige taking his time in getting here. But yeah, I don't remember reading Spider-Man being in any major multiverse stories (I was not a heavy reader of comics, but I DID like the Sinister Six story). I think your idea of Scorpion creating them could be very fun and entertaining. I think why I'm a bit down on the Spider-Man 3 is because I just wasn't a fan of the original Sony Spider-Man movies. Nostalgia? I prefer AMNESIA when it comes to them. I guess I'm sorta happy that Tobey and Andrew will be able to finish their character arcs on a high note? But Feige's involvement is keeping me interested. I DO think that people will be psyched for the Spider-Man/Daredevil meet-up (should it happen). It's sort of like seeing Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and the Hulk together on screen in live-action (in Avengers 1) for the first time (albeit on a smaller scale) I think.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-24-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Admittedly I wouldn’t mind it if this happens with T’Challa but with a different actor obviously. Assuming he gets killed off in BP2.
    Me too. That I wouldn't mind because I know Chadwick couldn't continue in future Black Panther projects. Extenuating circumstances and all that.