Page 289 of 760 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 11387

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I would also add that Project Insight was an engineering problem and super soldiers are a biological challenge. Like you wouldn't ask an IT guy for why you have a cough instead of a doctor. So far with the exception of Shuri and Banner's 7 PHD's, the MCU has avoided scientist characters who are omni-disciplinary.
    Tony is just as comfortable programing the most advanced A.I. in the world as he is at engineering complex mechanical suits composed of various parts that can individually fly, as he is at nanobots, as he is at perfectly creating fusion power in a small circle and in a giant power plant that also acts as a tower, as he is at inventing freaking time travel. There is no field of science or engineering that he has any trouble in.

Hank Pym is also another dude that apparently can do anything he wants in science and engineering. He invents the pym particles, but he also learns how to communicate with ants, and he creates two flying suits with lasers. And the whole laboratory he uses to travel to the quantumverse.

Oh and all of them apparently know how to quickly make suits for every enviroment. Hank Pym creates that suit to travel to the quantumverse and Tony has built several different suits for Peter and the Avengers.

By the way, nanobots was in my opinion the worst thing to be introduced into the MCU. I'm fine with Peter Quill having that mask, but Black Panther, Iron Man and Peter Parker really shouldn't have nanosuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm fine with Peter Quill having that mask, but Black Panther, Iron Man and Peter Parker really shouldn't have nanosuits.
    Eh... black panther is from the most technological place on earth using a magic space metal meteor. If anyone should have it, it is him lol.

And it goes back to the 90's with him having a suit like that. Priest introduced it for him.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh... black panther is from the most technological place on earth using a magic space metal meteor. If anyone should have it, it is him lol.

And it goes back to the 90's with him having a suit like that. Priest introduced it for him.
    I never said it was something new. Iron Man also had a nano suit at various points in comics. What I'm saying is that it ruined those live action superhero suits to me. They are weightless special effects now and putting them on doesn't have any meaning anymore. And that's fine for alien societies a thousand years ahead of earth in technological terms, but not for heroes that exist in our world.

At least Power Rangers makes a whole light effect whenever they transform with suits that come out of nowhere.

Ultimate Member

Tony built Ultron with Banner's help.
    Haha, I meant to say I didn't know whether it was the Mind Stone who created Ultron in the end

I never said it was something new. Iron Man also had a nano suit at various points in comics. What I'm saying is that it ruined those live action superhero suits to me. They are weightless special effects now and putting them on doesn't have any meaning anymore. And that's fine for alien societies a thousand years ahead of earth in technological terms, but not for heroes that exist in our world.

At least Power Rangers makes a whole light effect whenever they transform with suits that come out of nowhere.
    The nanosuit made Iron Man into more than just another flying brick, and the MCU already has so many of those (and may get more). So I like it. I mean, if he can discover time travel and Hank Pym can discover Pym Particles, I don't see how this is a stretch.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-26-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Zola getting his mind turned into a living computer might have been an influence on why super soldiers weren't developed early.
    Perhaps. Hydra is in a rough spot, first with the War and then rebuilding within SHIELD and having to sneak resources away for their own R&D.

But my point is that if Buck is a super soldier, then Hydra didn't have to develop it during those difficult years; they had already created it. So why didn't they capitalize on it? The serum was Hydra's main goal during the War, and something they never gave up on (as Siberia shows us), and with a successful super soldier in their grasp the idea that they couldn't make any more doesn't make sense to me.

The only thing I can think of, and nothing in the films supports this that I can recall, is that Hydra *did* have some low-end super soldiers; the STRIKE team. Assuming Hydra changed the potency of the serum after those Siberian guys from Civil War, I guess it's possible they settled for soldiers with less strength but more self-control. Crossbones does do a better job against Steve than most non-powered people, and maybe that's due to a little extra juice in his veins and not *just* training and grit.

But I don't think anything in the films ever even hints at this and I'm inferring connections that don't really exist.

And my point about project Insight is that Hydra was able to manipulate the creation of three super helicarriers capable of wiping out millions of people per minute, and they did that under SHIELD's nose....but we're supposed to believe that they couldn't also create more super soldiers, even though they already had one?

It's just a plot hole, but it's a gods damn big one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm fine with characters like Black Panther and Iron Man having the kind of suit but the idea of a teenage Spider-Man with a nanosuit and retractable mask just feels kind of ridiculous to me.

Not sure how I feel about so many costumes being CGI/mo-cap now.

Those BP suits were real though. They weren't all special effects

With your description of being "so advanced"... the one place you should find it on earth is Wakanda.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

By the way, nanobots was in my opinion the worst thing to be introduced into the MCU. I'm fine with Peter Quill having that mask, but Black Panther, Iron Man and Peter Parker really shouldn't have nanosuits.
    I understand the convenience of having a mask able to flash on and off, so that the actors face can be seen for a quick reaction shot, and then they go back to being armored/masked for the rest of the scene, but I also am not fond of it.

I particularly dislike the bit in one of the later movies where a bunch of levitating crap comes out of the back of Iron Man's armor and forms into a flower petal type formation and then a giant energy beam comes out of it. Just, what the hell is that supposed to be? I can't even imagine how that works. It's straight up anime sorcery, not science or engineering! I can suspend belief about Cap's shield completely ignoring physics and Pym particles conveniently making you weigh the same as a full-sized man when you punch someone but not weigh 180 lbs when you ride a ****ing ant, but that was just 'whaaat?'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I understand the convenience of having a mask able to flash on and off, so that the actors face can be seen for a quick reaction shot, and then they go back to being armored/masked for the rest of the scene, but I also am not fond of it.

I particularly dislike the bit in one of the later movies where a bunch of levitating crap comes out of the back of Iron Man's armor and forms into a flower petal type formation and then a giant energy beam comes out of it. Just, what the hell is that supposed to be? I can't even imagine how that works. It's straight up anime sorcery, not science or engineering! I can suspend belief about Cap's shield completely ignoring physics and Pym particles conveniently making you weigh the same as a full-sized man when you punch someone but not weigh 180 lbs when you ride a ****ing ant, but that was just 'whaaat?'
    Except his nanobots ran out. Pym particles seem to change the rules every time they're used. I don't see how the former is less realistic than the latter

Because Pym Particles are inherently fantastical. They are magic beans made in a lab. The Iron Man suit started out as something genuinely believable. Seeind all those different parts come together in a way that felt mechanical. Even in Iron Man 3 they found a way for him to easily suit up that still felt believable, and more importantly, felt tactile. I could feel that suit. invention

The final battle in Iron Man 3 felt to me like the max potentital Iron Man had, and it was awesome. The only other way to improve would be him having a high atmosphete satelite that followed Tony and could send him random parts of various suits so he could combine them for various purposes. Nano suits destroys that feeling of having seeing a real scientifical creation because there is no logic or texture to it.

For all intents and purposes Iron Man became Green Lantern.

As for the people saying "if there is a place on earth with nanosuits it would be Wakanda", I'm saying that there shouldn't be place on earth with that technology. It's wayyy too advanced for the world they exist in. Do you have any idea how much nano tech of that type would change the world?

Isn't the fact that the Black Panther suit is a sewn fabric that can absorb, maintain and redirect kinectic energy impressive enough? It's an amazing invention.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-26-2021 at 12:57 PM.

As for the people saying "if there is a place on earth with nanosuits it would be Wakanda", I'm saying that there shouldn't be place on earth with that technology. It's wayyy too advanced for the world they exist in. Do you have any idea how much nano tech of that type would change the world?

Isn't the fact that the Black Panther suit is a sewn fabric that can absorb, maintain and redirect kinectic energy impressive enough? It's an amazing invention.
    Are you purposely missing Wakanda's entire point? They do not care to share their advanced technologies with the rest of the world. Iron Man's nano suit also clearly had limits hence Thanos still beating him and only barely letting him live; Green Lantern he was not.

Ultimate Member

Because Pym Particles are inherently fantastical. They are magic beans made in a lab. The Iron Man suit started out as something genuinely believable. Seeind all those different parts come together in a way that felt mechanical. Even in Iron Man 3 they found a way for him to easily suit up that still felt believable, and more importantly, felt tactile. I could feel that suit. invention

The final battle in Iron Man 3 felt to me like the max potentital Iron Man had, and it was awesome. The only other way to improve would be him having a high atmosphete satelite that followed Tony and could send him random parts of various suits so he could combine them for various purposes. Nano suits destroys that feeling of having seeing a real scientifical creation because there is no logic or texture to it.

For all intents and purposes Iron Man became Green Lantern.

That seems like a weird complaint. Pym gets to be magic but Stark doesn't? I'd rather Stark have a more interesting power set than just the basics, and I found nanobots more consistent than Pym particles

May as well just say "Henshin" whenever they put the suit on .

Tony is just as comfortable programing the most advanced A.I. in the world as he is at engineering complex mechanical suits composed of various parts that can individually fly, as he is at nanobots, as he is at perfectly creating fusion power in a small circle and in a giant power plant that also acts as a tower, as he is at inventing freaking time travel. There is no field of science or engineering that he has any trouble in.

Hank Pym is also another dude that apparently can do anything he wants in science and engineering. He invents the pym particles, but he also learns how to communicate with ants, and he creates two flying suits with lasers. And the whole laboratory he uses to travel to the quantumverse.

Oh and all of them apparently know how to quickly make suits for every enviroment. Hank Pym creates that suit to travel to the quantumverse and Tony has built several different suits for Peter and the Avengers.
    Eh, that's still not as out there as some examples of Omnidisciplinary Scientist: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...inaryScientist.

Everything they do is within the realm of their fields.

Stark is an engineer, physicist and roboticists. He needed Banner's help to build Ultron and later awaken. Banner is described as a physicist, an expert on gamma radiation and bio organics (as per Stark in AoU).

The time machine was a group effort combining Stark Tech with the Guardians.

Hank is a combination of an entomologist and a bio physicist.We also can't ignore the potential contributions of Janet, Bill Foster and Ghost's father to his work. Unlike his comic counterpart, he doesn't make a complete detour from his chosen field to build a killer robot. All of his stuff revolves around being able to shrink and talk to ants.

Disagree. For IM and BP it's the natural conclusion of their years of tech development.

For Peter, I'm fine with specialized suits if it's an Avengers level threat that he has to face. Otherwise I prefer him in normal spandex.

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING Marvel's Eternals Receives R Rating in International Market

Marvel's Eternals Gets Mature Rating in Russia
    Marvel's Eternals, a film rated PG-13 in the United States, receives an 18+ rating in Russia, seemingly due to the inclusion of LGBTQ+ characters.

https://www.cbr.com/marvels-eternals...rating-russia/