Page 293 of 761 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 11410

Marvel's Eternals Actor Confirms Unexploded Bomb Delayed MCU Production

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...roduction-bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I agree with your review. Really fun, solid episode...but some quick and dirty work arounds that don't satisfy. There's also some contradictions regarding how....certain items....work beyond their own reality. But the episode was still a ton of fun, and the flaws are easy to forgive because it's What If and while (I guess?) it's "technically" MCU multiverse canon, it still feels disconnected enough to play by its own rules. I feel like it hit a nice balance between the comedy focused episodes and the dark ones; this episode was definitely heavy, but it didn't feel as joyless as some of the others. Next week must be the finale right?

Surprised there's not more talk about it here, honestly.

Hope your ears feel better.
    spoilers:
    They've never stated the stones don't work in different realities, that is a comic thing.

They just don't work in the TVA. Just how no magic worked in the TVA. The TVA got some sort of weird thing about it. Magic obviously works in other universes
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've learned that to some degree the What If's benefit a lot from not thinking about the changes and plot developments too much .
    If you treat it as a stand alone cartoon instead as "part of the MCU," it is much better.

Trying to make sense of everything.... doesn't work lol

spoilers:
    Thanos the most powerful being in the universe is apparently a jobber lol
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That spoilers:
    Thanos
    end of spoilers scene gave me a good laugh.

If i had a magic MCU genie to redo stuff

I would have done the episodes different.

Star-Challa- Ep1 & 2. Show us more of what T'challa did growing up. More show, less tell.

Marvel Zombies- Ep 3 & 4. Really good episode but needed more time.

Dark Strange - Ep 5. This felt like the most narratively tight episode, it really didn't need much longer time. Probably the best single episode in the show.

Party Thor- Ep 6-7. Need another light hearted ish episodes and i think you can do more with this concept.

UltraVision- ep 8 & 9.

I didn't find the captain carter to be different enough to warrant an episode, the murder mystery avengers was just ****, and killmonger is just getting sacrificed to have better party thor episide lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Star-Challa- Ep1 & 2. Show us more of what T'challa did growing up. More show, less tell.

Dark Strange - Ep 5. This felt like the most narratively tight episode, it really didn't need much longer time. Probably the best single episode in the show.

Party Thor- Ep 6-7. Need another light hearted ish episodes and i think you can do more with this concept.

UltraVision- ep 8 & 9.

I didn't find the captain carter to be different enough to warrant an episode, the murder mystery avengers was just ****, and killmonger is just getting sacrificed to have better party thor episide lol
    I'm just waiting for them to show us that Captain Carter somehow lead into WW3 with Superheroes just before Uatu grabs her .

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

UltraVision- ep 8 & 9.

So you're saying you don't like Sam Jackson's Nick Fury?!! He was in the Captain Carter and the Death of the Avengers episodes! Iron Man and Nick Fury are two of my favorite MCU characters.

I was pissed (and so were PLENTY of other fans) that Jackson's role was so diminished in Phase 3. That's why I'm happy to be seeing him again in Secret Invasion. Besides RDJ, it was actually Jackson who got me into the MCU. When I was reading comics, Fury was white. But I love Jackson's interpretation of that character.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-02-2021 at 11:58 AM.

What If is the most uneven show so far. Some concepts need more than one episode to be explored, others need to have been thought through better and there are loads of inconsistencies.

Captain Carter, Star T'Challa, evil Hank Pym and the Killmonger/Stark eps were good. People like the Dr Strange ep because of it's downer ending but ultimately I thought it could have been done better. Especially since Christine was portrayed as his ex in the first movie. I would like to have seen a better divergent point.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ikaris and Superman comparisons .

Looks like the Superman comparisons are intentional.

spoilers:
    Which makes it all the more likely that he will be the villain at the end of the movie alongside Barry Keoghan's Druig.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Looks like the Superman comparisons are intentional.
    There's no way they aren't. Look at the cgi when Ikarus uses his eye lasers, it is almost exactly the same as Man of Steel era Superman; different color but the way it lights up the veins around his eye sockets, the whole thing, it is far, far too similar to be unintentional.

Whether that makes your theory more or less likely.....I think you're probably right but I dunno if I'd go so far as to say it's "likely" yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    There's no way they aren't. Look at the cgi when Ikarus uses his eye lasers, it is almost exactly the same as Man of Steel era Superman; different color but the way it lights up the veins around his eye sockets, the whole thing, it is far, far too similar to be unintentional.

Whether that makes your theory more or less likely.....I think you're probably right but I dunno if I'd go so far as to say it's "likely" yknow?
    I mean, at this point, there are more dickhead evil supermen around that regular superman lol

So, you could guess and have a high percent of being right.

Ha, that's true. But since none of us are industry insiders (right?) guessing is exactly what we're doing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone think that this IATSE strike could push back some projects?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"