Page 296 of 775 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 11623

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    To be fair, those leaks are supposed to be ‘pre-vis’ work, which is basically storyboarding for cgi scenes. So they wouldn’t be ‘good’ cgi yet. But they could still just be fake. One of the two, lol
    It doesn't even look like that quality. And usually when they do concepts, it's drawn, not CGI yet. This was someone who's barely taken 3-D modeling and rendering. The "Wanda" is just some random model put in there that has a bloody scar down her face.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Watcher already appeared in live action in GotG Vol 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3GIYt7x4A

If I've learned anything from years of watching Marvel Studios, it's that if they do a movie or a show, there is bound to be a purpose to it. Agatha is the first witch without an asterik that we've seen in the MCU. There is loads of potential in exploring what witches were up to in the MCU, how they differ from Strange's brand of sorcery and introducing more magical characters into the MCU outside of Dr Strange.

Plus, given where Wanda's show left her off, it's only fair that we get to see what happened to Agatha afterwards. Maybe she escaped from her enchantment or somebody helped her out of it..

What If ? wasn't as good as the other shows. Though I hope this doesn't deter Marvel from making more animated action shows.

Uhhhhhh.....

I agree that Marvel Studios projects each have reasons for existing. At least they have so far. And I AM curious to see what Agatha has been up to after WandaVision. Hopefully her show will deal with the aftermath of what happened in Westview. I thought the actors and actresses within the Hex did a really good job with their portrayals. We'll see if Harkness's series will dive into magic. To me, only Doctor Strange's movie actually covered it in detail. I strongly prefer Hahn's project to be a sequel to WandaVision with flashbacks as opposed to being a prequel. As I said before, I really liked Kathryn Hahn's performance in WandaVision and thought she was somewhat underutilized. But I think she needs strong supporting characters to help her. I don't see her carrying a show on her own at the moment. I feel the same way about Echo's series as well. Alaqua Cox looks great, but I've never heard of her before much less seen her. That's why I think it would be helpful if Ms. Cox had strong supporting performers to assist her as well. But I should know better than to ever underestimate Marvel Studios though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah but those guys weren't What If's Watcher.

I dunno about anyone else, but I am quite curious to see how the mid-credits scene plays out in season 2. I am really digging Captain Carter. If Marvel wanted to do a full show about her I'd watch the hell out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Those were watchers,not the watcher or not Uatu The Watcher etc..
    I know it's not Uatu but the point is that the Watchers race does exist in the MCU and has appeared before What If.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    MCU Woo is too comedic for me to buy this happening without at least a lot of changes.
    If they do make the show, it's not going to be predicated on how accurate Woo is to his comic book counterpart. Most MCU characters aren't exactly like their comic book counterparts.

It's going to depend on whether Park can carry a show/movie (he's proven leading material so no worries there) and his availability.

And with almost 30 MCU projects supposedly in the works, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was an Agents of Atlas show. It also feels like the most logical route to go. Also put Shang Chi on the team.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The rumors keep on coming. First Agatha Harkness, now Monica Rambeau.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/mo...y-plus-marvel/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If they do make the show, it's not going to be predicated on how accurate Woo is to his comic book counterpart. Most MCU characters aren't exactly like their comic book counterparts.

It's going to depend on whether Park can carry a show/movie (he's proven leading material so no worries there) and his availability.

And with almost 30 MCU projects supposedly in the works, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was an Agents of Atlas show. It also feels like the most logical route to go. Also put Shang Chi on the team.
    I guess if it's a ragtag bunch of misfits that Woo has to somehow corral...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I guess this would follow The Marvels.

Would we finally find out what happened to Monica's dad?

I wonder if now that Disney owns buffy if they will bring slayers into the mu. I could totally see blade training young slayers as a sort of first watcher.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I assume we'll see the rest of the Watchers show up to deal with what Uatu did in the season finale.
    I could see that happening, absolutely.

Captain Carter is fun but it seems like it rides so much on showing us "look how awesome Peggy Carter is!" that it doesn't really do much to differentiate her from Steve...and then she apparently can just follow the plots of his movies, his relationships, etc. with barely any change.
    It *is* odd that the Carter universe seems the least changed, and the least damaged by the changes. All these other realities end up getting screwed in one way or another by the divergence in history, but Carter's seems.....fine?

I dunno, it feels to me like Carter and Star-Lord T'Challa were both developed with bigger things in mind, and hence their realities had to be a little more....stable. They both feel like they were made for more than just a couple oddball What If appearances yknow? I won't be surprised if Carter gets some serious live action screen time, or an animated spin-off (word is T'Challa was getting on before Chadwick died). So her world can't just immediately start falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Hell yeah, bring it on. I really liked the actress who played Monica (forget her name, too lazy to google) and she opens up a lot of fun story avenues.

Get Blue Marvel in the mix and I will straight up squee like a schoolgirl!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I wonder if now that Disney owns buffy if they will bring slayers into the mu. I could totally see blade training young slayers as a sort of first watcher.
    There's already plenty of monster hunters in the comics, and Disney hasn't forced Star Wars, Aliens, or Predators into the main MU so I doubt we'll see Buffy or any associated organizations either. Maybe the acquisition will encourage Marvel to better define their own "supernatural monster" corner of the world, but I doubt we'll see true crosspollination.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I could see that happening, absolutely.

It *is* odd that the Carter universe seems the least changed, and the least damaged by the changes. All these other realities end up getting screwed in one way or another by the divergence in history, but Carter's seems.....fine?

I dunno, it feels to me like Carter and Star-Lord T'Challa were both developed with bigger things in mind, and hence their realities had to be a little more....stable. They both feel like they were made for more than just a couple oddball What If appearances yknow? I won't be surprised if Carter gets some serious live action screen time, or an animated spin-off (word is T'Challa was getting on before Chadwick died). So her world can't just immediately start falling apart.

Hell yeah, bring it on. I really liked the actress who played Monica (forget her name, too lazy to google) and she opens up a lot of fun story avenues.

Get Blue Marvel in the mix and I will straight up squee like a schoolgirl!

There's already plenty of monster hunters in the comics, and Disney hasn't forced Star Wars, Aliens, or Predators into the main MU so I doubt we'll see Buffy or any associated organizations either. Maybe the acquisition will encourage Marvel to better define their own "supernatural monster" corner of the world, but I doubt we'll see true crosspollination.
    I didn't mean like buffy itself, i think buffy is a'ok at boom, i more mean the term slayer as a empowered being that hunts vampires rather than a cross between the two but i can see how the "watcher" thing makes it read that way. I guess i meant trainer.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Tbh,an Agents of Atlas show sounds much more reasonable to me than an Agatha Harkness show

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I didn't mean like buffy itself, i think buffy is a'ok at boom, i more mean the term slayer as a empowered being that hunts vampires rather than a cross between the two but i can see how the "watcher" thing makes it read that way. I guess i meant trainer.
    Ah okay I see what you mean. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Blade's debut in the MCU inspires Marvel to put more development and attention on the "monster" corner of things, and that will naturally lead to them developing a tighter mythos around vampire hunters and such. So in that way, I can see some symmetry being created. But I don't know if Buffy would really move the needle too much one way or the other, but it won't hurt any either.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-08-2021 at 07:05 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I guess if they were planning spinoffs it made sense their Earths were ostensibly the most better off and them still relatively unchanged despite the divergence point, although like with Ego in the Star-Lord T'Challa world (not that it seems like that actually succeeded though) I was speculating that the shoe would drop on Captain Carter's Earth when Civil War or Thanos hit.

I guess if they were planning spinoffs it made sense their Earths were ostensibly the most better off and them still relatively unchanged despite the divergence point, although like with Ego in the Star-Lord T'Challa world (not that it seems like that actually succeeded though) I was speculating that the shoe would drop on Captain Carter's Earth when Civil War or Thanos hit.
    That's kind of what I'm thinking. If the plan is/was to give these guys their own shows, then we won't see their worlds go sideways in the one-off, ensemble show that is What If. That stuff will happen in the solo projects (with maybe What If providing some setup and a launch pad).

Again, that's *if* solo projects were the plan. The way those episodes were built, it feels like a real possibility. But who knows for sure?

Oh, as for when/where Carter's world goes to sh*t? I'm guessing it might actually be around "Winter Soldier." In the films, Steve was able to finish his mission and stop project Insight despite Bucky's involvement. But if Captain Carter ends up facing off against....that person from the mid-credits teaser...who might be her world's version of the Soldier.....she may not be able to finish the job and Insight will go live. Just a guess.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-08-2021 at 07:17 PM.

~ Black Panther.

I think we probably have to consider that the "Agatha Harkness show" might not exactly be just an Agatha solo. Armor Wars was kind of announced as a "War Machine show", and Secret Invasion as a "Nick Fury show". It could be just a prequel showing what she's done over the years, but that does sound random.

Niffleheim

It might deal with her past and the aftermath of Multiverse of Madness
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

What blockbuster? China spurns Hollywood's advances
    Regulators freeze out U.S. blockbusters as Chinese audiences become harder to woo
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Bus...ood-s-advances