Page 297 of 775 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 11619
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think we probably have to consider that the "Agatha Harkness show" might not exactly be just an Agatha solo. Armor Wars was kind of announced as a "War Machine show", and Secret Invasion as a "Nick Fury show". It could be just a prequel showing what she's done over the years, but that does sound random.
    This seems like a fairly good possibility. I could definitely see this being the case with Agatha's show (assuming she'll even get one)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think we probably have to consider that the "Agatha Harkness show" might not exactly be just an Agatha solo. Armor Wars was kind of announced as a "War Machine show", and Secret Invasion as a "Nick Fury show". It could be just a prequel showing what she's done over the years, but that does sound random.
    This is very true. Even WandaVision evolved from what was initially announced just as a ''Scarlet Witch show''. Shows in early development can go through many changes until they get the proper greenlight for production.

My guess is that this show will be a spiritual successor to WandaVision. Like, yeah, we know DSITMOM will be the ''next chapter'' for Wanda, but I think they'll be moving away from all those concepts from WandaVision, while this show will probably take us back to Westview so we can see the aftermath of the WV finale, and that's how we get Agatha. Someone or something will probably break her free from the sitcom spell, and then the story goes from there. I bet it'll also tie in with some other story that Marvel is trying to tell on the supernatural side of things. Maybe it'll end up being a Darkhold or Midnight Sons kind of show.

Or it might not even end up being a full fledged show and will be a special like the GOTG Holiday and Werewolf By Night Halloween thing they're doing on D+.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-09-2021 at 05:13 AM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but those 2 have a lot of history in the comics. Agatha is an obscure character without a lot of solo potential IMO. Tbf, some characters should get a shot at a solo project, but Agatha seems low on the list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    What blockbuster? China spurns Hollywood's advances
    Regulators freeze out U.S. blockbusters as Chinese audiences become harder to woo
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Bus...ood-s-advances
    You'd think, as a species, we'd be trying to get along more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This is very true. Even WandaVision evolved from what was initially announced just as a ''Scarlet Witch show''. Shows in early development can go through many changes until they get the proper greenlight for production.

My guess is that this show will be a spiritual successor to WandaVision. Like, yeah, we know DSITMOM will be the ''next chapter'' for Wanda, but I think they'll be moving away from all those concepts from WandaVision, while this show will probably take us back to Westview so we can see the aftermath of the WV finale, and that's how we get Agatha. Someone or something will probably break her free from the sitcom spell, and then the story goes from there. I bet it'll also tie in with some other story that Marvel is trying to tell on the supernatural side of things. Maybe it'll end up being a Darkhold or Midnight Sons kind of show.

Or it might not even end up being a full fledged show and will be a special like the GOTG Holiday and Werewolf By Night Halloween thing they're doing on D+.
    Those options sound better to me than just an Agatha show. Maybe Scarlet Witch herself can show up

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Captain Carter is fun but it seems like it rides so much on showing us "look how awesome Peggy Carter is!" that it doesn't really do much to differentiate her from Steve...and then she apparently can just follow the plots of his movies, his relationships, etc. with barely any change.
    Exactly how I feel.

She's fine for a 20 minute cartoon but it was just Captain America: TFA with an added dash of fake Iron Man and "omg Cap is a girl" added.

Kinda like Party Thor really. Fine 20 minute cartoon, no real substance there.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Party Thor was just Marvel meets Looney Tunes. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I would definitely assume an Agatha show would dive deeper into the darker side of Marvel magic and maybe tie-in with stuff like Blade and Werewolf by Night.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kinda like Party Thor really. Fine 20 minute cartoon, no real substance there.
    I guess that fits for a more shallow version of Thor, but I feel like they really didn't mine enough of that. Like, it really should be a bad thing instead of just an excuse to throw a wild teen party plot into a Marvel cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Party Thor was just Marvel meets Looney Tunes. Lol.
    Including the names of places just randomly appearing in the sky.

A lot of 'What If's' fall apart if you think about them too much. That's probably why it didn't catch up on like WV and Falcon & WS did. Like in TFA, the movie firmly establishes Steve's aptitude for the shield when we see him use everything from a car door to a trash can lid prior to getting the shield. That's why he turned down everything else Howard Stark had to offer in favor of a shield. Meanwhile, Peggy was shown to be more comfortable with guns, even tagging that Hydra goon with ease from a long distance. So why would she suddenly become a shield slinger after getting the serum? She would be wielding uzi's like she did in the TFA finale. That's before we get into the fact that a big part of Agent Carter was how often Peggy was held back or had a door slammed in her face. So I can't buy her being so smoothly able to slip into the 'Captain America' role so easily.

A lot of What If is just fanservice. Only a few of them feel like legit story telling avenues.

Part of that might have been to avoid spoilers. Like Loki's show was originally said to be a prequel focusing on his exploits in the past and not a time travel show focusing on a Loki variant otherwise they would have spoiled Endgame. I can't recall WandaVision at any point being called anything but 'Wanda & Vision's' show and being a 'sitcom show'.

I agree that Agatha can't sustain a show without introducing some guest star from the comics. Blade, Wong, Damian Helstrom, somebody else has got to be in it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I can't recall WandaVision at any point being called anything but 'Wanda & Vision's' show and being a 'sitcom show'.
    Variety, the same source for the Agatha show, was the one who broke the news about WandaVision in 2018, and back then it was only described as a Scarlet Witch centered show, without a single mention of Vision at all: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/

A lot of 'What If's' fall apart if you think about them too much. That's probably why it didn't catch up on like WV and Falcon & WS did. Like in TFA, the movie firmly establishes Steve's aptitude for the shield when we see him use everything from a car door to a trash can lid prior to getting the shield. That's why he turned down everything else Howard Stark had to offer in favor of a shield. Meanwhile, Peggy was shown to be more comfortable with guns, even tagging that Hydra goon with ease from a long distance. So why would she suddenly become a shield slinger after getting the serum? She would be wielding uzi's like she did in the TFA finale. That's before we get into the fact that a big part of Agent Carter was how often Peggy was held back or had a door slammed in her face. So I can't buy her being so smoothly able to slip into the 'Captain America' role so easily.

A lot of What If is just fanservice. Only a few of them feel like legit story telling avenues.
    And power levels were sometimes all over the place or what the plot demanded. Like the infamous scene of Ultron!Vision just slicing Thanos in half when he had most of the Infinity Stones.

Variety, the same source for the Agatha show, was the one who broke the news about WandaVision in 2018, and back then it was only described as a Scarlet Witch centered show, without a single mention of Vision at all: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/l...ce-1202947551/
    Vision's involvement could have been kept under wraps. Plus it's not like Variety has a seat at the writers table to know how far along they were in those projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And power levels were sometimes all over the place or what the plot demanded. Like the infamous scene of Ultron!Vision just slicing Thanos in half when he had most of the Infinity Stones.
    I wouldn't call the scene infamous. I thought it was hilarious. Probably the funniest scene in the MCU.

Ultimate Member

It's probably still better than FaWS though.

A lot of 'What If's' fall apart if you think about them too much.

I think the fact that it was animated likely played a role in its reception too. Cartoons aren't widely accepted in the States as "legitimate" storytelling. Not saying that was a main cause of the show not catching on like the others did, just that it may have been a factor.

And while you're right that a lot of What If falls apart easily, the same can be said for any number of Marvel films and shows too, and I don't think What If tried too hard to have rock solid storytelling; it was supposed to be fun and bombastic and throw familiar scenarios at us with odd twists and we weren't meant to think too deep about any of it.

Its fanservice, but I think it wasn't meant to be much more than that either. It is what it is, yknow, and I enjoyed it for that even though, as you say, there's plenty of holes in the mix and under different circumstances I wouldn't give them such a free pass.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I thought a lot of people didn't want this show to be too intense or connected to the MCU. I know opinions differ but general opinion of this show seemed to widely fluctuate as it went on

BANNED

About the Agatha spin off, I am not sure this is a good idea. the character was most famous for a song and also she is not a movie character, I think marvel may be going over board here and may be too over confident to think they can just do anything but I feel this needs a better rethink as I don't feel people will care enough about the show. the show on paper is not worth a spin off compared to getting an actual season 2 of Wandavision.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-09-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Agatha has a lot they could go into from the source material. I hope they have New Salem and the Salem Seven. That they don't keep her a villain and even have Wanda come to her for advice.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.