Page 304 of 775 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 11619
    Ultimate Member

Tbf, funny doesn't always equal quip

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Tbf, funny doesn't always equal quip
    I wish Marvel Studios would learn this...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Drax is 100% dead lol.

Not only is his one note character becoming, well,one note... but Bautista has become a pain in the ass lol

i think they will keep Rocket alive, he is just too marketable.
    Drax might die but it feels so obvious.

Raccoons have short life span and Rocket has had the longest run out of all the Guardians. There is also a big chance that the third movie focuses on him.

A Guardians character has died in every movie thus far as well: the original Groot died in the first one (the new Groot is basically his child) and Yondu died in the second right after becoming a Guardians member himself.

Even if Rocket dies in the movie they can still feature him in spin offs, games and merchandise.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish Marvel Studios would learn this...
    It's somewhat true for the MCU already

Watched the first Iron Man movie again and I still think it's the best MCU movie and one of the best superhero movies ever. Perfect mix of humor and seriousness and RDJ was in his bag in this role with Jeff Bridges playing a pretty good villain

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    It's somewhat true for the MCU already
    I still think they have a serious issue with undercutting serious moments with jokes.

BANNED

I still think they have a serious issue with undercutting serious moments with jokes.
    Again, is this really a complaint when we know why. marvel has said, their movies has to remain light hearted. part of keeping that approach is using jokes to undercut serious moments because what jokes does is take away us the audience realizing the brutality and the seriousness of a situation.

Honestly I have been watching some comic book documentaries in general and I am just very happy A marvel story line like Days of Future Past will never be remade again at least not for the next 30 to 50 years, because in that movie all the future scenes had no jokes or no quipping and even the present days 1970s scene the jokes were limited down to almost a zero. a very different contrast to the MCU movies, because it just will make zero sense for any character to crack a joke when A I robots are slicing you to pieces. If Days of Future Past had been an MCU movie, I am not even sure marvel studios will have understood the meaning of what dystopia and mass genocide were supposed to be about.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-13-2021 at 10:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Watched the first Iron Man movie again and I still think it's the best MCU movie and one of the best superhero movies ever. Perfect mix of humor and seriousness and RDJ was in his bag in this role with Jeff Bridges playing a pretty good villain
    Regardless of how I objectively and artistically feel at most of the mcu movies now because of the Disney mass manufactured style housing. I will always have founder memories of phase 1 movies and tend to only see the big downside of phase 1 is that many of the movies compared to other not MCU films like X-MEN 2000 or Spiderman 2002, Phase 1 films felt kind of rushed with story telling just so that Avengers 2012 could happen.

I did once make a thread explaining how iron man 1 was the best mcu movie from an artistic pov and also dont forget with iron man 1. Very very impressive VFX.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    If Days of Future Past had been an MCU movie, I am not even sure marvel studios will have understood the meaning of what dystopia and mass genocide were supposed to be about.
    Eh, there wasn't a single joke from when Thanos showed up in Wakanda til Scott Lang showed back up in End Game.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Again, is this really a complaint when we know why. marvel has said, their movies has to remain light hearted. part of keeping that approach is using jokes to undercut serious moments because what jokes does is take away us the audience realizing the brutality and the seriousness of a situation.
    I don't think that's necessary though.

BANNED

I don't think that's necessary though.
    No it is not, but we are saying this as comic book fans and readers. For Disney it is necessary because disney feels comic films should be first appealing to kids and part of that is to use lots of jokes in films to sell that appeal.

It is nothing personal for Disney as it is many comic book fans who let's face it are not kids, However it is a product strategy for them they use that works.

No it is not, but we are saying this as comic book fans and readers. For Disney it is necessary because disney feels comic films should be first appealing to kids and part of that is to use lots of jokes in films to sell that appeal.

It is nothing personal for Disney as it is many comic book fans who let's face it are not kids, However it is a product strategy for them they use that works.
    It has nothign to do with Disney selling it to kids

It started with Iron Man and they copied it. Disney didn't make Iron Man. And IH made at the same timewasn't quippy.

Iron Man gave them a template of sorts but it got solidified by Whedon (who naturallly makes quippyp dialogue) and how well Avengers sold.

I have no problem at all with the quipping unless it is done at the wrong time
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 10-13-2021 at 12:34 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It has nothign to do with Disney selling it to kids

It started with Iron Man and they copied it. Disney didn't make Iron Man
    Guardians didn't help. I think that shifted things even further to being more comedic and irreverent when you're trying hard to sell the audience on something.

Marvel's Eternals Beats MCU Phase 4 Movies With Early Tickets Earnings
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...movies-tickets

Black Panther 2: Letitia Wright Responds to Controversial Set Report
    https://thedirect.com/article/black-...eport-response

Ultimate Member

I don't deny that. Ragnarok had quite a bit of that. My point is 'funny' doesn't always equal 'quip', even in the MCU