Page 306 of 775 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 11611
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda had 9 issues with anything X-Men. And was never a part of them. Reality warping is a big part of magic as well. .

First of all, its quality not quantity. In Wanda's personal case and the larger marvel universe, reality wrapping powers has worked better in more sci fiction and mutation based world of marvel than their more magical based world. Never said Magic does not have any claim on it, but the claim is far stronger with telepaths and psychics.

I remember on the TV/film discussion forum when Wandavision was airing in January, some quickly thought and said Wanda was like the MCU version of Jean Grey and the only reason she is that way is because marvel is saving Jean Grey.

Can you imagine the ignorance that anyone will think Wanda was a watered down Jean Grey? When Wanda should be more powerful than Jean Grey without Jean been enhanced by the Phoenix force

However The only reason for this ignorance beyond those that have zero clue on marvel comics and movies is that one of the easiest ways Wanda's powers was always explained was that she was some kind of psychic and we know for a fact which marvel series dwell the deepest into psychic related issues, that would be X-Men, not Avengers.

Wanda had over 50 years with the Avengers. Literally thousands of comics. Evolution ran counter to everything her character was for most of her career
    Again please see the idea where I said Wanda's kind of characters story arcs needs more than explosions, typical comic fights and world ending universe threats that has nothing to do with how far the genre has gone with story telling of psychoanalysis that feels smaller but much deeper in story telling and depth. lol
    Last edited by Castle; 10-15-2021 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    First of all, its quality not quantity. In Wanda's personal case and the larger marvel universe, reality wrapping powers has worked better in more sci fiction and mutation based world of marvel than their more magical based world. Never said Magic does not have any claim on it, but the claim is far stronger with telepaths and psychics.

I remember on the TV/film discussion forum when Wandavision was airing in January, some quickly thought and said Wanda was like the MCU version of Jean Grey and the only reason she is that way is because marvel is saving Jena Grey, can you imagine the ignorance that anyone will think Wanda was a watered down Jean Grey?

However The only reason for this ignorance beyond those that have zero clue on marvel comics and movies is that one of the easiest ways Wanda powers was always explained was that she was some kind of psychic and we know for a fact which marvel series dwell the deepest into psychic related issues, that would be X-Men, not Avengers.

Again please see the idea where I said Wanda kind of characters story arcs needs more than explosions, typical comic fights and world ending universe threats that has nothing to do with how far the genre has gone with story telling of psychoanalysis. lol
    There's plenty of quality in her history of comics. I don't consider Evolution quality. Wanda isn't a telepath or a psychic. The movies just messed up her powers initially. It wasn't because it was the easiest. Whedon just didn't know much about her. They eventually started moving her powers closer to her comics counterpart.

Wanda's character doesn't need more explosions lol. Wth? That would be really off for her.

Also magic IS reality warping. So no mutant world doesn't do it better.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-14-2021 at 09:06 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

There's plenty of quality in her history of comics. I don't consider Evolution quality. Wanda isn't a telepathic or a psychic. The movies just messed up her powers initially. It wasn't because it was the easiest. .
    I would give Evolution actual story telling quality over wandavision because Wanda was more raw on the show, Evolution did not need to water it down to the sitcom laugh track with wandavsion, which I put more on Disney and their quest to bring the ABC family spin to marvel , xmen evoltiuon was more Buffy The Vampire Style WB based so more challenging story could be told than it been excluded from Disney plus. Additionally with Wandavision the plot was stretched thin. You could have condensed the first 3 episodes to 1 episode. In screen writing your quality is only as good as your writing gets more compelling and you cannot get mthat when you water down your story or need to contained it to one box. Evolution got gritter and more complex in story and part of it was because of characters like Wanda, Mystique and Rogue.

Also who is to say Wanda is or isn't a telepath officially LOL. the truth is even marvel itself never really explained her powers. We do know she was a mutant though before the retcon and we do know her powers worked very similar to telepaths and dont forget telekinesis which would be very Jean Grey, hence the comparisons.

Wanda's character doesn't need more explosions lol. Wth? That would be really off for her.
    No she does not, however we are talking of wanda here in movies, where they need explosions. In xmen you really dont need that, which is why she works better there because she is seen more as a telepathic kind of character. It is be far more worth it right now to see Wanda in a more astral plane kind of fight than whatever third CGI arc Marvel would do in the future.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-14-2021 at 09:30 AM.

I would give Evolution actual story telling quality over wandavision because Wanda was more raw on the show, Evolution did not need to water it down to the sitcom laugh track with wandavsion, which I put more on Disney and their quest to bring the ABC family spin to marvel , xmen evoltiuon was more Buffy The Vampire Style WB based so more challenging story could be told than it been excluded from Disney plus. In screen writing your quality is only as good as your writing gets more impressive and you cannot get more impressive when you water down your story or need to contained it to one box. Evolution got gritter and more complex in story and part of it was because of characters like Wanda and Rogue.

Also who is to say Aanda is or isnt a telepath officially , the truth is even marvel itself never really explained her powers, we do know she was a mutant though before the retcon and we do know her powers worked very similar to telepaths and dont forget telekinesis which would be very Jean Grey, hence the comparisons.

No she does not, however she is in the mcu, where they need explosions. In xmen you really dont need that, which is why she works better there. It is be far more worth it right now to see Wanda in a more astral plane kind of fight than what third CGI arc Marvel would do in the future.
    Wanda isn't a raw character though. I know you like it but it wasn't true to who she is.

Marvel has explained her powers. They've gone into detail several times about it. She has telekinesis with Chaos Magic. She does not have telepathy. Telekinesis that she uses is not with her mind but with magic from her hands. She's not in anyway close to Jean Grey and shouldn't be because Whedon didn't do his research.

If you want more explosions, watch a Michael Bay movie.

BANNED

Wanda isn't a raw character though. I know you like it but it wasn't true to who she is.

Marvel has explained her powers. They've gone into detail several times about it. She has telekinesis with Chaos Magic. She does not have telepathy. Telekinesis that she uses is not with her mind but with magic from her hands. She's not in anyway close to Jean Grey and shouldn't be because Whedon didn't do his research.
    Please see back when I said Wanda is a layered character. You can strip it down or not depending on what a writer will want. this also goes back to the jokes and quips we were talking about. the sitcom aspect of wandavision is marvel sticking to their jokes and quips, than actually thinking about what they can do with Wanda.

Psychic powers are vast. they range from reality wrapping, to telepathy and telekinesis, What Wanda did in Wandavision can also be classified as telepathic powers, because she created a false reality for herself, which is very similar to what Xavier and Jasion Stryker did in X-MEN 2. You can do that with telepathy.

Marvel never explained her powers in a way that has ever been convincing and they just muddled it more when they retconned it.

If you want more explosions, watch a Michael Bay movie.
    Avengers movies have explosions as much as Michael Bay movies, sometimes even more. it is one of their most common criticism. Wanda indirectly single handily wrecked a city in Age of Ultron when she set Hulk loose in Johannesburg.

To say Marvel films dont have explosions like the Machael bay films is like saying JJ Abrams movies have no lens flare. Not to mention James Cameron and John Landis once said all what marvel films do is makes things explode and with all respect, those guys were not lying.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-14-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Please see back when I said Wanda is a layered character. You can strip it down or not depending on what a writer will want. this also goes back to the jokes and quips we were talking about. the sitcom aspect of wandavision is marvel sticking to their jokes and quips, than actually thinking about what they can do with Wanda.

Marvel never explained her powers in a way that has ever been convincing and they just muddled it more when they retconned it.

Avengers movies have explosions as much as Michael Bay movie, sometimes even more. it is one of their most common criticism. Wanda indirectly single handily wrecked a city in Age of Ultron when she set Hulk loose in Johannesburg.

To say Marvel films dont have explosions like the Machael bay films is like saying JJ Abrams movies have no lens flare. Not to mention James Cameron and John Lanids would just be lying when they said, all what marvel films do is makes things explode and with all respect, those guys were not lying.
    Wanda is a layered character. None of those layers were of her being raw.

They did go into full detail of her powers many times. The one constant is that she's not a psychic or a telepath. You not wanting to accept that doesn't make it not convincing.

Wanda isn't about explosions. You seem to want her to be some hard core action character with psychic powers that was always with the X-Men. Which runs counter to everything the character is.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd rather Voodoo and Strange team up.

I'm a simple man wanting simple stories I guess lol
    I wonder if they're ever going to do anything with Jericho after killing his brother off in Strange 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'm not sure why they have to fight. If it's a story about the multiverse, why not just make it about that?
    Well, it's a team-up tradition but it also allows for a fight with spectacle and a chance for Strange and Wanda to show off against each other.

BANNED

Speaking of comedies and quips. these may be of interest.

https://screenrant.com/hawkeye-show-...n-disney-plus/
    Hawkeye Trailer: Clint Barton Turns Into A Comedic Superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they're ever going to do anything with Jericho after killing his brother off in Strange 1.

Well, it's a team-up tradition but it also allows for a fight with spectacle and a chance for Strange and Wanda to show off against each other.
    Or have interactions like they've had in comics. They are hardly strangers in comics. And only ever fought when Wanda was possessed.

BANNED

Wanda is a layered character. None of those layers were of her being raw.

She was Raw in House of M. her most famous story line, which is actually more of an X-MEN based story

They did go into full detail of her powers many times. The one constant is that she's not a psychic or a telepath. You not wanting to accept that doesn't make it not convincing.

They not going full detail is part of the issue and in the long run the consequences. it is also not about accepting what is as you think I am, because Wanda's power definition in marvel history became a case of perception is reality. This is also why marvel even till now has had little success convincing readers she and Quicksilver are not mutants even after the retcon.

Wanda isn't about explosions. You seem to want her to be some hard core action character with psychic powers that was always with the X-Men. Which runs counter to everything the character is.

Nope. I never said that. I said the opposite of that. In fact I said Wanda was more better suited for X-MEN because X-MEN does better addressing themes of psychoanalysis and mental struggles than Avengers does because Avengers tend to be more world ending big threats kind of stories than personal smaller individual stories that are common in every day life and X-MEN tend to have less action and more drama filled with soap opera subplots than Avengers.

She was Raw in House of M. her most famous story line, which is actually more of an X-MEN based story

They not going full detail is part of the issue and in the long run the consequences. it is also not about accepting what is as you think I am, because Wanda's power definition in marvel history became a case of perception is reality. This is also why marvel even till now has had little success convincing readers she and Quicksilver are not mutants even after the retcon.

Nope. I never said that. I said the opposite of that. In fact I said Wanda was more better suited for X-MEN because X-MEN does better addressing themes of psychoanalysis and mental struggles than Avengers does because Avengers tend to be more world ending big threats kind of stories than personal smaller individual stories that are common in every day life and X-MEN tend to have less action and more drama filled with soap opera subplots than Avengers.
    Which was the storyline that depicted her the least like herself, so much so that they had to write later that she was possessed. It's only popular because it gets parroted by people that don't really read much or anything about the character in general fandom. Same people that thought that Cap and Tony were married in the main universe.

They went into full detail. I think you misread. Her power definition is not undefined. They have a hard time convincing people because again, people go on perception and not reality. More so for Wanda than Pietro. Because Pietro actually spent time on the X-side and had character defining stories there. People like to instead dream up stuff instead of what is actually canon. Also, Wanda's powers don't have anything to do with being a mutant. Chaos magic worked with her mutant gene but didn't come from it. It came from Chthon and that's been a thing since the 70s, it just wasn't called chaos magic until Busiek.

Wanda is better suited for Avengers. Which were her far better and more developed stories for now 57 years. Comics entirely are not good at dealing with mental struggles.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-14-2021 at 01:10 PM.

I really don't see Wanda being the villain of MoM. The post credit scene indicates she might mess with something she's not equipped to deal with but the trailers for Far From Home don't make me think that Strange is any less complicit in what MoM will be about. She's messing with the multiverse and so is he. They're on par with each other.

And they aren't even the ones that messed with it the most. The multiversal break happened in Loki. It'll probably bring a ton of Kangs into the main MCU verse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah but does every movie have to go in that direction? While I'd like to see a battle between them, it has to have good reasoning or else it falls apart

At least he'd have an actual personality

Or have interactions like they've had in comics. They are hardly strangers in comics. And only ever fought when Wanda was possessed.
    They haven't really interacted much in the movies. All Strange would probably know about Wanda now is Westview, assuming they finally explain why he was an utter no-show.

I can see the Fraction run here.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Yeah but does every movie have to go in that direction? While I'd like to see a battle between them, it has to have good reasoning or else it falls apart
    I mean, that's kind of what it comes down to for writers...
    At least he'd have an actual personality
    Or a more overt one.