Page 308 of 773 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 11592

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Clint looks like he has PTSD when he sees the play.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clint looks like he has PTSD when he sees the play.
    Maybe he is just mortified by it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I didn't say WandaVision was bad. I said the MCU started out giving her the wrong powers. The show has issues, but it's not terrible. I didn't particularly care how depression was depicted as selfish in the commercials. But those might have been depictions of Wanda's self-conscience.
    I don't really mind her having those powers alongside her more nebulous comics powers

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't really mind her having those powers alongside her more nebulous comics powers
    I feel like if they don't use the nightmare powers a lot, it's fine. But they started out not really having Wanda's powers like her own. Now they are putting her more in line with her comics counterpart. And with her finally getting her Scarlet Witch costume, it feels like the character is herself for the first time in that aspect.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

I feel like if they don't use the nightmare powers a lot, it's fine. But they started out not really having Wanda's powers like her own. Now they are putting her more in line with her comics counterpart. And with her finally getting her Scarlet Witch costume, it feels like the character is herself for the first time in that aspect.
    I think it's because her comics abilities haven't always been consistent, or haven't really been interesting enough

I think it's because her comics abilities haven't always been consistent, or haven't really been interesting enough
    Since the 70s they have been pretty consistent. And given more definition in the 90s. I think they are pretty clear. Chaos magic has everything she was able to do under it's umbrella. Probabilities, reality warping, etc. It hasn't really changed that drastically. I don't think it's difficult to get. Like I said, Whedon just didn't know much about her. If it were impossible or even hard, they wouldn't be putting her closer to her powers now.

Ultimate Member

Since the 70s they have been pretty consistent. And given more definition in the 90s. I think they are pretty clear. Chaos magic has everything she was able to do under it's umbrella. Probabilities, reality warping, etc. It hasn't really changed that drastically. I don't think it's difficult to get. Like I said, Whedon just didn't know much about her. If it were impossible or even hard, they wouldn't be putting her closer to her powers now.
    Personally I'm not 100% sure about how chaos magic works.

I don't think they should have brought up the mind control back in WandaVision to be honest but I guess it built into how her powers developed.

Personally I'm not 100% sure about how chaos magic works.
    It's like any other form of magic. It involves pretty much anything magic can do. But it's source is different from other forms.

BANNED

I don't think they should have brought up the mind control back in WandaVision to be honest but I guess it built into how her powers developed.
    Marvel is still playing fast and loose with wanda's powers in the MCU, I do think the endgame will still be her becoming a mutant once they start making their xmen movies, they have already brought in Evan Peters Quicksilver to test the waters and it worked, fans went wild for Evan Peters in Wandavision and loved the dynamic between him and Olsen, to the point some fans had melt downs and wept when it was revealed he was not the ''real quicksilver'' but some random dude called Ralph Bohner.

However marvel has told fans to be patient and they will reveal more with Evan Peters QS, and if we follow marvel's record with how the Mandarin went, we got the fake one in Iron Man 3 and the real Mandarin version in Shang Chi, So I do think that is where Wanda will be heading in terms of built up. It will be revealed she has been a mutant all along, Also Bringing back her mind control powers is very Jean Grey and Xavier territory, don't see how MCU is not going to seize more opportunity with that.

Telepaths are hard to explain away

Hence why every Xmen movie has to spend X amount of time explain why Charles didn't just fix everything.

Theyre annoyin glol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Uh, telepathy can have limits. Writers just don't write them out. It doesn't have to solve everything.

And I don't see why Wanda can't have it. Not many Avengers seem to have psychic powers so this adds some variety

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Telepaths are hard to explain away

Hence why every Xmen movie has to spend X amount of time explain why Charles didn't just fix everything.

Theyre annoyin glol
    they are not that hard to explain away when it usually depends on the writing. Also telepathic battles are only far more interesting and unique to watch when the battle is more physic based like on an Astral plane. As I said ealrier with all the well deserving harsh criticism many comic films get now because of the cgi 3rd arc, introducing telepathic battles would be something fresh.

Also this is why X-MEN should have been separate from the MCU because marvel loves their telepaths, marvel has never said it officially but if you look at their history, telepathic mutant characters have gotten the most attention or most complex story arc from Xavier, Legion, Cable, Jean Grey, Psylocke, The Phoenix. it is just easier to buy that when it contained to only X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    they are not that hard to explain away when it usually depends on the writing. .
    The fact that you have to spend time doing this every single movie is tiresome though.

Hopefully cerebro isn't introduced at all in the MCU.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The fact that you have to spend time doing this every single movie is tiresome though.

Hopefully cerebro isn't introduced at all in the MCU.
    Cant remember most of all the past movies but Xavier was somehow neutralised in the first two films, he died in the third film and in DOFP he refused to shut down mystique telepathically because he wanted her to make the choice for herself not to kill trask. cant remember the other films and xavier's role, so that is it a nut shell, I do remember first class getting criticism because some said, xavier could have just put the bortherhood all to sleep even if you can excuse that because he was more focused on trying to control magneto and shaw, bit this issue did come up of the highs and lows of telepathy and this is why it is the job of writers to be smart when they write around it

As for Cerebro. sorry, but Cerebro is needed, it is also a good sci-fi device that you will have seen om a star trek show. Additionally, it i the most important device in the x-mansion, maybe far more important than their danger room, so you need cerebro. Again, part of the problem of xmen in the mcu, not having cerebro is watering down their own universe just so it can merge with the MCU.

In most of these case just keep the two worlds separate where getting rid of cerebro will not be an option because in the comic books that was more self contained away from the larger marvel universe, many younger student telepaths like the Stepford Cuckoos used it for their school training with Emma Frost and Jean during the Grant Morrsion X-MEN Run, that was actually a kind of a x-men universe reboot, much like the mcu movies will be.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-15-2021 at 08:10 AM.