Page 321 of 761 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hasn't stopped them before. This is a universe where Stark, Banner and Pym has been building time travel machines, exploring strange dimensions, human like AI and nanotech suits long before Reed ever showed up.
    What does this have to do with CGI budgets for a TV show that you responded too though?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Honestly, I don't think the CGI technology is there to make Kamala's embiggening power from the comics not look stone-cold terrible in live-action, and I suspect that any change to her power to make it an energy aura enveloping and mimicking her limbs underneath is purely to make it not look like absolute ass.

Yea I agree with this.

Incredible Member

Does anyone know when Shang-Chi was supposed to take place? It says "Present Day" but I think what they really meant was 2023 or 2024, after the blip, based on Bruce's appearance at the end. He's in his human form, but has his arm in a sling which I think is supposed to indicate he's recovering from the events of Endgame. There's also some device on him that's glowing green, meaning maybe it's something he's using to stay human. I assume this will be followed up on.

The major continuity blip, then, it seems, is Captain Marvel's hair, which is long again, after being short in Endgame.

Historically, Marvel has been really, really bad at creating a timeline with their films.

Ultimate Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Discovering the powers of Cosmic Rays and the Negative Zone?

With Doom he has mastery of science, magic, and a whole country at his beck and call. And an army of robots with the Doombots.

I don't disagree about their lack of chemistry, it's just makes them seem out of sorts as an Ant-Man and Wasp pairing. Of course I still prefer Am1.
    No offense but Idk why. AM1 was too generic for me.

In the grands scheme of things I don't think they're viewing it that way. Assuming movie Reed is even white.

I wouldn't say any more than other scientist characters, it's just his scientist side is also a character flaw.
    It's a character flaw that's never really confronted, though, is it? None of the other characters talk like "As a scientist logic impels me to disregard emotions blah blah blah"

Calm thine ****. We don't know anything yet. Lets wait till a trailer drops at least. And this might not even have anything to do with Reed.
    Of course we don't know anything yet. I'm just speculating.

Not really. He's meant to be more of an aloof type of scientist compared to Stark, Pym and Banner.
    Aloof, or just uncaring?

My point is; I can't see them being worried about two stretchy guys when we already have multiple characters sharing the same power set; multiple super soldiers, multiple characters in powered armor, Strange and Wong have the same shield/portal style of magic along with the entire school they learned it in, Agatha and Wanda spend the finale throwing beams at each other, CM and Monica Rambeau have similar powers and even the shrink/grow powers are shared between 2 sets of characters. We also have an upcoming movie which will likely have three Spider-people in it.

So why would they suddenly be worried about two stretchy characters from two different franchises.

Like I said, if they're changing her powers, it's probably because they want her to be a part of the CM/Kree lore rather than the Inhumans lore.

Also these D+ shows are supposed to have budgets comparable to that of feature films. They are spending a lot of $$$ to bring She Hulk to life. So Kamala's change in powers (if that is the case) is definitely not due to budget. Plus there is the possibility that she gains her actual comic accurate powers either by the end of the show or in CM2.
    I agree it shouldn't be a problem. Idk how much Marvel Studios thinks that way, though. But if they can do She-Hulk for a whole show, I don't think Ms. Marvel is too much of a stretch

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    No offense but Idk why. AM1 was too generic for me.
    Well, it was a Superhero heist movie. AMaTW was a different kind of heist movie.
    It's a character flaw that's never really confronted, though, is it? None of the other characters talk like "As a scientist logic impels me to disregard emotions blah blah blah"
    Because they have other flaws, pretty much.
    Aloof, or just uncaring?
    I think it would be easier if he didn't care, especially with Ben and Sue.

Bill murray just confirmed he is in ant-man 3.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...universe-debut

That's awesome!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Does anyone know when Shang-Chi was supposed to take place? It says "Present Day" but I think what they really meant was 2023 or 2024, after the blip, based on Bruce's appearance at the end. He's in his human form, but has his arm in a sling which I think is supposed to indicate he's recovering from the events of Endgame. There's also some device on him that's glowing green, meaning maybe it's something he's using to stay human. I assume this will be followed up on.

The major continuity blip, then, it seems, is Captain Marvel's hair, which is long again, after being short in Endgame.

Historically, Marvel has been really, really bad at creating a timeline with their films.
    Hair does grow...... lol

present day = after end game.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Well, it was a Superhero heist movie. AMaTW was a different kind of heist movie.
    Yeah but AM1 was too similar to IM1 for me in many respects, and I didn't like how it treated Janet or Hope.

Because they have other flaws, pretty much.
    But when Reed talks like that, he sounds like the most generic scientist ever. I tried reading the 2018 run and that's how he came off to me.

[/QUOTE]I think it would be easier if he didn't care, especially with Ben and Sue.[/QUOTE]

It's hard for me to tell whether he does care or not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Bill murray just confirmed he is in ant-man 3.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...universe-debut
    I think this is a one time thing. The question is whether he'll be some kind of mystical entity or just a guy.

Eternals is down to 66% at Rotten Tomatoes with 90 reviews. Instead of being Oscar bait, this movie might be a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hair does grow...... lol

present day = after end game.
    I wonder what her hair will be like in The Marvels.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Yeah but AM1 was too similar to IM1 for me in many respects, and I didn't like how it treated Janet or Hope.
    Well, it treated them better than Wright would have. Janet got to go out a hero and turn out to be alive, and Hope was...Hope.

Other than surface level similarities I don't think it's all that similar to IM1, especially from a character perspective.
    But when Reed talks like that, he sounds like the most generic scientist ever. I tried reading the 2018 run and that's how he came off to me.
    He's not very flamboyant, but that's also kind of how he relates to science. Even Bruce can come off like that times in my opinion.
    It's hard for me to tell whether he does care or not.
    Well, you and his family sometimes. But deep down he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Eternals is down to 66% at Rotten Tomatoes with 90 reviews. Instead of being Oscar bait, this movie might be a dud.
    yeah this is a D+ wait at this point.

Getting my money's worth at least out of D+ not speding 15-30+ at the theaters (all the good deal days were gone post covid)

Audience reviews aren't up yet are they? We're still in "critics only" territory right? Let's see how normal people respond. Never did care much for what critics say.

Everything I'm hearing so far makes it sound like my post from a page or two back was possibly right; it sounds like Eternals is a good movie...but not what critics were expecting from the Marvel brand, and breaking their expectations has resulted in lower ratings.

Or maybe it is just a bad film. Marvel was bound to make one eventually, and if their first major dud is Eternals, well, better that than something like Ms. Marvel or Ironheart.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

This could end up being Marvel's first "rotten" movie on RT.

Very unexpected considering it was made by an Oscar winner.