Page 325 of 775 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 11611

I think Strange 2 won't have most of the stuff that people are rumoring. And that the rumors are just fans trying to fulfill their own wish lists. It's like Smash fans when they'd assume a certain fighter would be added, made fake mock ups and everything, then got mad every time it wasn't that fighter.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think Strange 2 won't have most of the stuff that people are rumoring. And that the rumors are just fans trying to fulfill their own wish lists. It's like Smash fans when they'd assume a certain fighter would be added, made fake mock ups and everything, then got mad every time it wasn't that fighter.
    Wasn't Fiege just talking about this with the new Spidey film? That rumors and theories are fun but it becomes a problem when people convince themselves those things are true and then get pissy when it turns out to be wrong?

Better to have fun with the rumors, but leave them at home when it's time to go to the theater and enjoy the film on its own merits, not whether it did the thing you convinced yourself it was gonna do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wasn't Fiege just talking about this with the new Spidey film? That rumors and theories are fun but it becomes a problem when people convince themselves those things are true and then get pissy when it turns out to be wrong?

Better to have fun with the rumors, but leave them at home when it's time to go to the theater and enjoy the film on its own merits, not whether it did the thing you convinced yourself it was gonna do.
    I just have this feeling some of these films will be a letdown to people who believe the rumors. People have already been certain they are gonna have this wish list of characters that haven't even been spotted on set.

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    Late reply, but the parallels are not by accident. WandaVision was taking a lot of inspiration from the Darker Than Scarlet (aka Dark Scarlet Witch) storyline. Which was co-written by John Byrne, who was co-creator of the Dark Phoenix Saga. He used the DPS as the blueprint for the storyline. Wanda having a mental breakdown, reaching the full potential of her powers, becoming a villain with her inhibitions removed, being manipulated for her power, etc. He even homages scenes from the saga.

Wanda in the show not only has a similar power set as Jean, but also similar cinematography and character arc.

Wanda’s director even compared Wanda’s transformation into the Scarlet Witch to that of a Phoenix.

There was also this Dark Phoenix easter egg in episode 8. Notice the “X” on the belt.

Byrne and Bendis were the worst things to happen to Wanda.

I just have this feeling some of these films will be a letdown to people who believe the rumors. People have already been certain they are gonna have this wish list of characters that haven't even been spotted on set.
    Meh. That's a "them" problem, not a "us" problem (as long as they bought the movie ticket first). If they build up a movie in their heads, expecting all kinds of things that aren't officially announced (or even hinted at, in a lot of cases) and then lose their sh*t because their idiot fan theory didn't turn out to be true then that's on them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

One of the sources of these rumors is a writer for Variety, but time will tell.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 10-31-2021 at 06:44 PM.

One of the sources of these rumors is a writer for Variety, but time will tell.
    It's a former Variety writer, and he posted some panels to support the theory that came from DanielRPK. The rumor itself stems from DanielRPK. A former Variety writer posting comics panels from HoM doesn't really confirm anything.

It's a former Variety writer, and he posted some panels to support the theory that came from DanielRPK. The rumor itself stems from DanielRPK. A former Variety writer posting comics panels from HoM doesn't really confirm anything.
    IIRC, DanielPRK didn’t say that it was Xavier that Wanda fights. He just said that it was a character from the Foxverse.

Ultimate Member

IIRC, DanielPRK didn’t say that it was Xavier that Wanda fights. He just said that it was a character from the Foxverse.
    So she'll fight Colossus or Iceman probably

Shuma-Gorath coming to the Multiverse of Madness:

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    So she'll fight Colossus or Iceman probably
    It’s Xavier. Daniel said that what the others were saying was true. Not to mention, his role mirrors the start of House of M.

Merchandise for MoM confirm that Shuma-Gorath will appear like the plot leaks suggest. So the leaks are likely true.

Which is likely just them rumoring something people would find exciting for engagement numbers. They did the same with Mephisto.

Which I wasn't sure why everyone wanted Mephisto. He's a joke. The same with people wanting HoM when that was trash. And ruined Wanda's character.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-01-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Merchandise for MoM confirm that Shuma-Gorath will appear like the plot leaks suggest. So the leaks are likely true.

I'll take Shuma-Gorath over Nightmare anyday. There's also several "leaks" with or without him mentioned. He's a Strange villain. So it makes sense.

Which is likely just them rumoring something people would find exciting for engagement numbers. They did the same with Mephisto.

Which I wasn't sure why everyone wanted Mephisto. He's a joke. The same with people wanting HoM when that was trash. And ruined Wanda's character.
    Wasn’t Mephisto just online speculation instead of rumor?