Page 328 of 775 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 11617

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Yeah but it still sounds like a lot of what we've already got. Of course I'd take that over MCU villainizing accountability again

Yeah, with the Multiverse, Idk if we even need a 'big villain' anyway

Although horror just sounds like adding other genre cliches. I don't really get wanting MoM to be a horror movie.
    People want the horror aspect because certain aspects of Strange books had elements of horror and Shuma-Gorath himself is based on gothic horror.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why people ever thought Disney would make a horror film is just weird.

I forget... was it the old director that originally said that or an actor or did internet media just make it up lol?
    Well, not a "horror movie" so much as one with "horror influences." Obviously we're not getting straight Lovecraft or Poe outta the MCU.

I dunno if the old director actually said DS2 would be horror influenced, or if it was just the internet. But it made sense to me. Strange fits the horror mold well and Marvel has been playing around with subgenres but haven't touched on horror yet.

I'd rather have a horror themed Strange than one that was as thematically bland as the first. I like the first, nobody has to defend it here, but it felt very much like the typical MCU film and, I dunno, I figure Strange shouldn't feel like a generic superhero.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Why people ever thought Disney would make a horror film is just weird.
    You know Disney did Scream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, not a "horror movie" so much as one with "horror influences." Obviously we're not getting straight Lovecraft or Poe outta the MCU.

I dunno if the old director actually said DS2 would be horror influenced, or if it was just the internet. But it made sense to me. Strange fits the horror mold well and Marvel has been playing around with subgenres but haven't touched on horror yet.

I'd rather have a horror themed Strange than one that was as thematically bland as the first. I like the first, nobody has to defend it here, but it felt very much like the typical MCU film and, I dunno, I figure Strange shouldn't feel like a generic superhero.
    Scott Derrickson did tease it as a horror film at SDCC.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    You know Disney did Scream, right?
    Under a subsidiary so it doesn't taint the "Disney" brand, yeah.

Why do people argue this point lol? The fact they do it under another name just points to the fact more strongly they won't touch true "horror" under Disney.

Wake me up when Scream is on Disney plus next to Moana.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eternals is down to 54% RT score with 164 reviews.

Incredible Member

Under a subsidiary so it doesn't taint the "Disney" brand, yeah.

Why do people argue this point lol? The fact they do it under another name just points to the fact more strongly they won't touch true "horror" under Disney.

Wake me up when Scream is on Disney plus next to Moana.
    The Disney brand doesn’t appear on Marvel movies either. Marvel is a subsidiary just like Dimension. They’re full of PG-13 films of people cursing, killing people, giving the finger, and having sex.

But yeah, they’re on Disney Plus, and that is….weird.

Still, I don’t think making something horror-like is a bridge too far.

Weirdest thing on Disney Plus is The Wolverine, with its full-on F-bomb.
    Last edited by Slimybug; 11-03-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the Multiverse I'd think we'd need an even bigger villain.

I think it helps that Strange lends himself well to horror.
    I don't think we do. Because I don't everything needs some big world ending villain. Why not try something different?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People want the horror aspect because certain aspects of Strange books had elements of horror and Shuma-Gorath himself is based on gothic horror.
    But horror is just mostly cliches. I think MoM should just be its own thing

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    ill be curious how this performs in the US vs Shang.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't think we do. Because I don't everything needs some big world ending villain. Why not try something different?
    I guess at the end of the day it's all in the execution.
    But horror is just mostly cliches. I think MoM should just be its own thing
    But it can work depending on how you apply those cliches.

Well damn.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Why do people care so much about this? I haven't heard RT mentioned this much in...ever. Make your own decisions, form your own opinions.

Ultimate Member

I guess at the end of the day it's all in the execution.
    I guess so but I'd like them to aim for something different in the first place.

But it can work depending on how you apply those cliches.
    But why do it in the first place? MCU already has enough tropes

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Why do people care so much about this? I haven't heard RT mentioned this much in...ever. Make your own decisions, form your own opinions.
    ... don't you need "data" and information to form your own opinions on whether to spend your time and money on a product?

plot information, trailers, interviews, critic reviews, "audience" reviews, ect is all data to inform you on whether something is worth your time.

and people "care" right now because Marvel was on an unprecedented 24? movie streak of having "positive" ratings. Them missing on a movie is news. Especially considering this was not a rookie director or troubled production.

... don't you need "data" and information to form your own opinions on whether to spend your time and money on a product?

plot information, trailers, interviews, critic reviews, "audience" reviews, ect is all data to inform you on whether something is worth your time.

and people "care" right now because Marvel was on an unprecedented 24? movie streak of having "positive" ratings. Them missing on a movie is news. Especially considering this was not a rookie director or troubled production.

The data I need is the 24 MCU films I've already seen, Nomadland, which I've already seen, and the Eternals trailers, which I've already seen. I cannot fathom giving so much weight to other peoples' opinions about a movie you haven't seen and letting them sway you into seeing or not seeing it. I saw some of the official RT reviews reposted on Twitter, some of them were clearly trashing the film because they found it "too woke." No offense to anyone here, but I could not care less what a group of straight white men associated with comic book fandom have to say about a film that's purposefully diverse. We all know what kind of ire that inspires in the demographic most likely to be professionally reviewing movies.