Page 33 of 775 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's what I mean. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Once Disney decided to get into their own streaming service that was the end for stuff like the Defenders. And with everything falling under Fiege and his Studio, I don't see networks like ABC doing much more with Marvel either.
    I think that since they're gonna do shows on D+, he doesn't want people to get his work confused with Loeb's, which, although good at times, has reached lows. Plus, they really mean "it's all connected" this time around. In another year, they can put the Netflix characters in their projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think that since they're gonna do shows on D+, he doesn't want people to get his work confused with Loeb's, which, although good at times, has reached lows. Plus, they really mean "it's all connected" this time around. In another year, they can put the Netflix characters in their projects.
    I really hope they can cut a deal like the Ghost Rider actor had, and get the same actors from Netflix.

I know the Rider show is dead in the water right now, but the actor was still gonna jump platforms. I'd love to see the same actors return for Daredevil, Cage, Punisher, and Jones. The Iron Fist actor never impressed me so he can be replaced but the other people were really good in their roles. Like, I can't imagine a better Punisher than Berthal (or however you spell his name).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think if we get movie Ghost Rider we're probably going to get a motorcycle-riding Rider (either Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch) and finally introduce Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really hope they can cut a deal like the Ghost Rider actor had, and get the same actors from Netflix.

I know the Rider show is dead in the water right now, but the actor was still gonna jump platforms. I'd love to see the same actors return for Daredevil, Cage, Punisher, and Jones. The Iron Fist actor never impressed me so he can be replaced but the other people were really good in their roles. Like, I can't imagine a better Punisher than Berthal (or however you spell his name).
    I think we'll see what direction they go in with Moon Knight. I don't know how much violence and rated R stuff Feige will allow. They sell Luke Cage and Deadpool toys to children kinda. At least Marvel Legends. Blade has to be gorey, so they'll have to cave at some point.

I think we'll see what direction they go in with Moon Knight. I don't know how much violence and rated R stuff Feige will allow. They sell Luke Cage and Deadpool toys to children kinda. At least Marvel Legends. Blade has to be gorey, so they'll have to cave at some point.
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how they jive characters like Blade and Moon Knight with the more family friendly Disney atmosphere.

Niffleheim

There is not going to be R rated stuff allowed in Disney+ All things Marvel Studio has to be able to be viewed on the new streaming platform.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-03-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Jennifer Walters is rumored to appear as a lawyer in Spider-Man 3, and then will become She-Hulk in her streaming show that comes out the next year.

How would you feel if Reed Richards takes over as the resident smart guy lynchpin of the MCU, succeeding Tony Stark?

I like the idea of him being kinda like the "de facto main character" like how Stark was, especially if Doctor Doom is used as the next big bad villain like many believe. Everything that drives the plot forward is essentially a game of chess between the two smartest minds in the universe, and I can totally see him filling the role Stark did while going in a completely different style of execution. Just imagine the final battle to decide the fate of the universe amounting to a battle of wits between Reed and Doom?

Niffleheim

Even though Stark was arrogant and unlikable he had a personality Reed does not have a personality unless MCU implants a new one on Reed. Just imagine T'Chala, Reed, Danvers and Strange in a room having a conversation - like how boring will that be? I need a messy Namor in there to ruffle their feathers a bit.

Thing is, people have said "Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange and Black Panther will be the new MCU trinity". I have hard time seeing that by way of them being too specialized with CM operating entirely in space, Strange in magic and mystical realms, and BP in politics involving his own nation. They don't come off to me as "general purpose" heroes.

I think that's why the Fantastic Four are going to be so useful. On top of bringing so many other worldbuilding elements in, the FF can easily fit that general role and provides a story arc such as later becoming the Future Foundation that leads up to the MCU take on Secret Wars.

I can definitely see the Avengers taking a backseat for a while in favor of the Fantastic Four as part of the general MCU, and of course the mutant MCU will be a huge pillar led by the X-Men, combined with the cosmic element, and it all fits together in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Thing is, people have said "Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange and Black Panther will be the new MCU trinity". I have hard time seeing that by way of them being too specialized with CM operating entirely in space, Strange in magic and mystical realms, and BP in politics involving his own nation. They don't come off to me as "general purpose" heroes.

I think that's why the Fantastic Four are going to be so useful. On top of bringing so many other worldbuilding elements in, the FF can easily fit that general role and provides a story arc such as later becoming the Future Foundation that leads up to the MCU take on Secret Wars.

I can definitely see the Avengers taking a backseat for a while in favor of the Fantastic Four as part of the general MCU, and of course the mutant MCU will be a huge pillar led by the X-Men, combined with the cosmic element, and it all fits together in the end.
    Carol and T’Challa seem to have little problem multitasking in the comics so I don’t see why the movies can’t have them do the same. Hell, T’Challa is leader of the Avengers right now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Comics are a little different than movies.

Thor is a god, Iron Man a playboy millionaire, Hawkeye, Hulk, etc. Are all different, but that's what makes the Avengers unique. They are all of different power sets, but unite as a team for the greater good.

I don't know if Marvel is gonna throw away their most successful franchises just yet. Especially since they're putting time into more Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Thor, She-Hulk, the Eternals, Ms Marvel, etc. They can walk and chew a lot of gum at the same time.

They don't have to abandon their Avengers to include more properties.

I didn't say abandon the Avengers, I meant it in the context of "the Avengers are less important, going from the team to just one of the teams".

I didn't say abandon the Avengers, I meant it in the context of "the Avengers are less important, going from the team to just one of the teams".
    The Avengers fit the niche of humans, mutates,inhumans,mutants,eternals,gods. The Fantastic Four is a family team of explorers that get things done, and the X-Men don't really let anyone in their club (you can count the non-mutant members on one hand). They all fit a niche in the MU and the MCU at that.

Captain Marvel and Black Panther made over a billion with each of their films, something that other related franchises at the moment have struggled with. They aren't going to demote them because they have a 20 year old franchise that's failed with their last two movies. If anything, Wolverine will be the face of the X-Men and join the Avengers.

They did turn Spidey around, but included him on the Avengers fun to tie them better.