Page 330 of 775 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And that already sounds infinitely more interesting to me than them beating up some cgi alien monster we barely know anything about beyond "evil!"
    That tells me they didn't do a good enough job selling the Deviants .

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    When did I say I wanted to limit it? I said every entry should be it's own thing. Idk where you got otherwise.

Exactly. I don't need another generic villain plot with an already overstuffed movie

I heard the final fight was between the Eternals

No offense but I'm not sure why 'it's already cliche so don't bother changing it' keeps coming up as an excuse.

As for Strange, I always viewed his comics as 'weird,' not 'scary.' I liked the weird visuals and ideas from both his solo movie and his appearances elsewhere, so I hoped to see more of that as well as crazy stuff from the comics. It's fine with me if they want to be scary, but trying to do so isn't 'fresh', IMO. I'm talking about having more atypical plots, for instance
    I was responding to you not wanting it to be horror to begin with. Which if they can't bring in a different genre to the mcu, is limiting.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Honestly, the villain usually makes or breaks the film for me. (Thanos, Loki, Vulture, Mysterio, Killmonger and the Winter Soldier) were in the MCU films I loved, whereas mediocre foes like Malekith and Killian were in films I really disliked. An interesting antagonist is a must have in my book. Eternals looks completely rudderless (imo) with it's bland CGI monsters. I have seen more than my share of bad CGI dragons and american kaiju movies, and this just looks like more of the same.
    Have to agree, not that they can't do it w/out them specially w/ the massive cast for eternals were meeting for the first time, but they haven't so far.

Unrelated but the bollywood clip they showed was bad, not authentic or even close to the same energy.I don't care about critics but if all the "diversity" is executed like that I might see the problem.

I'm not a huge horror fan but I'm cool with the MCU trying it once. The MCU is gonna dip into every other genre in order to keep going or keep itself interesting. There are other characters like Doctor Voodoo, Blade, Hellstorm, Ghost Rider, Werewolf by night if they don't wanna use Doctor Strange for it.

It would be cool if Kang was the main villian of Doctor Strange 2.

I agree with Spiderfan. I was a bollywood kid so it's a huge bar to pass. But I thought Kingo was fine and him knowing Thor as a kid was a fun joke.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-04-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

1) Yeah from what I understand, the Eternals movie is being review bombed by chuds

2) I can't see the movie until at least next week but Eros is all I care about
    tumblr_3f35ce208d51ac0527c763dd72d4dce4_da50db98_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    1) Yeah from what I understand, the Eternals movie is being review bombed by chuds
    Not sure why you guys keep getting this confused.

There are "audience" reviews and "critic" reviews.

Everything out before the last couple of days are "critic" reviews. These are not review bombed. These are film critics. Thta is what the RT score is based on.

The audience reviews ARE being reviewed bombed, just like Captain Marvel and Black Panther and other movies.

Two completely separate things. CRITICS don't like the movie right now.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING Marvel’s Eternals Banned in Multiple Countries Day of Release

Nothing new for Marvel.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

If they weren't gonna change stuff for China, they weren't gonna do it for those countries lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That tells me they didn't do a good enough job selling the Deviants .
    No they did not. The trailers I've seen basically have the deviants as punching bags for the heroes to show off their powers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Casts Its Werewolf for Next Year's Disney+ Halloween Special
    Gael García Bernal will star in Marvel Studios and Disney+'s 2022 Halloween special that's believed to be focused on Werewolf by Night.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-disney-pl...-special-star/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Everything out before the last couple of days are "critic" reviews. These are not review bombed. These are film critics. Thta is what the RT score is based on.

The audience reviews ARE being reviewed bombed, just like Captain Marvel and Black Panther and other movies.

This, like I get defending the movie but some MCU fans will say anything no matter how non-sensical.It's critics who don't like it, critics who rated it the worst marvel movie ratings wise.Which concerns me because marvel has them all in pocket so what tf happened

No they did not. The trailers I've seen basically have the deviants as punching bags for the heroes to show off their powers.
    No depth so far, hopefully the movie does better

Niffleheim

If they weren't gonna change stuff for China, they weren't gonna do it for those countries lol
    Since the theme for this phase is representation it would have looked horrible if Marvel Studios had edited it for China but then again Phase 4 movies have all been shut out from releasing in China for one reason or another.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-04-2021 at 02:15 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

I was misinformed (and lowkey don't even care about the actual main movie but that's beside the point)

Extraordinary Member

Besides Kro, none of the other deviants in the film matter anyway.