Page 331 of 775 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 11620
    Extraordinary Member

This, like I get defending the movie but some MCU fans will say anything no matter how non-sensical.
    It's critics who don't like it, critics who rated it the worst marvel movie ratings wise.
    Well if the RT score for eternals goes below 50% then you could say most critics do not like.
    Anyway it's not worst marvel rated movie,but it's the worst rated mcu marvel movie from critics.
    We have to see the audience RT score as well and cinema score.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-04-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel Casts Its Werewolf for Next Year's Disney+ Halloween Special
    Gael García Bernal will star in Marvel Studios and Disney+'s 2022 Halloween special that's believed to be focused on Werewolf by Night.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-disney-pl...-special-star/
    Good for the actor but I struggle to be excited by a werewolf

Marvel Casts Its Werewolf for Next Year's Disney+ Halloween Special
    Gael García Bernal will star in Marvel Studios and Disney+'s 2022 Halloween special that's believed to be focused on Werewolf by Night.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-disney-pl...-special-star/
    This is good. Werewolf by Night doesn't get a lot of material. It's good to see Marvel concentrating a lot of attention on the world of monsters and magic. All things supernatural.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This is good. Werewolf by Night doesn't get a lot of material. It's good to see Marvel concentrating a lot of attention on the world of monsters and magic. All things supernatural.
    I was happy to hear the news. Don't know much about Werewolf by Night, which means I can kick back and enjoy the ride without any preconceived notions. And it's always fun to get monsters from folklore and myth in superhero adaptations.

Blade, Werewolf, we've already got a couple witches floating around....I wonder if Marvel is gonna put together their own monster squad, like for a Halloween special or something? Didn't they do something like that in the comics once? Fury and a group of monsters?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I was happy to hear the news. Don't know much about Werewolf by Night, which means I can kick back and enjoy the ride without any preconceived notions. And it's always fun to get monsters from folklore and myth in superhero adaptations.

Blade, Werewolf, we've already got a couple witches floating around....I wonder if Marvel is gonna put together their own monster squad, like for a Halloween special or something? Didn't they do something like that in the comics once? Fury and a group of monsters?
    It could be like the Strange/Hulk animated movie they made back in 2016. Just a one-off special for Halloween. But I hope for a team in the MCU.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I just saw Eternals and loved it. I also understand why people won't like it. It's definitely not what you're expecting walking into an MCU movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I just saw Eternals and loved it. I also understand why people won't like it. It's definitely not what you're expecting walking into an MCU movie.

Awww nice to hear!

Extraordinary Member

I just saw Eternals and loved it.
    I think Eternals is a really good movie as well.
    I enjoy it.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-04-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Well if the RT score for eternals goes below 50% then you could say most critics do not like.
    Anyway it's not worst marvel rated movie,but it's the worst rated mcu marvel movie from critics.
    We have to see the audience RT score as well and cinema score.
    Yeah, my point was people saying it was review bombed makes no sense since it's the critic score

Niffleheim

I don't understand the critical reaction. I loved it too.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I saw one critic asking for justification for why Makaari had to be played by a deaf black woman. That already tells me that some of these reviews are suspect. Plus nearly, every reaction I've read have been mostly positive. This is just a different flavor so the movie is not to everybody's tastes.

Haven't seen it yet but I have seen spoilers that made me more hyped for it.

I also saw a clip of Kingo using his powers and it cracked me up. It's sound effects are 'bishoom' 'bishoom' similar to old Bollywood punch SFX.

I agree that the Bollywood dance sequence was lacking as well. I grew up watching Bollywood movies and this didn't feel as extravagant. It felt more like somebody's best impression of it. I thought the scenes of Tony Stark in India in Spider-Man: Homecoming felt more like it came out of a Bollywood movie.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

I liked it too but can see how people who are not already acquainted with the Eternals could easily lose interest. But like I expected, the whole movie was worth it for the first after credits scene, but I am extremely biased. I will have to find a comic book store up in my area to have people to talk to the movie about irl
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 11-05-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Seeing it tonight! I’m pumped.

Also dang the RT is 49%. Even without seeing it I feel like I can’t be that bad.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-05-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    I liked it too but can see how people who are not already acquainted with the Eternals could easily lose interest. But like I expected, the whole movie was worth it for the first after credits scene, but I am extremely biased. I will have to find a comic book store up in my area to have people to talk to the movie about irl
    I don't want to reveal any spoilers but I heard both credits scenes will have some major effect on the MCU going forward

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I saw one critic asking for justification for why Makaari had to be played by a deaf black woman. That already tells me that some of these reviews are suspect. Plus nearly, every reaction I've read have been mostly positive. This is just a different flavor so the movie is not to everybody's tastes.

Haven't seen it yet but I have seen spoilers that made me more hyped for it.

I also saw a clip of Kingo using his powers and it cracked me up. It's sound effects are 'bishoom' 'bishoom' similar to old Bollywood punch SFX.

I agree that the Bollywood dance sequence was lacking as well. I grew up watching Bollywood movies and this didn't feel as extravagant. It felt more like somebody's best impression of it. I thought the scenes of Tony Stark in India in Spider-Man: Homecoming felt more like it came out of a Bollywood movie.
    And folks WONDER why Brie Larson said what she said at A Wrinkle in Time Premiere. That lead to the push against her.

Out of EVERYTHING in that movie-SHE was the issue that person had?

I bet they didn't say a word about Nick Fury.