Page 338 of 775 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I’d be fine with either option, but I suspect they’ll do Galactus in a non-FF film. Don’t think it has to be an event film like Avengers.
    I'm fine with that so long as the FF are central to the story.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, they basically laid the foundation of Galactus coming to Earth considering they're using the "Earth X" version of the Celestials stories.

I hope they save him for an FF movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, they basically laid the foundation of Galactus coming to Earth considering they're using the "Earth X" version of the Celestials stories.

I hope they save him for an FF movie.
    I'd be fine with them just saying Galactus is a Celestial. Keep it streamlined.

And I definitely think the FF need to be central to the Galactus story but I'm kinda torn on how it should be done. I feel like Galactus has to be a big damn deal. Not necessarily a Thanos style, multi-phase big bad, but a multi-film villain at least. I don't think Galactus is a threat you deal with in a single movie, and unless you turn the entire FF trilogy into a big Galactus tale that kinda forces the narrative into other franchises.

But however its done the FF need to be right there, up in the action and leading the charge.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Galactus i think may not be a Celestial in the mcu.
    I don't think they will do the same thing they did with ego but i could be wrong.

Note-
    I edited some things on page 336(#5034) dealing with another topic.
    Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Part-II
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...art-II/page336

Ultimate Member

I'd rather not have FF central to a major MCU plotline. I doubt even the MCU can make them that interesting. Galactus also has the problem of not really being a 'character' in a sense.

They're not especially great for diversity either. I know Ben is Jewish but he runs through the old cliche of 'minority disguised as something else'

I think if they did some take on Secret Invasion they could have them central and have it interesting.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Official No Way Home poster:

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Galactus will be revealed in the Marvels. They'll adapt Ewing's Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd be fine with them just saying Galactus is a Celestial. Keep it streamlined.

And I definitely think the FF need to be central to the Galactus story but I'm kinda torn on how it should be done. I feel like Galactus has to be a big damn deal. Not necessarily a Thanos style, multi-phase big bad, but a multi-film villain at least. I don't think Galactus is a threat you deal with in a single movie, and unless you turn the entire FF trilogy into a big Galactus tale that kinda forces the narrative into other franchises.

But however its done the FF need to be right there, up in the action and leading the charge.
    FF: Last Story kind of made Galactus this saga-spanning thing for the team. I kind of wonder if they might take influence from that.

The Ultimate Universe had, like, everybody involved but I don't think anyone wants Ultimate Galactus.

I wonder if they'll take from adaptions and use his multiple Heralds like the Black Order were used and have them all around to fight the heroes instead of just the Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'd rather not have FF central to a major MCU plotline. I doubt even the MCU can make them that interesting. Galactus also has the problem of not really being a 'character' in a sense.
    Well, it doesn't seem like they sold you on Hawkeye and Black Widow, so maybe they won't.

Galactus is kind of a natural disaster .
    They're not especially great for diversity either. I know Ben is Jewish but he runs through the old cliche of 'minority disguised as something else'
    I mean, being Jewish is just a part of Ben's character but there's a lot more to him than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Which was basically a stealth non-FF FF book.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    If this is true, The Marvels will become my favorite MCU movie until they get to the X-Men. I LOVED Ewing's Ultimates, every page.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    If this is true, The Marvels will become my favorite MCU movie until they get to the X-Men. I LOVED Ewing's Ultimates, every page.
    ONG, but I feel they need to build it up a bit more

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it doesn't seem like they sold you on Hawkeye and Black Widow, so maybe they won't.
    Because MCU Hawkeye has no personality and MCU BW is just kinda there. And they don't have any interesting abilities either.

Galactus is kind of a natural disaster .
    I think there's potential for that to be interesting but the more humanistic villains are generally more interesting, like Thanos was

I mean, being Jewish is just a part of Ben's character but there's a lot more to him than that.
    I suppose but I've never quite seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't see it happening right now. There's already a lot going on in the movie. It's like when people think Rogue and Mystique will show up in Marvels.

Captain Marvel, Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy would be a good place to introduce Galactus and Silver Surfer if you don't wanna use FF. Plus they are also spacebound so it helps set up stakes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-08-2021 at 10:16 AM.

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Likely First Phase Four Marvel Film to Hit China
    https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...se-1235107273/

This might be controversial, but I honestly don't think it's that big a deal if the FF are a very diverse team. They are such a small group (siblings and college friends) that I can honestly believe that they're just a group of four white friends.

With larger teams like the Avengers and X-Men where characters aren't supposed to know each other before joining and come from all around the world I'm much more adamant about the lineup being diverse.