Page 340 of 775 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 11622
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's not *necessarily* a reason for limited/no diversity, no. And I won't be bothered at all if the FF is a varied group. But while I demand proper representation for teams like the Avengers, I don't demand a family unit of four be a accurate cross section of humanity. They can all be black, Hispanic, Asian, white, a diverse group, etc. I don't care as long as Ben isn't the only PoC and the Storm kids look alike. I don't require a diverse cast for them like I do other teams but I wouldn't complain either.

Is Johnny officially bisexual or is that just fan theory? Ben is Jewish. I'd hope that makes it into the story.
    Johhny isn't Bi, it's hinted a bit w/Daken(who has pheromones and is a master seducer) so I think it's a no.

I think it would be a cool thing though, only downside and is the Spidertorch fandom will light up and be more aggressive than ever.I hate that ship because of it's stans/fans, and I do see Torch as Bi I've had people say slurs/threats I can't repeat here w/out getting banned on why Peter isn't straight.Ofc they are just projecting, and call it queerbaiting.

A bit unrelated but did anyone see the Rhodey/Carol MCU ship drama go down? More reason to stay away from shippers

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This might be controversial, but I honestly don't think it's that big a deal if the FF are a very diverse team. They are such a small group (siblings and college friends) that I can honestly believe that they're just a group of four white friends.

With larger teams like the Avengers and X-Men where characters aren't supposed to know each other before joining and come from all around the world I'm much more adamant about the lineup being diverse.
    Agreed

Kinda silly for force diversity into a team of 4 like that. Well, really 3 with 2 of them related since ben is just orange anyway lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think Ben is the last character they would make a POC because of his apperance, internet would eat them alive for one thing.
    They'll get over it once they realize he's by far the best character on the team

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    They'll get over it once they realize he's by far the best character on the team
    A fellow reader of good taste I see

Although they won't, since many of they don't care about the characters in the first place and just want a check list.But still more focus on Ben would be great

And if X-men can work as minority stand-in's then Ben can easily do so too, since he's that but unlike most of the x-men who are supermodel level attractive he's actual representative of the problem of not fitting in specially when the rest of the FF team can look human

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Agreed

Kinda silly for force diversity into a team of 4 like that. Well, really 3 with 2 of them related since ben is just orange anyway lol
    It'd be kind of funny from a synergy standpoint to where the comic versions are still prominently white no matter what they do .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be kind of funny from a synergy standpoint to where the comic versions are still prominently white no matter what they do .
    Can't change that, unless they pull a Lois Lane and keep it LMFAO

If they really want to they can always go the Nick Fury route...

I don't need the MCU FF to be diverse. I won't care if they do, but it doesn't feel necessary for them. It's okay for a white family to just be a white family. Especially considering by the time we get to the FF we'll have Ms. Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Kate Bishop, Ironheart, Blade, potentially Joaquin Torres Falcon etc. all running around with the X-Men still to come.

Johhny isn't Bi, it's hinted a bit
    Ah, too bad.

Some shippers go way overboard. Best not to take any of it too seriously. Never saw the appeal of Spidertorch anyway.

A bit unrelated but did anyone see the Rhodey/Carol MCU ship drama go down? More reason to stay away from shippers
    I saw some posts about it here. Seemed like a conversation I'm glad I mostly missed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't need the MCU FF to be diverse. I won't care if they do, but it doesn't feel necessary for them. It's okay for a white family to just be a white family. Especially considering by the time we get to the FF we'll have Ms. Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Kate Bishop, Ironheart, Blade, potentially Joaquin Torres Falcon etc. all running around with the X-Men still to come.
    Uh, having those characters doesn't really make negate diversification elsewhere. No one's saying families can't be White. But part of the problem is the White heroes get to have bit families, and the non-White ones generally don't. MCU says 'diversity matters' then throws in this all-White family and those don't really go together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Uh, having those characters doesn't really make negate diversification elsewhere. No one's saying families can't be White. But part of the problem is the White heroes get to have bit families, and the non-White ones generally don't. MCU says 'diversity matters' then throws in this all-White family and those don't really go together.
    Ok this is getting stupid. For craps sake, they just had a movie with an all asian cast! 3 years ago they had a movie with an all African heritage cast! What the bleep is going on. Eternals just came out and there is a variety of races on their team! People are getting insane with this stuff. I don't really care what race the fantastic four is. But this seems to be some huge concern for a lot of people. Its mind boggling.

Extraordinary Member

After watching Eternals I was really disappointed in the story they told. Would have preferred a more direct Eternals vs Deviants story than what they gave us.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Ok this is getting stupid. For craps sake, they just had a movie with an all asian cast! 3 years ago they had a movie with an all African heritage cast! What the bleep is going on. Eternals just came out and there is a variety of races on their team! People are getting insane with this stuff. I don't really care what race the fantastic four is. But this seems to be some huge concern for a lot of people. Its mind boggling.
    Really? One movie with mostly Asians and another with mostly Black people and racism is a dead topic? Really?

What do you mean? What happened?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Dumbest thing I have ever heard. If this was the case. there would be no black people in US
    I am not to clear what you saying here.
    Could you explain some more.