Page 349 of 775 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 11621
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's not about 'there can be only one'. It's more about prominence. The Infinity Saga featured multiple different groups like Cap's Howling Commandos, Guradians, the Warriors Four, The Dora Milage, Team Cap in Cap 2, The Defenders but Avengers was the most prominent team. The X-Men have hundreds of characters and big story arcs and the FF are explorers of the cosmos and Doom is a villain for not just the FF but the Marvel Universe as a while. Stands to reason they'll become more prominent and important as we move through the phases especially when they start adapting stories like 'Coming of Galactus', 'Secret Wars' and 'Dark Phoneix'.
    They can be prominent but shouldn't be more or less prominent than any one else. And we don't know how important any of them will be anyway

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Brutal. I was really wondering how Disney/ Marvel was gonna approach this property. And it doesnt look like they are sugar coating anything.
    I hope it's not brutality for brutality's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Seems like Kamala gets her powers (or whatever they are at this point) from a blast of some sort? And who is attacking her school?

- The Moon Knight teaser makes it sound like all the different identities have their own voices/accents. And it's going to be a lot darker than I was expecting.

- Looks like they're going for the classic She-Hulk physique, and Bruce will mentor Jen. And 4th wall breaks!
    What did you think of the brief glimpse we got of the she-hulk effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Spider-Man: Freshman Year I'm mixed on. There's a lot of Hollands' Spider-Man life that is unexplored because of the rapid pacing of the movies, but I don't really care about MCU Spider-Man that much let alone really want to watch an MCU Spider-Man cartoon, and it just feels like more and more stuff based around the MCU instead of its own thing which feels limiting. And seemingly setting it pre-CW seems odd. Why not just do an original Spider-Man cartoon? I'm curious if they'll get Holland back for this.
    Tbh, how many more Spider-man cartoons do we need? They'll all cover the same basic stuff anyway. Actually seeing Peter older than 30 might actually be more interesting
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 11-12-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Tbh, how many more Spider-man cartoons do we need? They'll all cover the same basic stuff anyway. Actually seeing Peter older than 30 might actually be more interesting
    I've never agreed with you more. Spectacular Spider-Man or bust.

Dr strange is about to go through nutso reshoots

6x a week for 6 weeks

Thats... a lot
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

What did you think of the brief glimpse we got of the she-hulk effects?
    Hard to say without seeing her face and stuff, but she looks tall .
    That depends. How many of them are actually good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I've never agreed with you more. Spectacular Spider-Man or bust.
    Marvel Animation has yet to again achieve the heights of Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I'm looking forward to the upcoming stuff but I'm not expecting that to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

6x a week for 6 weeks

Thats... a lot
    That...does sound like "significant" reshoots.

They can be prominent but shouldn't be more or less prominent than any one else. And we don't know how important any of them will be anyway
    We can guess who is going to be important based on the story arcs that are most likely be adapted at some point. And while I think the MCU will give more love to lesser known characters and grant unexpected characters solo outings, some characters will be more prominent, that's inevitable. That doesn't side characters will be ignored. I think it will be like how Wanda, Vision and Sam were largely minor supporting characters in CW/IW/EG but still got their own shows where they could shine.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

6x a week for 6 weeks

Thats... a lot
    It's due to COVID but that hasn't stopped the rampant speculation.

One source played down the severity of the shoot: “Even while in the middle of production, Marvel is scheduling you for more shooting,” adding that the size and complexity of Marvel movies necessitate additional photography.

One insider scoffed at the size and scope: “We’ve had bigger reshoots on other MCU movies.”

However, other sources have their eyebrows raised at the length. “They’re here until the end of the year. That’s like a whole other movie,” said one.

Several factors appear to be driving the shoot. One insider said about two weeks are dedicated to principal photography that was held over from the initial shoot that took place in the U.K. due to what is described as actor availability issues. The insider played down concerns the reshoots were related to retooling the story.

Another reason for the shoot concerns catching up on production slowdowns from Covid-related matters that hit the initial UK production. It was those slowdowns that reared their head when they unexpectedly affected the Marvel release schedule last month.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ts-1235045328/

First glimpse of Sam Jackson as Nick Fury from Secret Invasion:

https://www.ign.com/articles/secret-...-fury-no-patch

All-New Member

8964.jpg

So who was reponsible for this? Shang-chi Bus scene.

This is blowing up in China's social media. 8964 is Tiananmen Square 89-6-4

So the ban had less to do with Simu's comments?

This likely gonna affect other MCU releases.
    Last edited by irhyme; 11-13-2021 at 03:16 AM.

The actual reason is that the Chinese Communist Party doesn't want the MCU movies to be successful in their country. Even if there’s no reason to ban a movie, they'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    First glimpse of Sam Jackson as Nick Fury from Secret Invasion:

https://www.ign.com/articles/secret-...-fury-no-patch
    Well, that's a new look.

I wish Wolverine had given him those scars instead of a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I read an Eternals "review" on AiPT that was really just a complaint/ takedown of the MCU. The MCU has never been perfect, but maybe since a film has finally gotten negative reviews everybody thinks now is the time to bring up those longstanding complaints.
    Yeah, folks are just using the "disappointment" of the Eternals to bash the MCU as a whole. The entertainment media SHOULD embrace a movie like the Eternals. It has A-list actresses and an A-list director working on it. The movie is refreshingly diverse. And it tackles the lore and history of the MCU in a way that bucks the "formula" of previous Marvel Studios entries. And yet the criticism has been really fierce. I think a lot of it has to do with Marvel fatigue. For ME, I've felt it for the first time EVER since the MCU got going. That's why I think Feige is being pretty astute in delaying Doctor Strange 2 and Ms. Marvel. I think audiences need a bit of a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree

I also feel it's taking the hit for a lot of MCU problems and superhero fatigue on top of it's own flaws.It wasn't just ambitious in it's uniqueness IMO, it just tried to do too much.All the eternals, the celestials , deviants to the post credit scenes etc. that were never built up before nor audience having any idea who or what they are as opposed to Spider-man or even some of the Avengers.

It wasn't goofy like Gotg and didn't have a Quill character to ground it all, which was key to Gotg's success.

Marvel made a big gamble and it didn't really land, and the fact that enough critics/famous people are open about it leads to a lot casual audience to feel they can too.
    I get that Marvel-related movies have dominated 2021 at the box office, but I don't think that accurately reflects what's going on. These films cost FORTUNES for Disney to make...And I don't think ANY of them will end up making much money (I understand we are living in a pandemic world, but still...). Plus, after a year FULL of Marvel content on Disney Plus, we've just found out that subscription growth for the service has slowed to a CRAWL. And Disney's stock has PLUMMETED in recent days. Of course there are other factors playing into that, but still...Chapek and company must not be too thrilled with what's going on because Netflix's earnings and subscriber growth has been SOLID for the same period of time. By the end of 2021, the MCU and Sony will have put out TEN movies/shows and I'm hoping that that's a one-time thing. There's just too many characters to follow now in my opinion. And too many movies and shows. I mean even the ACTORS playing Bucky and Ikaris pretty much look the same now. It's GONNA be harder for audiences to follow what's happening in the wider MCU (and I haven't even TOUCHED ON the different "versions" of the same characters appearing through time travel/multiversal shenanigans). I think it would really help if Marvel Studios concludes the arcs of several characters SOON. I didn't really like Endgame THAT much, but I liked that Iron Man, Captain America and the Black Widow got to conclude their journeys. If that didn't happen, I'm SURE Endgame would not have been such a massive success at the box office.

And the comparison to Dune is most illuminating. The books on which that FIRST movie is partially based are considered one of the most difficult science fiction properties to adapt for live-action. And from what I hear, the response from moviegoers has been quite positive, so that's a success in my book. And it just took a few days for Dune to announce a sequel was coming. I haven't heard any news about any follow-ups for the Eternals, even though the Eternals probably will eventually do better at the box office compared to Dune. It's not particularly a fair comparison because Kirby's Eternals wasn't a huge tome from what I understand.

I haven't been a HUGE fan of Phase 4 thus far. I do like and enjoy it, but I prefer the MCU's 2008-2020 era more. Maybe that'll change, but I must admit I've been a bit disappointed. I think the Phase 4 acting and production values have been top-notch. And the Phase 4 ideas and concepts Marvel Studios has introduced have been really interesting and original, but the execution hasn't been great in my view. Hopefully Spider-Man 3 will be good.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-13-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Stocks have been volatile for a lot of companies during the pandemic. The movies make billions of dollars...
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Stocks have been volatile for a lot of companies during the pandemic. The movies make billions of dollars...
    The movies DID make billions. Past tense.

Who knows when they get back to that. And who knows if they even can wtihout China.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    IBy the end of 2021, the MCU and Sony will have put out TEN movies/shows and I'm hoping that that's a one-time thing. There's just too many characters to follow now in my opinion. And too many movies and shows. I mean even the ACTORS playing Bucky and Ikaris pretty much look the same now. It's GONNA be harder for audiences to follow what's happening in the wider MCU now (and I haven't even TOUCHED ON the different "versions" of the same characters appearing through time travel/multiversal shenanigans. .
    My wife just a touch above a casual and this is becoming true.

This multiverse thing is not going to go over well with casuals.