Page 352 of 776 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 11639

People on twitter like agatha bc of a song, lets be real lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Apparently the new Hawkeye show will have "A Kevin Feige Production" for the first time.
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...er-disney-plus

Real Xi Jinping energy there. Recently Xi Jinping, the Chinese dictator, had his party pass a "historical resolution" acknowledging him in the "pantheon" of Chinese great founders such as Mao (never mind the famines), Deng Xiaoping (nevermind Tiananmen Square massacre).

Obviously there's no violence of that kind to compare with, but basically this is an attempt to elevate Feige as the heir to Stan Lee, right? It's an attempt to personalize the MCU into a single spokesman and impressario. Another company man, maybe a better dude, but still a company man who never produced a non-IP movie in his life, gets to be elevated as this single visionary and interpreter all the while leading a company that pays scraps and pittance to artists, especially Matt Fraction and David Aja and their collaborators.
    Can we avoid these kinds of comparisons? You can make your point without comparing him to a brutal dictator.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios President Responds to Rotten Eternals Score & Critics

quote-
    By the way thor and thor 2 have a high enough rating from critics,more so thor 1 and captain america the first avenger has really high rating. It's has 80% rt from critics.
    Thor the dark world did make more money by the way then the first one.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-15-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Marvel Studios President Responds to Rotten Eternals Score & Critics

I mean Zac Snyder was right and this marvel lady is right. Ultimately it doesnt matter what rotten tomatoes thinks. I think everyone on these boards has like movies that are rotten and not liked movies that are fresh. I know I have.

Extraordinary Member

The EXTREME hatred for the eternals movie and upcoming mcu is irrational from certain youtube channels.

Astonishing Member

The EXTREME hatred for the eternals movie and upcoming mcu is irrational from certain youtube channels.

Is it? Well don't know why I would be surprised. I don't watch those u tube things. But as someone else posted hating things is a business.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Is it? Well don't know why I would be surprised. I don't watch those u tube things. But as someone else posted hating things is a business.
    Even Entertainment journalists have learned how to play DC-Marvel fandoms and Film twitter by having a prerequisite question every auteur director having to answer or comment on the MCU movies while promoting their new movies.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Agatha became a meme, and thus she became popular.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted below in THREAD: ETERNALS MCU APPRECIATION 2021

Here is another point of view.

ThgzNdHgz2 quote-
    ETERNALS was never meant to be a sure "blockbuster." All indications point to Marvel/MCU/Kevin Feige overloading Eternals for the purpose of being a key movie to reference in the MCU future as it will be a SIGNIFICANT movie to Phase 4-5.
    The story of the MCU Celestials-Eternals-Deviants opens up the cosmic storyline with Galactus/Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Abstract Entities, and possibly FF, mutants, and - yes - Infinity Stones origin.
    Fiege is a brilliant Master Psychological Strategist. He is a phenomenon beyond the best of Hollywood producers. Expect 100+ of Easter eggs imbedded in Eternals that will hatch in upcoming MCU and add lore to previous MCU. I have learned NEVER to underestimate "FIEGIOLOGY" long-term cohesive focus imbedded in each MCU movie and TV shows.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2021/page18

Quote Originally Posted by irhyme View Post
    Attachment 115510

So who was reponsible for this? Shang-chi Bus scene.

This is blowing up in China's social media. 8964 is Tiananmen Square 89-6-4

So the ban had less to do with Simu's comments?

This likely gonna affect other MCU releases.
    Meh, people will always see what they want to see.

"Hmmm, Shang Chi wears red? Is it this subtle communist propaganda?"

This is up there with thinking every character using 12 was some sort of hidden easter egg or hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's a new look.

I wish Wolverine had given him those scars instead of a cat.
    Same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I do often wonder if Multiverse of Madness will be the breaking point. Rumors point to that movie being MASSIVE, but will casual viewers care? Will viewers invested in the story (especially those invested in WandaVision) appreciate a movie that is overly concerned with cameos and Easter eggs? Can it pull off being a Doctor Strange series while also following up on No Way Home, WV, and possibly Loki as well? Just seems like a lot to juggle.
    I think the rumors around MoM are out of control and pretty sure 90% of them aren't even true. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie turned out to be just Dr Strange, Wong, Wanda and America Chavez fighting Shuma Gorath and ends with Wanda reuniting with her kids and Mordo giving Strange an IOU.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People don't understand that Agatha had her own story. With her own villains and such. They don't think she has any because they didn't bother to delve into it. And beyond that, writers can create more. I've seen people say time and again that some characters can't be solo characters. But the only reason solo characters became that is because someone created a support cast and villains for them. That lore doesn't come pre-packaged.
    Plus, Agatha allows them establish the supernatrual corner of the MCU and use ideas and characters that they might not be able to use in a Dr Strange movie.

It was damn good song though.

I wonder if the new show will have some tunes.

"~Agatha is back a-gain~"

It is to generate clicks.

If you don't have an extreme opinion, you are ignored.

Plus everytiem you have a 50/50 movie, people are going to dig in on their side nad go to war. Man of Steel was the same way.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I like long movies when they are good. I mean, I regularly watch LotR extended editions (and even the Hobbit extended lol)

but 2 hours and 49 minutes for spider-man is...... a lot.

Astonishing Member

I like long movies when they are good. I mean, I regularly watch LotR extended editions (and even the Hobbit extended lol)

but 2 hours and 49 minutes for spider-man is...... a lot.
    Wow they must be throwing everything at this one. Thats a long movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Thanks for the really insightful and illuminating responses to my points.
    I've enjoyed this discussion and your insights and thoughts as well!

To me, there's gonna HAVE to be some exposition explaining the rules of the Marvel multiverse in Strange 2. Lots of people around the world never actually watched Loki, so I think an info dump is coming for that movie. I wasn't exactly thrilled with how Loki's series explained the rules, but at least Marvel will get a second chance to do it.
    Absolutely. I think everyone is operating under the assumption that the D+ shows won't pull the audience size the films do, so what the shows explain, the films will have to cover just to catch everyone up.

That may become problematic down the road depending on how convoluted things get, but I don't think this particular movie will have much of a issue with it. Audiences are familiar with the basic idea of the multiverse and Endgame already explained how it works in the MCU (Marvel will assume anyone watching Strange 2 saw Endgame and thus skim over the details) so it'll really just be a matter of the film reminding audiences of those branching timelines and telling us that there's now an infinite amount of them. Honestly, it should require less of an info-dump than Widow or Shang explaining their family backstories.

We mustn't forget; complex concepts do not always require complex explanations.

I just don't like using them to bring back dead characters.
    Who's been brought back?

I agree with you that this could get unwieldly but that will depend on how Marvel handles it. So far the multiverse has only brought us a few variants who are easy to recognize as their own unique characters (like Sylvie) and the opportunity for Marvel to troll the fans (Ralph Bhoner). Oh, and What If gave us some fun "what if?" moments that have no real bearing on the MCU.

You're right that this could be a house of cards that collapses under its own weight, but the MCU has been under that kind of threat from the very beginning; a continuous shared narrative across dozens of films was already a logistical challenge, the multiverse will only be as big a problem as Marvel makes it. Thus far, every time they've expanded the universe (adding magic, mythology, more aliens, dimensions, etc.,) it's been fine. No reason to expect them to drop the ball now.

I think Spidey's movie will do well. But not because of Holland's version of Parker. Lots of fans appear far more interested in other Sony and Netflix characters appearing in it. For me, I just want Spidey to remain a public hero after No Way Home.
    Spidey is a big enough draw the film will do well regardless of whoever else is in it. As for whether he remains a public hero....I'd be more concerned with whether Holland sticks around long enough to explore that in the first place. As I understand it, his contract is nearly fulfilled and who knows what will happen afterwards?

I liked the first Strange film. But I liked Stephen even MORE in his other MCU appearances later on. It seems like most people it seems are watching MoM largely for Wanda's role in it. At this time last year, Stephen was the FAR more popular character in my opinion. But after March of THIS year, I think the Scarlet Witch has overtaken him in popularity.
    I'm sure Marvel has tons of market research for this, but from where we're sitting it's hard to tell who is more popular. But that's immaterial; if Wanda has become highly popular then that's good for Strange2; it'll mean a higher box office.

I get why you're concerned but I think you're worried for (mostly) nothing. All of this? It's the same stuff Marvel has been doing from the start. We were worried if Thor would fit into the MCU's world of iron men and super soldiers at one point, remember?

When Fiege and the other people who have crafted the MCU from the beginning leave, *that's* when we should be worried. That, or if the films stop making a viable profit. But Fiege and co are still here, the films are still making money, and everything else is just noise and dross.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Same difference.
    Well, one could have provided more pathos and meaning to Fury's car than what we actually got.