Page 356 of 775 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 11615
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Too bad we couldn't get Spec Spidey in live-action.
    Spec Spidey?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Spec Spidey?
    A Spider-Man cartoon .

Since Doctor Strange was originally suppose to release before No Way Home and they had to rewrite it…does that mean the plan was to have Wanda be responsible for breaking the multiverse? She certainly did that in Darker Than Scarlet with her Nexus powers, which WandaVision referenced.

Wonder if that is still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Andrews Spidey will be the one to save MJ. He’s finally getting closure.
    This should be his closure.

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    Since Doctor Strange was originally suppose to release before No Way Home and they had to rewrite it…does that mean the plan was to have Wanda be responsible for breaking the multiverse? She certainly did that in Darker Than Scarlet with her Nexus powers, which WandaVision referenced.

Wonder if that is still the case.
    She didn't break the multiverse in Darker than Scarlet. I don't know why you keep saying that. It was teased. Never happened. She was broken from manipulation before anything really could be done. Immortus had planned for her to be the center of his plan to have the multiverse flow through her throwing off the Timekeepers. It did not actually happen because the Avengers stopped him. Wanda recovered and was powerless for a time.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-17-2021 at 08:38 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Well, one could have provided more pathos and meaning to Fury's car than what we actually got.
    Not much difference between getting scratched by an alien cat and a feral man with rage claws. Not everything needs a 'deep' explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ant-Man example doesn't work because they never said, "you don't need to watch the other movies"
    The point is, most people don't watch Ant-Man movies even when they claim that events from those movies will factor into the Avengers movies. Yet the Avengers movies are successful regardless and you don't hear any claims related to Ant-Man himself.

The movies themselves are on D+, that is also a factor here. They're counting on people who enjoyed the movie to sign up for D+ and watch other MCU related content.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You could have easily had a sinister six because of FFH

Parker being exposed is an easy reason for 6 criminals to ruin is life, he's a sitting duck now.

Adding Strange to the mix so they can add old spider-man villains is just adding 90 minutes to a movie for no reason lol

If they needed to break the multiverse, they coudl have had it as a post credit scene where Strange tries to do the spell and it doesn't work right.
    I feel like maybe you set up the Sinister Six roster in the first three films and then you have all of them together for a fourth (like we've got Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion, Mysterio if he's still alive somehow), but instead we're getting a bunch of villains Holland has no connection to and they couldn't even fit in a sixth villain.

Like, setting aside the Multiverse stuff, the third film should've been like Kraven or Spider-Slayers to get out all the big Lee/Ditko stuff that hasn't been in the movies yet...instead of trying to make Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Kraven work in his own movie that no one is asking for.
    I would rather we had gotten a full Sinister Six too. This should have been Kraven and Scorpion leading Mysterio, Vulture, Tinkerer and the Shocker with an army of Spider- Slayers taking on Peter.

But, Marvel doesn't have full control over these movies and I suspect that agreeing to tie into Sony's previous Spider-Man movies as well as Venom and doing a Multiversal Sinister Six is what finally got them to bring Spider-Man back into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not much difference between getting scratched by an alien cat and a feral man with rage claws. Not everything needs a 'deep' explanation.
    No, but the way they set it up made it come off as it should've been more meaningful and important than it actually was, and at least with Logan you have the whole Weapon X/war buddy dynamic.
    I would rather we had gotten a full Sinister Six too. This should have been Kraven and Scorpion leading Mysterio, Vulture, Tinkerer and the Shocker with an army of Spider- Slayers taking on Peter.

But, Marvel doesn't have full control over these movies and I suspect that agreeing to tie into Sony's previous Spider-Man movies as well as Venom and doing a Multiversal Sinister Six is what finally got them to bring Spider-Man back into the MCU.
    Kraven and Scorpion, yeah, but I think it was still too early for a big team villain movie until they made it about the multiverse.

It really feels like they're celebrating a cinematic anniversary that doesn't exist.

Ultimate Member

A Spider-Man cartoon .
    Why at all would that be live action?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She didn't break the multiverse in Darker than Scarlet. I don't know why you keep saying that. It was teased. Never happened. She was broken from manipulation before anything really could be done. Immortus had planned for her to be the center of his plan to have the multiverse flow through her throwing off the Timekeepers. It did not actually happen because the Avengers stopped him. Wanda recovered and was powerless for a time.
    Also, we don't know for sure if just the events shown in the trailer are alone responsible for what happens to the multiverse

Why at all would that be live action?
    Not live-action, but a similar approach to the character/property.

Ultimate Member

Not live-action, but a similar approach to the character/property.
    I'd rather the MCU avoid being too similar to any of the cartoons. They come off as hokey to me.

I'd rather the MCU avoid being too similar to any of the cartoons. They come off as hokey to me.
    Spec wasn't really that hokey in my opinion. Of course personally too me the MCU kind of come off like cartoons at times, like the DCAU at least.

Ultimate Member

Spec wasn't really that hokey in my opinion. Of course personally too me the MCU kind of come off like cartoons at times, like the DCAU at least.
    I never thought the MCU was like any of the cartoons I've seen. But most cartoons tend to be marketed to kids so the dialogue always comes off as trying too hard

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

The point is, most people don't watch Ant-Man movies even when they claim that events from those movies will factor into the Avengers movies. Yet the Avengers movies are successful regardless and you don't hear any claims related to Ant-Man himself.

The movies themselves are on D+, that is also a factor here. They're counting on people who enjoyed the movie to sign up for D+ and watch other MCU related content.

No, but the way they set it up made it come off as it should've been more meaningful and important than it actually was, and at least with Logan you have the whole Weapon X/war buddy dynamic.

Kraven and Scorpion, yeah, but I think it was still too early for a big team villain movie until they made it about the multiverse.

It really feels like they're celebrating a cinematic anniversary that doesn't exist.
    I would have gladly just taken Scorpion as the main villain (give him powers or somethign idc) and whomever he hires to help him (Kraven, Rhino, whatever) making Parkers life hell given that is identity is revealed. That feels like a Spider-Man movie to me and finally give Tom is own movie with own villains.

(in my head, I even invision Vulture being involved.... except that he ends up saving Parker in the end or teaming up with him as a way to pay for his sins sorta thing. But whatever lol).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I never thought the MCU was like any of the cartoons I've seen. But most cartoons tend to be marketed to kids so the dialogue always comes off as trying too hard
    Well, I'm thinking more of the "high-grade" Superhero cartoons.