Page 357 of 761 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spec wasn't really that hokey in my opinion. Of course personally too me the MCU kind of come off like cartoons at times, like the DCAU at least.
    Spectacular Spider-Man was the gold standard. The way I was heartbroken when I found out they planned to do 5 seasons, follow-up TV movies, and most importantly allow Peter to grow up. Gone too soon.

No Way Home is growing on me. The Multiverse angle is alright but I was hoping for a more character driven story. At first glance this feels more like fanservice. However they could always prove me wrong.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-19-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    No Way Home is growing on me. The Multiverse angle is alright but I was hoping for a more character driven story. At first glance this feels more like fanservice. However they could always prove me wrong.
    It looks like it at least won't be boring nad at least these guys aren't Iron Man villains lol.

But, also probably confirms there will never be a true MCU Otto, Goblin, and the like.....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It looks like it at least won't be boring nad at least these guys aren't Iron Man villains lol.

But, also probably confirms there will never be a true MCU Otto, Goblin, and the like.....
    There's rumors that they end up stuck in the main MCU Universe at the end of the movie. Not sure how I feel about that.

They still could introduce their own version. Most Variants don't have to look alike.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I'm still surprised they actually got Mohamed Diab (a big name director over here in Egypt) to direct the first 4 episodes of Moon Knight.

He's mostly involved as writer on film and television productions and only directed two films but said films left a big impact on Egyptian audiences for tackling sensitive topics relevant to Egyptian society.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Fantastic Member

Curious what this might be. I can't imagine it is live action. Maybe a voice over for something? She is also a producer so it is probably not What If S2.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/scarlet...ct-1234877118/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's for that Women of Marvel docuseries I'd bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's rumors that they end up stuck in the main MCU Universe at the end of the movie. Not sure how I feel about that.
    I'm definitely not thrilled by the idea. But then, I'm not thrilled about this being a big multiverse film instead of something smaller that focuses on Peter and the drama of his identity being revealed. But hey, if that does turn out to be true at least the actors are all quality! And if Holland's Parker is the reason they get stuck on a parallel earth that'd give them all reason to hate him, so we'd finally get some bad guys who hate Parker for Parker, and not just because of Tony.

Seems like we don't get many small films anymore. Everything is the "fate of the world!" if not bigger. Even Shang Chi ended up protecting the entire earth from getting eaten by a Lovecraft kaiju. Wandavision was the last project that was focused on smaller scale problems, and that still ended with her becoming a nigh-mythical super witch even other witches didn't think was real. Hopefully Hawkeye will just be about Clint training Kate and fighting some tracksuit Draculas, and maybe the evil circus of crime that raised him.

But we'll see what they do with Parker. I've enjoyed the MCU Spidey films (despite their flaws and changes and Tony-isms) so I have faith that the movie will be fun even if it's not what I'd like it to be.

It's for that Women of Marvel docuseries I'd bet.
    I just think it's nice that ScarJo is working with Marvel again. I wouldn't blame her at all for walking away and never looking back, Disney really tried to screw her over and their response to her lawsuit was woefully bad PR, insulting to her and her contributions, and tone deaf as hell. Screw the Mouse. But Fiege seemed genuinely upset about her treatment and I'm hoping he was able to smooth things over. The MCU is better for Scarlett's involvement, I think, even if she does it from behind the camera.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-19-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'd rather the MCU avoid being too similar to any of the cartoons. They come off as hokey to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I never thought the MCU was like any of the cartoons I've seen. But most cartoons tend to be marketed to kids so the dialogue always comes off as trying too hard
    Maybe you should watch the cartoon [Spectacular Spider-Man] before making such a blanket statement.

I would have gladly just taken Scorpion as the main villain (give him powers or somethign idc) and whomever he hires to help him (Kraven, Rhino, whatever) making Parkers life hell given that is identity is revealed. That feels like a Spider-Man movie to me and finally give Tom is own movie with own villains.

(in my head, I even invision Vulture being involved.... except that he ends up saving Parker in the end or teaming up with him as a way to pay for his sins sorta thing. But whatever lol).
    Kraven was one of Vulture's buyers on the international market who used to be in Klaw's crew but then ran off to create his own splinter group. He used some of the Vibranium that Klaw stole to ferment his own super soldier serum. He's pissed that Peter ruined his business. His brother is the Chameleon and Rhino is his muscle. Vulture and Scorpion broke out during the chaos of the 5 year blip. Chameleon frames Peter for even more crimes while Kraven, Rhino and Scorpion (now outfitted with the same alien tech left over from EG) present themselves as new freelance superheroes to J Jonah Jameson. Peter goes from trying to keep an everyday life plus doing the super hero thing to becoming a full on fugitive on the run.

If an Avenger presence is compulsory then bring in Banner as Peter's friend and bodyguard as well as guide Peter on what to do when on the run. The end of the movie is J Jonah Jameson realizing that he was being manipulated then out of guilt, he offers Peter a job at the Bugle and even though Peter would 'prove' that he wasn't Spider-Man by the end of movie, Jonah knows it's him but keeps the information to himself. This **** writes itself. lol

Idk, this at least opens the doorway to finally getting a live action Hobgoblin. Otto could work if they portray the MCU version similar to the PS5 version. They could introduce MCU Norman Osborn and have Peter be paranoid about him becoming the Green Goblin only to inadvertently paving the way for him to become one. I just hope the MCU doesn't start that only one person ever was destined to play these characters. I hope this is just a one off and they don't bring back old actors for the upcoming releases. Like, I want new actors for Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine , I don't want to see Patrick Stewart, McAvoy, Fassbender, McKellan and Hugh Jackman reprising their roles again or Multiverse shenanigans.

Also, since Tom Holland is talking about retiring and this Peter having elements of Miles Morales character, maybe they could give MCU Goblin and Octopus to Miles.

I agree that this movie will be entertaining at least. But Spidey has such great Rogues Gallery that I want to see more new villains brought to life than rehash the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm definitely not thrilled by the idea. But then, I'm not thrilled about this being a big multiverse film instead of something smaller that focuses on Peter and the drama of his identity being revealed. But hey, if that does turn out to be true at least the actors are all quality! And if Holland's Parker is the reason they get stuck on a parallel earth that'd give them all reason to hate him, so we'd finally get some bad guys who hate Parker for Parker, and not just because of Tony.

Seems like we don't get many small films anymore. Everything is the "fate of the world!" if not bigger. Even Shang Chi ended up protecting the entire earth from getting eaten by a Lovecraft kaiju. Wandavision was the last project that was focused on smaller scale problems, and that still ended with her becoming a nigh-mythical super witch even other witches didn't think was real. Hopefully Hawkeye will just be about Clint training Kate and fighting some tracksuit Draculas, and maybe the evil circus of crime that raised him.
    Hawkeye looks very grounded thus far. Not sure exactly who the villain will be but we have Swordsman, the Tracksuit guys, Echo and a certain infamous crime boss rumored to show up. So far nothing too out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hawkeye looks very grounded thus far. Not sure exactly who the villain will be but we have Swordsman, the Tracksuit guys, Echo and a certain infamous crime boss rumored to show up. So far nothing too out of the ordinary.
    That’s a lot for one show, but I’m weirdly excited about it. I often have the best time watching MCU projects that don’t have super high expectations built into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

But we'll see what they do with Parker. I've enjoyed the MCU Spidey films (despite their flaws and changes and Tony-isms) so I have faith that the movie will be fun even if it's not what I'd like it to be.
    Ant-Man used to be the smaller scale guy and now he's fighting Kang the Conqueror.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Also, since Tom Holland is talking about retiring and this Peter having elements of Miles Morales character, maybe they could give MCU Goblin and Octopus to Miles.
    I do feel like if they try to make Miles as a solo protagonist happen in the MCU they'll probably just adapt Peter stuff they didn't get to do with Holland. Because other than Miles' stuff with his uncle I don't think he has a comic story that's cinematic ready like a lot of Peter's major stories (or that don't involve the Ultimate Universe).

The MCU Feels Like It's Flailing, But It's Not (All) Marvel's Fault:

https://www.cbr.com/mcu-flailing-not-all-marvels-fault/

Well, I'm a little surprised an article on CBR actually agrees with ME for once. That's a bit of a shock to me. I concur with 90 percent with what Georges Williams said in the comments section:

"I don't think any of these reasons are to blame. They made poor choices, plain and simple. The TV shows had huge potential that were never really fulfilled. Rather they just felt like fillers. Black Widow was meh and Shang-Chi should have been an all-out kung fu movie instead of it turning into a fantasy CGI spectacle. It seems like some of the Netflix folks will be making appearances, but I think they also missed an opportunity by not tapping into that sooner. Phase Four is a big letdown."

I don't think it's fair to blame Disney for not using Netflix characters. They had to wait over TWO YEARS after the Netflix shows were cancelled to get access to them so I understand why they couldn't use them.

I really LIKED Shang-Chi. It's probably my favorite property of Phase 4 thus far. It was really funny, and I enjoyed the fight choreography, the extensive use of Mandarin and the Asian architecture. I enjoy it when Marvel goes "international" in a non-contrived way and exposes folks like me to non-Western cultures. I thought it was hilarious when Slattery sat in the front seat of the car they were escaping in because he gets carsick. Me and my mom are TOTALLY the same way. LOL! The MCU is at its best when it does grounded **** like that. Trevor should try Dramamine. But the rushed and chaotic ending of the film disappointed me. I was surprised to see a martial arts movie morph so quickly into a fight between a less talkative version of Smaug (a dragon from the Hobbit) and a less talkative version of Falkor (a dragon from the NeverEnding Story). Very weird. But the CGI looked visually strong to me.

Black Widow was disappointing to me. It was afraid to show Natasha's past, and that film will largely be now known for causing ScarJo to sue Disney. In my opinion, 2021 might have been the worst year for Marvel on record. Pandemic aside, I don't believe they've delivered. Which is a shame. The acting has really been phenomenal and the production values of the television shows are fantastic. I also think the ideas and concepts Marvel introduced in both the shows and films have been REALLY original and interesting, but the executions have been bungled. Marvel is dominating on streaming and in cinemas, but I definitely feel fatigue has set in. And there is one particular reason why I feel this way. Professional reviewers from the entertainment media have FINALLY turned on Disney/Marvel Studios. Those critics have found fault with previous MCU properties in the past in their reviews, but I have NEVER seen so much venom and contempt for a MCU production like the Eternals. Hollywood publications have historically been quite friendly to the MCU's material in the past. I don't think the Eternals really deserves that kind of criticism, but it seems to be taking a lot of flak for the sins of the entire MCU (and I'm definitely including the behavior of its stans in that category). I think Feige and his team were blindsided by the vicious and brutal reviews for the Eternals (I think they believed this movie would win them Oscars). It must have been EXTREMELY painful for Marvel Studios executives to read some of them. Hopefully, they will learn lessons and right the ship. That's why I'm happy they're DELAYING most of their movies and shows. I think that's a savvy move to fight off superhero fatigue. Even popular sports leagues like the NFL and popular trash tv shows like Maury take some time off each year. So I like that decision. To me, the key test is how well the Multiverse of Madness will do next year. It's GOT to deliver. There's so much riding on that film alone. It's the first MCU movie whose story will partially be based on its television shows. I personally believe if it continues to talk about multiverse/time travel rules excessively, the film WILL suffer and antagonize audiences. Just get it over with FAST. I also think inserting pointless cameos and new characters into that movie would NOT be a good move in my opinion. And Marvel's PR about the re-shoots being "routine" sound like spin to me. I'm fairly confident that Spider-Man 3 WILL deliver solid box office results IF they introduce certain Sony and Netflix characters. I would prefer a movie more focused on the CURRENT MCU Spider-Man, but I don't have much faith at all that it would do well in theaters if Sony/Disney went that route. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

BREAKING NEWS: Lil' Nas X Cast As Miles Morales And Will Cameo In 'No Way Home'.

Capture2.JPG

https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1461728670544920577

spoilers:
    Just kidding. I was just playing along. No such thing is happening.
    end of spoilers