Page 358 of 775 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 11619
    Ultimate Member

Is this real?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ant-Man used to be the smaller scale guy and now he's fighting Kang the Conqueror.
    Yeah, exactly. Friggin *Ant-Man* is jumping through realities and timelines....and he's the "small scale" guy?

Hawkeye looks pretty down to earth, which is great, but when was the last time a MCU film actually went lowkey?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Is this real?
    No. Nas X isn't playing Miles, it's just a internet rumor thing that people are having fun with. I guess?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Why does the MCU have to be low-key? MCU's low key stuff so far isn't as interesting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Friggin *Ant-Man* is jumping through realities and timelines....and he's the "small scale" guy?

Hawkeye looks pretty down to earth, which is great, but when was the last time a MCU film actually went lowkey?

No. Nas X isn't playing Miles, it's just a internet rumor thing that people are having fun with. I guess?
    Well I know its on tv but Falcon and the Winter soldier was relatively low key. And even if a prequel Black Widow was basically a James Bond movie.

I was thinking to myself we might see Hawkeye and Moon Knight fighting more street-crime than Spider-Man.
    Why does the MCU have to be low-key? MCU's low key stuff so far isn't as interesting
    Variety? Not everything needs to be an end of the world or city scenario.

Don't you think it's a bit weird to have some Avengers dealing with multiversal, magical, cosmic and geopolitical threats while at the same time other Avengers are preoccupied in dealing with local neighborhood criminals? Shang-Chi and his "franchise" were literally fighting demonic dragons and the Black Widow characters were combating international terrorists. I mean it's happened in the comic books on a fairly regular basis, but non-superpowered characters like Clint and Natasha have already done the space travel thing in the MCU. I just feel it's somewhat weird.

Stories can't be amped all the time or people would get tired of that. There is definitely room for smaller villains and smaller events in between.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Exactly. Not every single Marvel production needs to cater to one specific dude. Mix it up. I'm more than fine with there being some stories that explore niches I'm not *personally* that into. Street level. Cosmic. Psycho-thriller. International espionage. Whatever.

Just warn me before we get a western about the Two-Gun Kid or a rom-com about Patsy Walker!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Either Homecoming or AMATW (though I could be wrong about this one)

on this end, did anyone else kinda find it funny that Widow went with "Red Room guy manipulating the world behind the scenes!" and then 10 rings guy went "Wenwu manipulating the world behind the scenes!" lol

I mean yeesh, are the villains just manipulating each other at htis point haha
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Either Homecoming or AMATW (though I could be wrong about this one)
    Black Panther was rather personal and wakanda based.

I guess you have a tiny bit of "killmongers gonna hand out weapons!" but thats no different than what vulture was trying to do really lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    on this end, did anyone else kinda find it funny that Widow went with "Red Room guy manipulating the world behind the scenes!" and then 10 rings guy went "Wenwu manipulating the world behind the scenes!" lol

I mean yeesh, are the villains just manipulating each other at htis point haha
    They should introduce the MCU version of the Cabal just to explain away all these hidden supervillains.

I guess you have a tiny bit of "killmongers gonna hand out weapons!" but thats no different than what vulture was trying to do really lol.
    Yeah, but Vulture was basically just an arms deal while Killmonger was trying to offset the balance of power on a global scale and kill a lot of people.

Because I don't want every story to be about the end of the world as we know it? Because when the stakes are always set at "end of civilization" then the scope and stakes of that feel flat and pointless.

I like the big, high concept stuff. But if that's all the MCU gives us it'll get real old real fast. Sometimes the best story isn't about a space god trying to eat the planet, it's about the guy stopping a gun dealer from selling uzi's to kids at the local high school.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well I know its on tv but Falcon and the Winter soldier was relatively low key. And even if a prequel Black Widow was basically a James Bond movie.
    Those are lowkey by current Marvel standards, but you still had the geopolitical balance in question for Falcon and the threat of global terrorist attacks. With Widow you had the threat of a shadow agency changing the shape of history to fit their whims. It's not as overt as something like Thanos, but both were dealing with geopolitical threats that would have changed the world as we recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Don't you think it's a bit weird to have some Avengers dealing with multiversal, magical, cosmic and geopolitical threats while at the same time other Avengers are preoccupied in dealing with local neighborhood criminals? Shang-Chi and his "franchise" were literally fighting demonic dragons and the Black Widow characters were combating international terrorists. I mean it's happened in the comic books on a fairly regular basis, but non-superpowered characters like Clint and Natasha have already done the space travel thing in the MCU. I just feel it's somewhat weird.
    Eh, no more weird than Thor being real, or a kung fu master using bracelets as super weapons.

This genre has never been properly balanced like that. The Avengers have always had guys like Clint on the roster next to guys like Hulk. And I can suspend my disbelief and accept that a powerless archer could find a place on a team that fights alien tyrants...but that doesn't mean that archer has to *always* fight alien tyrants either.

Killmonger came real close to starting World War III and taking over the entire world and bringing back slavery. That is very, very different from Vulture selling scavenged sci-fi guns out of the back of a van.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

i think as time goes on, Marvel studios needs to explore more concepts beyond their superheroes. The horror characters, the cowboy/western characters, the non-superhero science fiction stories, the fantasy characters (e.g., Weirdworld, etc.. Conan could have been a gold mine for them if they bought the character decades ago.) Mini-series on Disney +, lower-budget films, those should all be on the table.
    Also yes, they should start explore having all new creations which can be retro-fitted into comics.

With Jessica Jones, we've seen how a character exists kind of on the periphery of superhero shenanigans. There could be a TV show focused on a police detective unit operating in Marvel's NYC. Marvel's Code: Blue is also an option to have, a police crew who are called in for super-crime incidents.

Ultimate Member

I was thinking to myself we might see Hawkeye and Moon Knight fighting more street-crime than Spider-Man.

I'm kinda iffy on street level stuff due to recent events in society.